Maruti Ertiga VS Mahindra Xylo

Which is better?

• Total voters
votes are very close! but IMHO ertiga is best for price. okay diesel is costly but i wont compromise for safety in xylo..it always feel scary and toppling @ high speed [frustration]

I dont see any reason why you should buy the Ertiga unless you are buying a petrol car or you are a Maruti loyalist. As said before, spec to spec, the Ertiga VDi compares with Xylo E4 ABS. Xylo costs 49k more, which I feel is worth it, considering you get a more powerful engine, proper AC vents in rear seats, much more space & genuine 3 rows of seating.
That's exactly what will keep the tour operators/ cabbies away from Ertiga which will indirectly be good for the personal users. [:)]
Not sure if MS has thought of the same while pricing the diesel variants, to avoid Ertiga getting a cab image.

looking at the comparison i think only the petrol variants make sense.

diesel is overpriced for what it offers and the xylo E4 or the E6 makes a good point here.

Most of the pros/cons stated above for both of the vehicles are probably true. But I believe that the price difference the diesel topend of both is around 2 lac (Ertiga ~ 8.5L & Xylo E9 ~ 10.5L)

Given the difference, there would be a large segment which wont mind the compromise on space, engine power and width (being key ones) in the Ertiga. Guess that is also showing in teh large number of bookings.

FYI, in one of the television reviews, SVPatankar shared that he drove the Ertiga within just him on-board and with 7 adults on-board and there was no difference he could feel.

looking at the comparison i think only the petrol variants make sense.

diesel is overpriced for what it offers and the xylo E4 or the E6 makes a good point here.
Yes. And this is the first time maruti has used K 1.4 L engine, hence awating feedback for this engine.

Most of the pros/cons stated above for both of the vehicles are probably true. But I believe that the price difference the diesel topend of both is around 2 lac (Ertiga ~ 8.5L & Xylo E9 ~ 10.5L)
A Xylo's top end is much more powerful and much more loaded with features to demand that additional money.

The top end Ertiga competes with E4 ABS (base mEagle) version of Xylo.

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vs Mahindra Xylo - Mass movement

Something unusual happened this May. Maruti Suzuki’s new Ertiga beat the Toyota Innova, making it the largest selling ‘proper’ people-carrier in the country.

The fact that the Innova remained unconquered for nearly seven and a half years says something about this virtually invincible Toyota. Even the direct assault on it by the Xylo about three and a half years ago never managed to trouble the Innova, despite the Mahindra being much cheaper. Earlier this year Mahindra brought out the first major refresh on the Xylo and with it, hopes of making it even better on the sales front. For a while, it seemed to be doing just that. But then came along the Ertiga. In price terms, the two aren’t too different, though the top-end Mahindra Xylo mHawk retails for a little over a lakh more than the Ertiga ZDi. For a similar price tag, you can opt for either of these two — which one should it be?

Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vs Mahindra Xylo - Mass movement

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vs Mahindra Xylo - Mass movement

i would still choose the Xylo. Ertiga seems tooo compact for me.

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vs Mahindra Xylo - Mass movement

i would still choose the Xylo. Ertiga seems tooo compact for me.
Those who want proper MUV, Xylo is better than ertiga. Those who have 4 adults with 1-2 kids, they would surely choose ertiga as it is nice to drive & has family car look unlike xylo which is typical cabbie.

I feel Mahindra Xylo is great and come with lots of features as compared to Ertiga, Xylo is really very specious and powerful and exterior looks give sporty look but Ertiga looks old fashion.

My dad owns a Xylo and i just love the space factor. Loads and loads of space.
Also has a very powerful m-Eagle engine and i just love the stance, a proper MUV.

IMO Ertiga just doesnt match up too well. Swift like interiors and an impractical 7-seater.

My vote goes to Xylo [:)]

i think the comparison went wrong can't compare most stylish with the most descent one.
Obviously everyone votes for xylo for its looks, if we are specific and mentioning in what areas they match then it can be polled.

It is only " 7/8 seater " is a common thing btw Ertiga & Xylo. I own both the cars & can say each one is designed for a specific type of purposes.

Xylo :

1) Designed for people who wants to upgrade from sedan/Hatch to a SUV at tight budget (Model D2 & D4).
2) Tour operators who also have tight budget & need FE (Model D2 & D4)
3) People who own Scorpio/Safari/Bolero & needed change (Model E4,E6,E8)
4) Generally driven by well built persons or drivers. Clutch & gear are heavy to operate.

Ertiga :

1) Designed for people who wants to upgrade from sedan/Hatch to a SUV(or like) at tight budget (Model LDI/LXI )
2) Designed for people who need a " soft to handle or a car like SUV "
3) Designed for bigger family who need car like vehicle for 7/8 persons & not a SUV.
4) People who need a SUV like car(Innova) but a compact one for city driving & FE.
5) Designed as owner driven car. Generally white Collar people. Clutch/gear are soft to handle.

See my latest post on Ertiga
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/7221-maruti-suzuki-ertiga-zdi-bought-ownership-review-41.html#post181517

Top Bottom