Maruti Ertiga VS Mahindra Xylo

Which is better?

• Total voters
Ertiga is no good 7 seater as well (Please...I have both ertiga and quanto in my home.. The rear most seats are ok for short trips or for small kids...likewise in the quanto).
no good 7 seater?? Bro, its a genuine 7 seater even though not as spacious as a Xylo and I myself and my Mom have sat in the 3rd row for some long trips and it was enough comfortable for sleeping! The Quanto's jump seats with it's jumpy ride are for only kids really!
True, my enjoy can easily smoke out the ertiga in the ghats why? Because all these cars are RWD and i think it is understood the advantages of having an RWD.
Being RWD is not the only requirement for good hill climbing abilities, well, have you tried your Enjoy on hills bro? It may be just enough and feel better than the Ertiga in hills, but still, it can never come even close to the Ertiga in highway performance and refinement because of it's sheer power deficit and lower torque! Its the slowest MPV in India other than the Bolero! Just leave it alone!
Once again you are assuming that I do not agree on the handling department. Please ask your dad what he means by 'parts are weak'.
What is the need for assuming here? He said that and also I have experienced in my trips and said that before too! He exactly said ," Even though the car feels strong, it isn't and the interiors were quite flimsy" also he mentioned the ride was nauseating!

Last edited:
no good 7 seater?? Bro, its a genuine 7 seater even though not as spacious as a Xylo and I myself and my Mom have sat in the 3rd row for some long trips and it was enough comfortable for sleeping! The Quanto's jump seats with it's jumpy ride are for only kids really!
Even I feel Ertiga is not a proper 7 seater.

At best, its a 5 seater + 2 extra seats. Yes, it is definitely better than the Quanto.

Ertiga's winning point is its flexibility. It is compact enough for city drives and can survive an occasional highway duty with 7 people on board.

For a proper utility purpose, I would recommend the bigger cars.

In my opinion Mahindra tends to throw parts together to hope that it will turn into a car.

Maruti is leagues ahead and I cannot ever see it catching up the majority in this country tend to lap up inferior products allowing companies like Mahindra Tatas and fiat even to convince themselves that they are actually building good products
. Is int FE a main factor in India? If you say NO means you are lying.
Tatas think that have been making cars if I remember correctly since 1994 in my opinion they have been making very small trucks. I run a small workshop so I have driven and repaired a wide range of cars. I replaced my polo with an ertiga which I bought without even taking a td and in the 10 months that I have had it and using it for very long trips 1300 kms continuous driving I don't regret the purchase.

The purpose of forum is to debate , discuss, , add and share knowledge and information .

At times we being humans we have specific liking developed for a particular thing and we develop unknowingly a lot of bias , perceptions good / bad for that particular thing.

It is not wrong nor it is correct it is a part of our human nature .

We may have personal reasons too for believing in some perceptions .

For example you must have used a car from a particular brand which must have served you great or bad and hence your perception towards that brand / car is formed , nothing is wrong in having that perception .

Things go wrong and end up in a lot of debates and arguments and even personal attacks when we present our " subjective preferences as objective facts

We all must understand a simple distinction here that .

Subjective information or writing is based on personal opinions, interpretations, points of view, emotions and judgment. It is often considered ill-suited for scenarios like news reporting or decision making . Objective information or analysis is fact-based, measurable and observable

at times we get carried away by posting our subjective preference or thinking or belief as a objective fact .

Being a forum when you post something as a fact it's important to remember that the onus is on us to prove it with proof , data , study or analysis .

For example if someone post this " xylo is a unsafe car " the onus is on him to prove factually how mechanically the car is. Unsafe . Or he must mention " xylo is a unsafe car " in my personal opinion . Because personal opinion can vary and it allways does .

When some one claims that " all know this car looks ugly " actually proves nothing objectively . Because to prove it objectively you must either show us a certificate were you have got rights to speak on everybody's behalf or show a data or analysis on a whole to prove your claim . And at the same time there will be 10 people who will say the car looks sexy which itself will refute your claim .

Statements like " if fuel economy dosent matter to you , you are lying " is a example of posting subjective opinion as a objective fact . Because even if someone cares a lot about fuel economy doesn't mean all care for it and vice a versa .

To avoid arguments and to have the information flow uncluttered understanding this basic will help us all in having a wonderful forum with lot of discussions and debates too .
Some examples .

Objective facts for example - specs and dimensions of the car . Safety ratings , color available , date of launch , availability .

Subjective opinions - it's too small/ big , looks sexy/ dated . Powerful/ sluggish . Declaring unsafe/ safe without substantial data .

More examples

Examples of Objective and Subjective Writing
Here are some examples of objective and subjective statements:

"47% of Americans pay no federal income tax. These people believe they are victims and would never vote for a Republican candidate." In this quote (which paraphrases Mitt Romney), the first statement is objective. It is a measurable fact that 47% of Americans do not pay federal income taxes. However, the second statement is Romney's personal point of view and is entirely subjective.

Apple only allows apps that the company has approved to be installed on iOS devices. The company does not care about openness of their platform. Once again the first statement here is objective, while the second is subjective because fans of the company could argue, as Steve Jobs did, that iOS is indeed an "open" platform.
Objective vs Subjective - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Attachments

Last edited:
Oh my god! It is like talking to a stone wall[frustration]

Hey DJ bro, let's call it a truce ok? As long as you are happy with the ertiga, I am none the wiser.

I will agree that the ertiga's rear-most seats are better than the quanto (which is anyways not the subject of discussion), but calling it as a proper 7 seater is taking things too far.

I can hazard a guess as to why you may have found the rear-most seats ok, but I will refrain from penning it down since I am pretty sure somebody will misconstrue my thoughts.

What is the need for assuming here?
Get your English straight first and then re-read the posts.

He said that and also I have experienced in my trips and said that before too! He exactly said ," Even though the car feels strong, it isn't and the interiors were quite flimsy" also he mentioned the ride was nauseating!
Well your dad sounds like mine as well. Either he had the misfortune of travelling in a ill-maintained vehicle or like my dad, he doesn't have a clue as to how a vehicle really is made or works.
I can make the ertiga feel like having 'weak parts' in a day..
Anyways, I was hoping to stumble on some info and facts, since I do not have the time to scourge the internet or dig out info for everything related to cars.

Peace out.
original.jpg

I am unlikely to buy a tata or Mahindra vehicle driven Sierra and safari a fair amount as well as Scorpios and sat in and repaired some as well I completely stand by my statements they give way too much trouble are crudely built in a lot of cases and you have the right to get offended.

I am unlikely to buy a tata or Mahindra vehicle driven Sierra and safari a fair amount as well as Scorpios and sat in and repaired some as well I completely stand by my statements they give way too much trouble are crudely built in a lot of cases and you have the right to get offended.
+100 . You are free to have your opinion . And iam sure they must have given you a lot of problems . You have all rights to stand by your statements .

And at the same time on this very forum and outside the forum there equal number of people who are extremely happy with mahindra and tata cars .

I am least bothered whether you buy a Tata or M&M! That is your personal choice.

By the way, this post explains why you feel ill about Tata and M&M. The vehicles you have mentioned are Sierra, Safari and Scorpio.

Have you extensively driven the XUV, Storme or Aria? If not, try it. It MAY change your opinion about these desi manufacturers.

If it still does not, I would still suggest that you pen down your thoughts in a more subtle way explaining why you feel these manufacturers dont make good products. Talking in the air about how they make bad products and criticizing them without any experience in their new generation products does not help.

By the way, Fiat makes one of the most sturdy and dynamically accomplished vehicles in the budget segment. I am yet to experience a car which is as sorted as the Linea/Punto. The Multijet engine of Fiat is known as the "national diesel engine" since most small cars use this engine (Maruti, Fiat and Tata).

P.S.: I am not offended mate. I was amused.

Last edited:
Well your dad sounds like mine as well. Either he had the misfortune of travelling in a ill-maintained vehicle or like my dad, he doesn't have a clue as to how a vehicle really is made or works.
I can make the ertiga feel like having 'weak parts' in a day..
Anyways, I was hoping to stumble on some info and facts, since I do not have the time to scourge the internet or dig out info for everything related to cars.
Well, not quite, he is an Engineer and he also knows better about cars! And for your Info, the car he traveled was a private owned car! Its not about "making" cars feel weak! I also have traveled in a brand new Xylo recently registered sometime before!
Just peace out!! [glasses]

As far as fiat is concerned I actually meant fiat India the workers who assemble the car are the same probably as the ones who did the padminis within a few days of buying a new uno the rear brakes jammed as the master cylinder piston was wrongly adjusted. I know their engine is very good as it is the same that powers my ertiga but I think it is safer being assembled at a maruti plant.

As far as fiat is concerned I actually meant fiat India the workers who assemble the car are the same probably as the ones who did the padminis within a few days of buying a new uno the rear brakes jammed as the master cylinder piston was wrongly adjusted. I know their engine is very good as it is the same that powers my ertiga but I think it is safer being assembled at a maruti plant.
For your information there is zero correlation " presently " between fiat & premeir .

Fiat India Automobiles Limited (FIAL) was originally incorporated on 2 January 1997. The company presently employs about 2600 employees and is located at Ranjangaon in the Pune District of Maharashtra. The definitive agreement of the Joint Venture between Fiat S.p.A (Italy) and Tata was signed on 19 October 2007. The board of directors for this company comprises five nominees each from Fiat and Tata
Fiat India Automobiles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today, Premier has two business segments: Engineering and Automotive. The Engineering segment has two activities - CNC Machine Division and Engineering while the Automotive segment consists of Light Utility Vehicles and Sports Utility Vehicles. Originally based in Mumbai, Premier is now located at an ISO 9001 certified plant in Chinchwad, Pune. Spread over 27 acres, this plant now serves as the centralized research, development and manufacturing for all activities.[10]
Premier Automobiles Limited - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Firstly, as Raja mentioned, Fiat and Premier are two different entities now.

Secondly, from your posts, I am assuming that all your experience with these 3 companies have been with their older models.

I personally feel the Scorpio and Safari still are great products but I guess you drove the first gen ones - launched in 2003 and 1998 respectively! That is the reason I said - drive the XUV, Aria and Storme.

Both the quanto and Ertiga has worst last row seats.

Being RWD is not the only requirement for good hill climbing abilities
Then what is? RWD is a boon for every driver driving at hills, because the whole body is pushed where-in you won't have the fear of losing momentum.

well, have you tried your Enjoy on hills bro? It may be just enough and feel better than the Ertiga in hills,
People won't comment just for the sake of it. And to answer you, i felt much better in the Enjoy when driving at hills.

but still, it can never come even close to the Ertiga in highway performance and refinement because of it's sheer power deficit and lower torque!
Agree it can't come close to Ertiga, but are you into motorsports with your Ertiga?Common I already told you these are not made for speeds.

Its the slowest MPV in India other than the Bolero! Just leave it alone!
There is an MPV from Tata called Venture and if you know of it, then this comment wouldn't have come.

He said that and also I have experienced in my trips and said that before too! He exactly said ," Even though the car feels strong, it isn't and the interiors were quite flimsy" also he mentioned the ride was nauseating!
I think this is because of the handling of the vehicle. The interiors used in xylo is quite bland and nauseating for true.

At the end of the day, if i wan't to carry people with comfort i choose the xylo, ertiga is for the one's who needs sedan like comfort along with little utility of carrying 5+ people and the same applies with the Quanto.

Top Bottom