Maruti Alto Engine Pulley Issue

Thread Starter #1
Car : 2003 Alto Lxi petrol.
I was driving and mid way the horns started failing. I had to make a stop for an errand and I couldn't restart. Battery had died but the car was not sitting idle. Pushed start and Once I reached home changed the battery (over 5 years old) and within 79 kilometres, the new battery drained. Issue was with alternator. The service station told me that alternator regulator and alternator belt had to be removed and starter motor brush cleaned. Once I got back the car, the engine made a rumbling noise whenever the car vibrates during half clutch. Also when I start, for a second it can be heard. Basically like whenever the car vibrates. During uphill if I incorrectly use a higher gear,same sound occurs. Another issue was that, the vehicle vibrates when engine idle and I put the lights on high beam. The car also shudders if i turn the a/c on while running and on lower gears. The service station tells me this is because of loose engine pulley? Is this possible? Is it possible they messed up vehicle during the initial repair?

For servicing alternator there is no need to remove crank shaft pulley. The main culprit is the poor service of alternator by mechanics. I suggest install good working alternator from the same model car(if available), if problem solved just replace alternator with new one.

Top Bottom