Maruti Alto LXi : LXi's Ownership Review!

Well i think this method won't give you the exact figure. Tankfull to tankfull is always the best method to calculate FE.

Thread Starter #17

lxi.

Suspended
But, when the tank is full and the tank goes empty and i check the mileage, the tank should be empty as you said. So, will i push my car to the next petrol pump [:)].

UPDATE : The car was filled with 7.77(not the exact figures, i think 7.57)litres of fuel(normal) worth rupees 500 when the tank was half (with 25647km on the odo), now the car is back to half tank with the odo reading 25775kms (128kms, out of this, the car was kept at a speed of below 5kmph almost 10kms), MEANS THE MILEAGE IS 16.18KMPL[clap]. Love[drive]ing this baby. The drive was totally in city traffic with the AC off 100% of the time. I am now very happy with the figures.

Actually, don't you think that it is a nice way of finding out the mileage. [:D]
lxi, get used to these figures. I get figures of 17-18kmpl here in Jharkhand where the roads are almost in-existent.

Thread Starter #19

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, akash, But earlier the car didnt gave these figures on the same route i travelled here. its surprising.

Thread Starter #20

lxi.

Suspended
Here's one questoin for gurus-

Who's driving style is better,mine or dad's?
Do i need to change my driving style for better mileage?

MY DRIVING STYLE-(ex-1 to 2 gear>10kmph means that i top in the first gear till 10 kmph and then shift to second gear)

Gear1 to Gear2 > 5-10kmph (i shift at 5kmph until i am in a hurry)
Gear2 to Gear3 > 20-25kmph.
Gear3 to Gear 4 > 40kmph.
Gear4 to Gear 5 > 55kmph.

I never race the engine to much till the car starts crying.

MY DAD'S DRIVING STYLE-

Gear1 to Gear2 > 10-15kmph.
Gear2 to Gear3 > 20kmph.
Gear3 to Gear4 > 50-55kmph.
Gear4 to Gear5 > 70-80kmph.

He races the engine to high rpms.

Which is better?
Should i change my driving style?
I have done the car till 110-120kmph (which was quite scary as the car was rushing like hell and i didn't even look at the speedo, my dad told that we we were going on 120kmph
) , i did it while the car was silent didn't race the engine too much kept the rpms low and the car gained speed on the long stretch.

Alto Lxi was my first car. I always enjoyed the drive.

I agree with your pros and cons (except AC is not chiller). Its fair for this segment. AC compressor noise is noticeable.

Thread Starter #22

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, buddy, its a compact car(actually very much compact) car. Yes, i agree that A/c is a chiller but my car is due for a service and it has been a year(almost) since the last service. I think i have to get the AC cleaned up during service. Will keep you updated after that.

Cheers

Thread Starter #26

lxi.

Suspended
I am planning to give my car for service at M.A.S.S., will these people do balancing and alignment also?

And, please shed some light on the topic (alignment and balancing) for me. :stupid:!

Thread Starter #28

lxi.

Suspended
Sure buddy!

Car got hurt :(.
The road had space for two cars and a rickshaw!
Unfortunately, there was a swift on the extreme left of the road, i was driving in the centre of the road but there was very less gap for even a rickshaw to pass from there. I stopped and the mad guy came swooshing from behind and his rickshaw got stuck between my car's bumper beading and the swift's wheel well, he pushed it hard, i honked to say that "stop, i am taking reverse(back) my car. But his hardwork gave fruits to him, he ran away and gave a scratch to the swift's bumper (white) and my car''s beading came out , its just half stuck on the car.

Now the jugaad, i have put double sided tape (yellowish one used to stick dash idols) but then also it is coming out on bumps. What to do?

My mileage is around 18-19 with 70% highway driving with 90-100kmph in traffic. Hehe. A bit scary to take this rocket above 100 [:)].

Service not done yet. planning for next weekend.

Anyways , a cherry on the cake (after the crash), i came to know that the tool box is now having just one thing to open the wheels. The local person (tyre puncture walla) said that there should be a thing for raising the jack also. I had checked before the second service, but after that it was not there. Guess that maruti guys have done soe mischief here. Any alto guys can confirm the things in the tool kit? Please?

And, what would be cost of the kit from MGA?

But, when the tank is full and the tank goes empty and i check the mileage, the tank should be empty as you said. So, will i push my car to the next petrol pump [:)].
You misunderstood!

The tankful method is where you fill up the tank. Set the odo to zero, Drive some 100Kms, then again refill to full. Check how many Kms you have done and see how much fuel the car has consumed. Divide the Kms run by the litres of fuel filled, You'll get your fuel economy figure.[:)]

P.S: Always do the filling from the same fuel station and dispenser and do at the same time you did the other day. This is to get better accuracy.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30

lxi.

Suspended
OK jalex! Now i understood.

first i thought that you have to drive till the petrol gets over (finished) and then note the kms and the litres of fuel :stupid:

Anyways, can you help me with some accessories for my alto.
Some low price accessories for making it look sporty without spending much.
I have decided on alloys, interior lighting(underdash blue/white), new k10 type orvms, a 1000/1100 watt subwoofer, 2 channel amplifier and fog lamps (bluish white).

Any more things to make it a more sporty thing than a small cute hatch?
And no performance or interior mods, i am not interested in them.

Top Bottom