Maruti Authorised Service Dealer Refuse to Replace Part in Warranty

Thread Starter #1
My friend Manjinder went to Maruti authorised service Dealer with a complaint of Horn not working in his Swift LDi.

Vitasse Pvt Limited in VAPI took the car for inspection (10.00 AM) and after 2 hours of waiting could not do anything and told Manjinder that they will return the car by evening 5.00 PM.

When he went to take the car by evening, they found out the problem and replaced the horn relay assembly.

They charged for the parts and labour saying they cannot replace under warranty since Maruti is not compensating them.

Charges including labour was Rs 311 only but the question is how can they charge in the case of a car which is within the warranty period and has run only 22000 km.

While getting the vehicle checked, he informed the SA about the Extended Warranty and SA acknowledged the same. However they charged at the end.

Maybe the SA would have forgotten to give extended warranty's acknowledgement to the bill,should have made a notice to the SA know?

Thread Starter #3
No its not a case of forgetting to enter. Manjinder has informed the SA about the extended warranty and he acknowledged it. Further after the job he initially refused to pay and taken up the matter with the Manager and also written the same in the customer feedback before signing the job completion slip.

Hmmm if he acknowledged it at first place then why did your friend agree to pay the bill?

I would have flatly refused to pay the bill and had a talk with a senior manager.

Well when my DZire went for the service recently, it was under the AMC scheme where some consumable parts were free of cost. So later when we went to take the delivery, they had charged for that particular part in the bill. We didnt noticed that and paid the bill. While our car was in the washing, I just went through the bill to check out why the bill had exceeded so much from the estimated amount. There the guy who made the bill didnt paid attention to the AMC mentioned in the job card. So I informed the SA about this and h cancled the bill and made the refunds of the extra money charged.

I think your friend should have also done the same thing. Now also he can try contacting the SA and explain him about the Extended warranty scheme.

Haha,my Corolla's one horn out of two had gone off and I simply too my car to the service station and asked them to inspect the car.Their guys looked at the car,took out the horn and found that one of the power connecting strips is broken.And replaced it with a new horn but nothing was charged by them(Damn,I haven't got a slapping opportunity)for the job and I returned back happily awarding them best in their feedback form for their service.

Well,dear Autosafari,being true you people haven't took the SA on your hand that day for his mistake,or the manager.Sometimes the anger works too.although the amount you mentioned is not meant to be fought for,but the service is.
So,what was the result of the complain you did?If any.

Is electrical parts covered under warranty?:confused:
Atleast for my bike, it was clearly written on the Warranty book that electricals are not covered under warranty.

Thread Starter #8
Hmmm if he acknowledged it at first place then why did your friend agree to pay the bill?

I would have flatly refused to pay the bill and had a talk with a senior manager.
He refused to pay and took up the matter with the Senior Manager there. However they insisted on payment for delivering the car.

Well when my DZire went for the service recently, it was under the AMC scheme where some consumable parts were free of cost. So later when we went to take the delivery, they had charged for that particular part in the bill. We didnt noticed that and paid the bill. While our car was in the washing, I just went through the bill to check out why the bill had exceeded so much from the estimated amount. There the guy who made the bill didnt paid attention to the AMC mentioned in the job card. So I informed the SA about this and h cancled the bill and made the refunds of the extra money charged.

I think your friend should have also done the same thing. Now also he can try contacting the SA and explain him about the Extended warranty scheme.
Manjinder explained to the SA as well as the service center Manager but no use.

Haha,my Corolla's one horn out of two had gone off and I simply too my car to the service station and asked them to inspect the car.Their guys looked at the car,took out the horn and found that one of the power connecting strips is broken.And replaced it with a new horn but nothing was charged by them(Damn,I haven't got a slapping opportunity)for the job and I returned back happily awarding them best in their feedback form for their service.

Well,dear Autosafari,being true you people haven't took the SA on your hand that day for his mistake,or the manager.Sometimes the anger works too.although the amount you mentioned is not meant to be fought for,but the service is.
So,what was the result of the complain you did?If any.
Well!!! we did not have a certain person TSIVipul with us at that time.

Is electrical parts covered under warranty?:confused:
Atleast for my bike, it was clearly written on the Warranty book that electricals are not covered under warranty.
Its clearly written in the warranty card that Horn and relays are covered.

Well then this is real bad! Has your friend sent a mail to the customer care? Don't leave this matter , even though its just 300bucks they don't have the rights to charge you un-necessarily!

Well!!! we did not have a certain person TSIVipul with us at that time.

Haha,a TSIVipul a day keeps such problems away,although he tries his best to get trapped in some other problem!![embarass]
Well,I don't now about Daman,but if you come here in our area especially three districts called Meerut,Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur(Full of a fighting and quarreling species(I said species because they are not men,they are warriors) of people called JAATS[evil],I too belong to the same).Here such incidents are quite common and hence no dealership guys ever force or try to force anything on customer,everything is done according to the rule and only correct bills are charged.

Well then this is real bad! Has your friend sent a mail to the customer care? Don't leave this matter , even though its just 300bucks they don't have the rights to charge you un-necessarily!
+1 to Dhaya. You should mail customer care. Today its 300 bucks. Tomorrow, they'll do the same practice for higher amount also.[angry]

Thread Starter #12
Manjinder has already send an e mail to customer care at Maruti.
waiting for the reply

Meantime he also called the Customer care and got an assurance that they will look into this.

Thread Starter #13
Haha,a TSIVipul a day keeps such problems away,although he tries his best to get trapped in some other problem!![embarass]
Well,I don't now about Daman,but if you come here in our area especially three districts called Meerut,Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur(Full of a fighting and quarreling species(I said species because they are not men,they are warriors) of people called JAATS[evil],I too belong to the same).Here such incidents are quite common and hence no dealership guys ever force or try to force anything on customer,everything is done according to the rule and only correct bills are charged.
OT - sad that we will be missing you for one or two months. Hope you will find some time to relax with TAI postings in between your money making schedule.

And offcourse your slap postings are a hit irrespective of what people say and I am sure they are enjoying it.

OT:-
OT - sad that we will be missing you for one or two months. Hope you will find some time to relax with TAI postings in between your money making schedule.
I'll keep on logging in as I get free time,its not that I'll never login but will seldom do it.
About money making etc etc...I follow my father's orders and this is also one.

And offcourse your slap postings are a hit irrespective of what people say and I am sure they are enjoying it.
I know that,what is better than the soothing voice of 'CHATT' and red cheek which looks like a sweet tomato...and hence every person loves slapping somewhere in his/her heart!![evil]

Thread Starter #15
Maruti replied that their RSM will do an investigation.

Manager at the Authorised Service dealer was behaving rude way.

Finally after some follow up, Maruti has taken the dealer to task and the dealer has returned the amount charged earlier.

Last edited:

Top Bottom