Maruti Ritz vs Swift on Rear Seat Comfort

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys, After a lot of research and Test drives i have finalized on Swift and Ritz (diesels). Only unanswered question in various reviews is about the rear seat comfort of Ritz as compared to Swift, which is very important for me.
I felt the Ritz rear seats are more upright, lack thigh support, and may be uncomfortable for long rides.
I really liked the Ritz, but dont want to give it up just for this reason. But then, why buy a car if it aint gonna be a good ride?

Ritz owners and guru's, please advise.

Re: Ritz vs Swift on rear seat comfort

Hi guys, After a lot of research and Test drives i have finalized on Swift and Ritz (diesels). Only unanswered question in various reviews is about the rear seat comfort of Ritz as compared to Swift, which is very important for me.
If rear seat comfort is your consideration then stay away from Swift which has cramped rear bench. Not only it lacks the leg room, but also has a confined head room due to its sloping roof design.

I felt the Ritz rear seats are more upright, lack thigh support, and may be uncomfortable for long rides.
Your observations are correct, Ritz does lack under thigh support, but is definitely offers better comfort than Swift.

Custom cushioning is very much possible in any car. If you have made up your mind for Ritz and the rear seat comfort is the only thing that is bothering you, then get the cushioning done after you get your car.
And to be honest, the under thigh support isnt very less, its just similar to other hatchbacks of the segment.

ritz is better than swift anyday for indian conditions but for rear looks and boot space.
ritz is better tuned and resolved than swift.

350Z

Core Team

Hope you have already performed an extensive research after taking into consideration the other hatchbacks too. Now if the decision is to be made only amongst Marutis, the Ritz indeed is much roomier than Swift (Thanks to tall-boy design). Though you must still check both the cars carefully and choose the one which suits best from your own personal observation, also the New Swift is around the corner soon. Meanwhile, take a look on following ownership reviews of Ritz.

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ar-maruti-suzuki-ritz-zxi.html?highlight=ritz
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uki-ritz-ownership-review.html?highlight=ritz
- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-vdi-35k-long-term-update.html?highlight=ritz

Drive Safe,
350Z

Rear seat experience in my ritz is one thing i have not experienced much, but never heard a complain from somebody that it is cramped, but of course if you make 3 people sit in a hatch in rear then it will take a lot of struggling for the back- bencher's to adjust themselves (may not be true in case of Indica Vista-Space of an amby out of a hatch)

AMG

Suspended
If rear seat is your only criteria, close your eyes and go and buy the Indica Vista.

Between the two, I recommend the Ritz.

If rear seat is your only criteria, close your eyes and go and buy the Indica Vista.
Between the two, I recommend the Ritz.
i agree to AMG.

vista is spacious and comfortable but niggling issues haunts like devil.

If rear seat comfort is your consideration then stay away from Swift which has cramped rear bench. Not only it lacks the leg room, but also has a confined head room due to its sloping roof design.

Your observations are correct, Ritz does lack under thigh support, but is definitely offers better comfort than Swift.
Hai,
I agree with you friend.
In my opinion you will definitly enjoy the back seat ride. especailly in long drive.
Only this reason I select ritz as my second vehicle.

I guess there are no much changes in new gen swift dude. The rear sear comfort may remain the same.
Better stick to Ritz. A bit of cushioning will give a comfortable seat and its ride stability is an additional peace. [:)]

Between Ritz and Swift i would also say Ritz , better driveable , more refined.

But just wait for new Swift , i have read in various reports that it is having a slightly longer wheelbase and so increased legroom.

Regarding Maruti Swift rear seat comfort, the older swift lakhs under thigh support. Its quite dis comfortable during long travel. I have not experienced any problem with the head room. I am always a back seater and the most important thing is lack of under thigh support. Ritz rear seat comfort is unknown to me.
I suggest you to test drive the Swift and Ritz back to back having the car driven by someone else and you seated in the back seat. Select the one that you feel comfortable with

Top Bottom