Maruti A-Star a.k.a Alto Facelift Spyshots

Thread Starter #1

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Now time for some rendering's, this time it has been rendered by two of our indian auto website's.
Both IAB & ICB have done a speculative rendering of the car. If one thing Maruti desperately need's to revive the fortunes of Astar is to get this model to our shore's as quickly as possible.

Any Thought's?

Attachments

Its not just the appearance which is the reason for low sales of A-Star, but its the cabin space at the rear which is the spoil sport.

Thread Starter #4
Its not just the appearance which is the reason for low sales of A-Star, but its the cabin space at the rear which is the spoil sport.
You are partly right cabin space is too tight in this car but i dont think that is the main reason for this model to flop. If cabin space is the only reason then alto should not be generating such sales number in our market.

You are partly right cabin space is too tight in this car but i dont think that is the main reason for this model to flop. If cabin space is the only reason then alto should not be generating such sales number in our market.
True, however, i find the rear space (headroom as well as legroom) of Astar more cramped than the Alto.

even I feel that its design and rear space has killed the sales of the car. It would be a better product if offered as a two-seater. [thinking]

Thread Starter #7
The Cat is out of the bag, The facelifted Alto(A star) has been spied without any camouflage and its not a bad effort at all, If Maruti wants to increase A star's sales number, all they have to do is get this model to India.

Attachments

Looks like the new i20 fell face down from the top of a 20 storey building and BLAT!! The A-Star facelift was born !

Really horrible.[frustration] I always liked the original models and not face lifted marutis. Just recall what Maruthi engineers done to original maruti zen! They introduced retro look zen classic ( which was looking like a pig) and after wards changed the front end and shifted the number plate on to the boot and completely spoiled the original zen look which had jelly- bean design theme. Next their so called "creativity" spoiled the looks of Wagon-R, Dezire,Estilo,Swift etc. I strongly believe that present swift lacks sportiness and awkward comparing to its previous design especially at the back.

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
I agree with you that Maruti always messed up when it came to facelifting their product's, but our A Star can surely get some inspiration from his Chinese cousin.

Maruti astar 2013 revealed .

Suzuki Alto (Maruti Suzuki AStar) Facelift launched in China | Motoroids

We reported in detail when spy pics of China bound facelifted A Star surfaced on the web world. The car has been launched in the Chinese car market and we can now have proper look at what the updated car looks like. It may be noted that the Maruti Suzuki A-Star is actually the latest generation of Suzuki Alto hatchback. The last generation of Alto, which has been on sale in India since a decade now, has been doing a lot of good to MSIL and hence, the popular car maker decided against replacing it with the latest generation.

The refreshed A-Star gets a revised front fascia with a new set of headlamps, fog lamps, grille and the front bumper. We have always felt that the A Star looks quite girly and the good people at Suzuki have done a good job with making the front end smarter and more matured. At the rear, the car gets a revised bumper and a new design motif and LED treatment for the tail lamps. The end result is that the rear now looks far sportier and more upmarket.

Power option remains to be the same 1 Litre, three pot K-Series motor but in a different state of tune. The motor here produces 71 Bhp, good 3 horses more than our version and also offers slightly better low end grunt.

We feel that a price cut and a facelift might work wonders for the AStar in our market. What do you say? *

The Cat is out of the bag, The facelifted Alto(A star) has been spied without any camouflage and its not a bad effort at all, If Maruti wants to increase A star's sales number, all they have to do is get this model to India.
i feel the front grills looks like Mitsubishi outlander.

11_outlander_sport.jpg

image from google

Thread Starter #14
According to some of the known auto journalists this model would make it's indian debut this year.

Top Bottom