Maruti Ritz Carputer and ICE Installation

Thread Starter #16
Thanks 350Z, wanted to share my experiences...

Also, now after my long and short drives this weekend i noticed that in heavy sunlight the monitor is hardly visible even the spec say brightness of 400 cd/m2. In Bangalore weather its more than enough.

Anyone with lilliput monitors had this problem...

Hi Raj,

I think you have connected the carputer directly to the amp right?

If so, how do you split the single 3.5mm output from computer to connect to the amp?[confused]

I didn't feel any difference.SQ is ok.
But when I connected it through my Pioneer HU,the bass was more,I think.
But its enough for me.

Thread Starter #21
i'm using 4 channel amplifier for 4 speakers and woofer.

So, i had to put all 4 speakers in stereo mode(Using 2 channels) and other 2 channels are merged for woofer. Ideally i should take 2 stereo wires from system but i'm just using one stereo cable in "stereo mode".

coming to your question, you can ask in any chroma or home theater stores for "Stereo to rca cable", Do not use cheap ones. Go for bendridge or belkin with gold plated connectors. The signals are analog unlike hdmi so cable quality plays great role.

As, ACMohan mentioned there will be negligible difference in SQ with or without HU.

@arjun: I prefer buying a good, ready-made cable. Will go for DIY if i don't get any ready made one.

Raj,
Belkin Stereo Cable F8Z180tt07GLD-P
You mean something like this?

If so, with this we can power only front right? But how to connect wires for rear and sub to computer? considering the computer has only one line out(that green jack). Do you use stereo splitter for this? or do you have a sound card with separate output for each channel?

Sorry for being a noobie[embarass]:sorry:

Thread Starter #24
@Vivek: how are you planning to connect to speakers. do you want to use normal head unit's outputs for speakers or amplifier to speakers?

in case of direct amplifier to speakers, stereo cable from carputer will go to 1 input of 4 channel amplifier, other will be empty. so you don't need any y cables.

@Vivek: how are you planning to connect to speakers. do you want to use normal head unit's outputs for speakers or amplifier to speakers?
I prefer to retain HU, considering my parents who don't use computers. Where can we fit the HU since the 2din slot will be occupied by the monitor? Is it possible to keep the HU panel alone visible and keep the HU hidden? Are there any cables to do this?

in case of direct amplifier to speakers, stereo cable from carputer will go to 1 input of 4 channel amplifier, other will be empty. so you don't need any y cables.
I'm just curious to know, to get sound from all the speakers we need to provide inputs to all the 4channels in amp right?

If we connect by the way you said, it will power only the front speakers(or rear) right? How will the other speakers work?

Hi all,

I got my Ritz delivered last month and wanted to install decent ICE in it

I was fascinated with the idea of a computer in the car and decided to build a carpc, and got so exited that I've all the items ordered, delivered, built before getting the car, and even before learning how to drive
I am also building one, however want to know one thing,

Mine is Ritz ZXi so it comes with inbuilt stereo. I want to remove that and put a double din panel where I can fit any 2din screen and it do not look out of the place... anyone can tell me if any 2 din faceplate available for Ritz in JC road or any other shop in Bangalore? and how much they may cost?

thanks,
D

Thread Starter #27
You can get the face plate from any maruti showroom, you just have to go to service section and ask them, its 169rs.

If you buy it outside same will cost you 600rs, hope it helps.

Go to Sagar automobiles,bannerghatta, they have it in stock.

Last edited:
You can get the face plate from any maruti showroom, you just have to go to service section and ask them, its 169rs.

If you buy it outside same will cost you 600rs, hope it helps.

Go to Sagar automobiles,bannerghatta, they have it in stock.
thanks Raj. I will get one soon. got most of the parts for the carpc. waiting for my friend to bring M3 psu from US. will post the pics once all done.

Thanks,
D

Hey Guys!

I have installed a tablet on my Ritz in the compartment on the dashboard. I am using that as my car's navigation and entertainment system. I will shortly posts pics of the same. Tablet that I have used is google's nexus 7 tablet and is costing about 10k on flipkart.

Clean and neat job Raj.One thing to ask,do you need to switch on the system unlike normal computers or it automatically switch on ignition?
How much time does a booting takes ?

Top Bottom