Maruti Gypsy King Restoration. Help Required.

Thread Starter #1
hello all , iam a off-road enthusiast i had a thar di 4x4 earlier but due to some circumstances i have to sell it off [cry] , for a long time i was not able to join my n.i.o.c (northern India off-road club ) friends , and the otrs . i managed some funds and finally got my hands on a 2000 model army auctioned gypsy king mpfi(hard top) . the restoration work is in process i bought it at 1.2L (as it came from the army depot ) . works ill be doing on my gypsy are
1. hub greasing
2. all brake changed
3. denting & welding
4. new seats
5. engine work ( hope it will be fine )
6. paint job ( i badly need some suggestions here)
7. m.t tires please suggest
8. snorkel please suggest
posting some pics also

Attachments

hey buddy. congo for your car !!!

go for a matt finish paint - black // dark blue .. the beast will look very MEAN

snorkel - you can order from viji from swastikfabs.in , will cost you around 4k for the pipe and the snorkel head

tyres - go for maxxis trepador.

all the best

Congrats for your Gypsy buddy. Did you check out the engine? And how many miles has the beast crunched till date. As for color suggestion, i would suggest all black scheme. What all Offroad mods have you planned for?

congrats buddy on your car. Car seems to have been standing uncovered for a long time hence the condition of the dashboard and the interior. Good thing is to start from the inside and work your way out. Colour etc could be done at a later stage also but make sure that all the rust, body filler, bondo, are taken care of, followed by engine strip down and rebuild.

Thread Starter #6
hi all sorry for posting late , there is a bad news , today we tried to start the engine , the engine block is cracked . ill have to spend 12k more for new block (new sleeves piston etc etc )

congrats buddy on your car. Car seems to have been standing uncovered for a long time hence the condition of the dashboard and the interior. Good thing is to start from the inside and work your way out. Colour etc could be done at a later stage also but make sure that all the rust, body filler, bondo, are taken care of, followed by engine strip down and rebuild.
I wouldn't advise i would say first mechanical and electric later once every thing working ok then interior

@deepak i was expecting btw where are you getting your restoration done

Thread Starter #8
hey buddy. congo for your car !!!

go for a matt finish paint - black // dark blue .. the beast will look very MEAN

snorkel - you can order from viji from swastikfabs.in , will cost you around 4k for the pipe and the snorkel head

tyres - go for maxxis trepador.

all the best
thanks a lot buddy ill go for black

Thread Starter #9
I wouldn't advise i would say first mechanical and electric later once every thing working ok then interior

@deepak i was expecting btw where are you getting your restoration done
the first basics and engine work will be done in mayapuri, and the paintjob will be done here in gurgaon (i dont like the mayapuri paint quality)

350Z

Core Team
i managed some funds and finally got my hands on a 2000 model army auctioned gypsy king mpfi(hard top) . the restoration work is in process i bought it at 1.2L (as it came from the army depot
Welcome to The Automotive India, Deepak. Nice to find another interesting restoration project. What are the latest updates?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
hi friends , my gypsy is now ready to roll these are the final paint and interior pictures
when i took her first time for offroading and after doing some climbs and donuts , the engineoil came up in spark plugs[anger] . so i swamped the engine from a disposal gypsy with a good engine @rs5000 only now things are working fine.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
hi friends , my gypsy is now ready to roll these are the final paint and interior pictures
Congrats on completing this project. The images are not visible. Please reupload them. Is there any specific workshop in Mayapuri that you’re relying on?

Drive Safe,
350Z

when i took her first time for offroading and after doing some climbs and donuts , the engineoil came up in spark plugs[anger] . so i swamped the engine from a disposal gypsy with a good engine @rs5000 only now things are working fine.
i can't see any image [surprise]
you mean you have swapped engine ?

Top Bottom