Maruti Alto 0.8 2005 Service Thread

Dear All,
I own alto 2003 LXI model. currently 93000Km in Odo. Currently, the vehicle's engine sound and vibrations are felt on the higher side. Also while checking the few last service bills i found that the oil used is 5w30. which is not the recommended (may be OK) one. As per manufacturer docs. it is
20W40, 20W50 (refer to attachment). Will synthetic oils provide smoother performance? I request my fellow mates to kindly give advice on which engine oil to use and best brand for alto.
thank you.

Attachments

I own alto 2003 LXI model. currently 93000Km in Odo. Also while checking the few last service bills i found that the oil used is 5w30. which is not the recommended (may be OK) one. As per manufacturer docs. it is
20W40, 20W50
Issue that all ASC's will not be able to stock "all" the 'recommended' grades hence the most used engine oil is ordered in bulk and filled in all the cars that come in for service. Current generation K-Series engines require 0W16 grade.

I think the older engines will be best functioning with the 20W40 or 20W50 grade as compared to the newer generation 5W30 oils. Would be better to switch to any 20W40 grade oil whenever possible.

Has the FE dropped after the switch to 5W30?

Issue that all ASC's will not be able to stock "all" the 'recommended' grades hence the most used engine oil is ordered in bulk and filled in all the cars that come in for service.

I think the older engines will be best functioning with the 20W40 or 20W50 grade as compared to the newer generation 5W30 oils. Would be better to switch to any 20W40 grade oil whenever possible.

Has the FE dropped after the switch to 5W30?
Thanks for the reply @anuraagshenoy,
Fuel efficiency not much change in particular. Engine note is definitely getting coarser.
Is the wrong grade engine oil making issues ?
I am going to try out on oil this time. Will synthetic oils for old car like alto 2003 makes any improvement? Which is the best brand of oil to start with?
Thanks

Could be possible.

Stick to mineral oils as recommended in the owner's manual. I guess 20W40 is the best grade you can do with IMHO.

Anything from Shell or Mobil or even Maruti's own MGO - Check this link.
Dear all,
update
I changed the oil from 5w30 to 20w40 Shell helix MGO and noticed better smoothness in driving and NVH has reduced.

thanks
altoster

Top Bottom