Maruti Alto LXi : LXi's Ownership Review!

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
Hi TAIndians!
This is the ownership report of my baby, Maruti Alto lxi which is with me since 3 years. Sorry for the delay but earlier was not known to this forum :stupid:. Mine is a silky silver LXi!
Here are the details, Lets GO!
Exterior :- It does not look overall a stunning car but then also, we can call it cute! The headlamps are not that great but atleast better than the Lx version(type-I). The side profile is just plain, with those 2-3 straight lines running from headlamps and taillamps. The rear is cute with those round-round taillamps and the large rear glass (rear windsheild i think, i am not getting the correct word).
Interiors:- Just plain with grey all around and some dark black near the AC vents and Speedo. The steering wheel is also just 2 spoke with no S(suzuki) badge on it. The meter console houses a large speedo, temp. gauge, and fuel gauge.
performance:- Actually, you can't expect much from a tiny 800cc MPFi engine. But on city conditions, with bumper to buper traffic, its peppy engine is not a pain to drive. The performance further decreases with the AC on. The AC switch sometimes acts as a nitro on overtakes, example, when overtaking with AC on(read nitro off), turn the AC off(just push the AC button, read nitro on) and you have power coming to your right leg.
Mileage- the car has done 25k till now and the numbers in city are 14-16kmpl and in highways it tops till 20kmpl[thumbsup].

PROS-
1. better than M800.
2. braking (you just have to feel the brakes and the car comes to a halt)
3. peppy driving in city
4. great A.S.S. and wide maruit dealer network in India.
5. good mileage (never came below 14 in my case)
6. AC is a great chiller!

CONS-
1. Small engine, so cant expect much nimbers in the speedo.
2. very small stance (have to wait often for people to pass on the roads as they are not afraid!)
3. AC on = Performance OFF

Sorry for the boring post! But i don't have my camera at the moment , if i had, i would have flooded this forum with pictures of my car![lol]. If you have any qoustions, please be free to ask.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Well finally the report is up but any report without pictures is incomplete bro. How is the maintenance of your car and what about your experiences with the A.S.S?

Good review Lxi. Can be a quick reference to someone who wants to buy a Maruti Alto. A 3 year ownership report would be good at hand for making a decision on buying it.

Request if you could post some pics later.

Thread Starter #4

lxi.

Suspended
The maintainance of the car-
till now, I have done 4 services(3 free+1 paid). The free services never costed above rs.1000.(without insurance), the paid one costed something about Rs.6000 including insurance. As per the issues, i have not faced any major ones yet. fingers crossed, i have faced just one tyre puncture( I am running on stock tube tyre). I never had any issues with dealers service. Actually its good.

thanks voyagerdarsh, but regarging the pics, i have been given a big NO by the parents as tthey say that it would be public which they never felt good[frustration]. :sorry:

Here's some more details about the car-
The car was bought at 2,85,000 on road.
There were seat covers , third stop lamp(rear),mudflaps and floor mats free from the dealer, so the crap seat covers were put on my car :(.
The accessories I installed on my car with the approx prices i remember are -
Sony Xplod GTX270s (MP3,AUX,Remote commander) HU
Pioneer tweeters and rear 2 speakers (the total cost for this much ICE was RS.8000-9000)
And the interiors were given a Lord Ganesha Idol(Rs.150-200), Steering wheel cover(velvet, Rs200), LHS orvm(just for the sake of the looks, Rs. 150), Parcel Tray (Rs.?),
And on the exteriors,
Side beading(Rs400)
Bumper beading (with chrome, Rs400)
Door visors (Dark black[evil], Rs. 400)
And two stickers,autographix (Rs.600)

And once my car was totally debadged by an indica (we braked and he went inside us!), the rear hatch door was debadged, looked cool, but the person who did the denting and painting again smashed them back to the cars bottoms.

Things planned-
Alloy wheels (12", have also selected the design)
Spoiler(with brake LED)
Fog Lamps( the person qouted Rs.500 for yellow and Rs.700 for the bluish white)
Bumper painting(silver)
Door handles( silver colour)
Taping on the B pillar
Subwoofer/ Bass tube
No tints/ sunfilms

thats all. Keep the suggestions pouring in guys!
Cheers.

Well if you are concerned about privacy just hide the number of your car , please post some pics buddy.

Nice to hear you car has served you well , sorry to hear about the accident , it's getting unavoidable these days!

Nice review.. keep updating us..
Regarding the pic's you can just blur the number plates and post them, its secure.

It's tempting us (stickers) to see you car, so post the pics....

Thread Starter #7

lxi.

Suspended
sorry buddies thats not possible now. if my bro will see any pics (here or while searching on google), he will know and parents will not allow me. :sorry:

Thread Starter #8

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy if you want to see the stickers, here are they, these images are of my car, posting these images to give you an idea of the sticker design.
One is the lion popping out of the bonnet and one is A board indicating Keep Distance on the rear at the right side near the alto. These are on my car.

Also, cooldhaya, where is the thread for the auxiliary lights, there are 2-3 threads on this forum. Please give the link.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9

lxi.

Suspended
Are the auxiliary lights ok for the alto. I mean, i dont want to be caught by police and pay fines every now and then. please help? If possible, give all details of auxiliary lights and can these lights be fitted on alto?

Hi lxi,

Good detailed review explaining well about the car. One thing which surprised me was that AC is not a chiller! Dude, have to say Alto has best in class AC when it comes to chilling. It cools down the cabin within no time even on a hot day. Try to get the AC clean up done and then observe. Happy motoring [drive]

Thread Starter #12

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, earlier it was a great chiller, there was no need even in hot summers to move blower to speed 3. But its almost one year and the car is waiting for service, so will see after that.
Cheeers

Thread Starter #13

lxi.

Suspended
Buddy, i am talking about these ones-
car-lamp-Car-roof-lamp-Car-roof-light.jpg

are these roof lights of the auxiliary lights?
CAn these be fitted on Alto?
What would be the cost(in Rs.)?

Last edited:
Nice review lxi. Also you have a good list for mods lined up. Do post your pictures by masking the number plate. It will do justice to your well written review.

Thread Starter #15

lxi.

Suspended
UPDATE : The car was filled with 7.77(not the exact figures, i think 7.57)litres of fuel(normal) worth rupees 500 when the tank was half (with 25647km on the odo), now the car is back to half tank with the odo reading 25775kms (128kms, out of this, the car was kept at a speed of below 5kmph almost 10kms), MEANS THE MILEAGE IS 16.18KMPL[clap]. Love[drive]ing this baby. The drive was totally in city traffic with the AC off 100% of the time. I am now very happy with the figures.

Actually, don't you think that it is a nice way of finding out the mileage. [:D]

Top Bottom