Maruti Ritz VDI SVS Warning

Thread Starter #1
My Ritz VDI shows the Service Vehicle Soon warning as I switch on the ignition and then this light does not disappear like it should , but as soon as I start the car the light is gone. Vehicle was serviced only 3000kms / 3.5 months ago.
Any clues what it could be due to?

Take your car to MASS and get it hooked to a OBD scanner and look for error codes. Most probably it would be a clogged air filter which you can clean at home also, or relatively low oil which too you can check on your own.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard, Gaurav. Please refer to this thread, which has similar discussion: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...27-reporting-1st-issue-maruti-ritz-vdi-3.html. I am quoting a post for reference:

Update! UPdate!

The light is gone finally!. Its not the battery, the fuel filter coupler gasket was not fitted properly it was twisted, the mechanic told it was strange that there was no leak but what the hell problem is gone now!.

The sai service station (JM road) guy actually caught this as he too was suspecting battery issues, but he says if its the battery only the svs light comes on without any error codes not both of them.

The AGM workshop Mr bhosale actually knew about TAI and he says he regularly follows this when he gets time. Thanks to TAI i got some special attention while the car was being diagnosed!
Drive Safe,
350Z

hey harry!
welcome to the forums visit the service center and ask to hook SDT(OBD handlheld device) for any error codes. If there aren't any then just go home happy. Dirty air filter will not cause the svs light to come on because there is no feedback sensor equipped to detect that as quoted by SA.

Top Bottom