Maruti Gypsy or Maruti Grand Vitara?

Re: want 2007 or 2008 Grand Vitara

What's the OTR price of Vitara now in Delhi? Though the car is old its still new when you consider the engine , do ensure the ODO is not tampered though.

And even i think no seller will agree for a bargain of 4Lakhs!

Thread Starter #18
Re: want 2007 or 2008 Grand Vitara

well then its no use of buying car expensive then market price also 2008 had 2.0 engine which used to cost around 15L for AT but new engine 2.4 cost around 18L for AT .

actually one person had brought 2007 model in 2009 for 7.20L

Thread Starter #20
then i will not buy it . i won't waste my money .

I will be taking my mother with me to see the car let hope he get agree and also my mother like it if mother said no then even if he agree for 6L i will just walk away . i will take worst car esteem with me so that he won't think me as rich kid :tongue:

Buy the gypsy! ,
peace of mind .
add ac to the comfort.

Enjoy the bumpy ride!!

Vitara's spares are hell costlier. though it may share with sx4 they are costlier and every time you need to wait for spares , reason they say its sgp and not mgp.

Other options .

How many times in a year are you going to use a 4x4.

FOr 6L budget , you get lot of used 4x4 safaries / scorpio / even old pajero!

Thread Starter #22
actually i was thinking about gypsy only but mother isn't happy :/ some how she never liked it but who know later i might end up buying gypsy let see how its turn out tomorrow .

about other 4X4 i can't go for them reason they are diesel and i am looking for 4X4 petrol as i am going to fit CNG(i know you must be thinking how cheap is this guy but if i have option to save some money and still enjoy life then why not ) and will drive it every day if i am going for off-roading then will close CNG and burn some good petrol .

i have to agree on this spares point

AMG

Suspended
Why dont you buy the Thar?

Great off road. No hassles with installation of power steering or AirCon.

And looks decent too.

Thread Starter #24
thar no way even person and his mechanic who had modified 2 thar recently was complaining me that its quality is very bad . SO i will stay away from it .

As ilango suggested Gypsy will be mine last choice

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];86722 said:
FOr 6L budget , you get lot of used 4x4 safaries / scorpio / even old pajero!
Are you sure that the Mitsubishi Pajero can be bought under Rs.6 Lakhs? Even the oldest Pajero with average condition goes above 7 Lakh onwards. Also, its spares are not wallet-friendly either. Mastersquall, if you can find a genuinely well-maintained Vitara under 7 Lakhs. Do give it a thought. Personally I am also a fan of this SUV in second hand car market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #26
bad news just got to know from CNG installer who had installed CNG in my corolla that its not legal to install CNG on vitara >_> bad luck but he has installed atleast 3 CNG in vitara but in the end its illegal

AMG

Suspended
Are you sure that you mechanic had seen Thar only and not MM540?

All the reviews of the Thar seem decent.

Thread Starter #29
ok went to gurgaon to check out that car . First bad luck 2 driver started fighting each other over there car bumber and result i was stuck there for 30min.[frustration]

finally reached place . From outside car was ok bit colour had lost its charm it was bit dull compare to my safari still shine like new till today . well looked inside interior first thing i saw driver seat i was like WTF did dog used to drive this car with soo many cuts . Interior was very badly maintained even CD player wasn't working properly really i was feeling sorry for that car . After looking around bit and asked my mechanic to look under neat and found crack in bush of suspension and many thing . In the end that car was not even worth for 6L so i never took TD and simply walked away . What a waste of time .

But again my luck that another guy told me that he too is willing to sell and strange that his vitara was also black and AT with 32K KM . His car is parked in noida side but he has already left country so he gave his father number called him and later emailed me all pic of his car . i must admit his car was looking way better then today car . his father said 10L dam it again good car out of my budget . His car has touch screen player nice . but i think its enough for me . I am poor guy so i better stick with less expensive car .

I think i should buy gypsy and put old man suspension(should cost me 65k) + AC and enjoy the car [:D]

350Z

Core Team
You should always ask for some pictures of the car from seller and get basic details before making a visit. This really saves a lot of time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom