Maruti Gypsy Headlight Upgrade Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Bought our Gypsy in 2010 and from day one it was suffering from low headlight visibility so changed the stock bulbs with the same headlight bulb and it was running okay but now the itch to upgrade is more as the visibility is very low (Halogen H4 12V 60/55W) when the oncoming traffic almost blinds me. So wanted to upgrade the headlight bulbs to a nice one. Confused between which to go LED or Xenon's.

Please pour in your suggestions.

Thanks in Advance.

Since its a Gypsy, i would suggest you to upgrade to 90/100 or 100/130 Bulbs with relay & cut-out. The headlight assembly must be glass and this would be able to take the additional heat.
I have the New Thar, and also thinking to upgrade to 100/130 Bulbs.

Thread Starter #3
Upgraded to Philips H4 100/130 bulbs during this recent lockdown March 2021 and they are more bright even at day (i mean proper 12:00 noon). I would say it is a proper upgrade and there is not even a need to fit auxillary lights in my Gypsy. At night it is even more brighter as well and you will not be in need of high beam at all except in two lane roads / village roads.

My personal opinion would be to go for the Philips bulbs instead of Osram irrespective of the wattage.

What is the socket upgrading to 100/130 with relay is not advisable, it will put more stress on alternator and battery, you have options mini projectors and LEDs. Check your alternator ration and according to it go for accessories.

Thread Starter #5
What is the socket upgrading to 100/130 with relay is not advisable, it will put more stress on alternator and battery, you have options mini projectors and LEDs. Check your alternator ration and according to it go for accessories.
Both are H4 only and it fits like a glove.

Initially i had the doubt it might be of heavy load but i have checked it with the local mechanic, everything seems fine.

I hope Gypsy is 50 Amp alternator, maximum 10Amp for extra load, your OEM two head lights High beam will take 10 amp both 60W/12V= 5 X 2 = 10AMP. But 130W/12V = 10.83 X 2 = 21.66Amp. 10amp from OEM rating + 10 Amp from extra accessories ration but still 1.66 amp extra load on alternator and battery. if no other accessories are there then its ok.

Thread Starter #7
I hope Gypsy is 50 Amp alternator, maximum 10Amp for extra load, your OEM two head lights High beam will take 10 amp both 60W/12V= 5 X 2 = 10AMP. But 130W/12V = 10.83 X 2 = 21.66Amp. 10amp from OEM rating + 10 Amp from extra accessories ration but still 1.66 amp extra load on alternator and battery. if no other accessories are there then its ok.
I'm currently looking for LED for my Maruti Gypsy and i have considered Philips Ultinon H4 LED headlight bulbs. Amazon link

Would like to know more about the Philips LED bulbs?

Can anyone share some more information on these Philips LED bulbs? or should i go for any other LED bulbs?

And What about those 7 inch aftermarket LED Headlights?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Most of them available here are just crap with horrible output, just show. Good performers cost a bomb like Morimoto Super7, which is around $600.

Upgraded to Philips H4 100/130 bulbs during this recent lockdown March 2021 and they are more bright even at day (i mean proper 12:00 noon). I would say it is a proper upgrade and there is not even a need to fit auxillary lights in my Gypsy. At night it is even more brighter as well and you will not be in need of high beam at all except in two lane roads / village roads.

My personal opinion would be to go for the Philips bulbs instead of Osram irrespective of the wattage.
Please don't do this. Round reflector + 130W blinds the oncomers. Only I know whom all I cursed [lol]

Last edited:

Top Bottom