Maruti 800: Technical Issues & Solutions

fan

Hi everybody, new to this post.

I have a Maruti 800, 1997 (non-AC), 2 owners passed, vehicle is in good condition, i purchased it in 2006 and did some minor works, otherwise the vehicle is in perfect condition. Recently changed the tyres and rim, (all round--Michelin tyre--tubeless, filled with nitro) it is the best I have seen with the road grip. Due to this hot weather, I had installed a fan in the car because I sweat a lot, but unfortunately it gave away, I am wondering is there anything else (good fan--heavy duty), which I can rely on. Please suggest if u know of any.[:)]

Re: Maruti 800: problems & maintances

can anyone tell me how to change the cable,

I try to google duo pont paint but there is nothing like that I got a dupont paint but there I am unable to find the color shades,

and can anyone tell me some cheap modification which I can do

Replace the speedo meter cable..

Check with duo pont paint you will get all shades from Maruti.

You can use zip tags to tie them, Please post a pic so that we can guide you..

Also post the pic of the bumper where its not fitting properly..

Sorry I have no idea in insurance..

Modifying - Just a set of alloy wheels, K & n air filter.. ice etc..

Re: Maruti 800: Technical Issues and Solutions

Help needed regarding our Maruti 800 1997 carb. which has done 2,40,000 kms till date.
The car is still being driven regularly, of late noticed certain problem.

1. Brakes are hard and ineffective. Brake pedal is hard and moves a bit even when pressed with force. On sudden hard braking, car comes to stops slowly, travelling fair amount of distance & without wheels locking.
2. The car feels jerky on lifting accelerator pedal while driving, there occurs sudden acceleration and deceleration on movement of accelerator.
Hope to find help regarding above mentioned problems here at TAI.

Thanks for reply varun..
Brake Booster thing would have been nice. but car is old enough and would be sold off soon so Thinking of only cleaning or replacing pads.
Carb. cleaning was done recently, would it be really necessary.

One of my relative's maruti 800 has a peculiar problem. The fuel level indicator is erratic. It shows any level of its choice, irrespective of the level in tank. He got level float replaced. But of no use. I feel its some electrical problem, but don't know where to strike to. Need your help in troubleshooting the problem.

All the wiring will be placed under the rear seat, check if its getting grounded any where..also check the relay.
Is it a MPFI / Carb 800 ?

Maruti 800 - Coolant Leaking

Hi Team -

My Maruti 800 coolant leaking when checked with mechanic on his visual inspection he mentioned that water pump might be broken and he told me that it might be around 2000 to replace it and other minor parts since he is replacing the water pump.

Just checking if the price is reasonable enough.

Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1997 Maruti 800

Starting problem Maruti 800

My Maruti 800, Carb 1996, engine overhauled two years back.

I can start the engine in the morning and in a traffic when the engine is hot.

But it is very difficult to start the engine after 10-15 minutes after few miles run.

But if I let the engine cool for 1 hours I can start the engine.

What can be the possible reasons?[confused]

is there anyone to solve this threadssssssssssss.
I don't know they the hell you have merged all Maruti 800 threads under one head when there is no one to manage it(everyone questions only to ANSWER for them), So, i request 350Z to close it or have a solution/reply for each post..

Trying to solve the problems posted here one by one.

@loboprashanth:I would suggest you to check your engine mounts and cross members.The axels are built good and all one needs to do is keep an eve on the rubber boots.Changing them when they are broken and greasing the axels well will prevent any problems with axels.The boots prevent dirst and mud from getting into the axels.They are an inexpensive repair to changing the entire axel.Stich in time saves nine.The bigger the car the more expensive its axels are.So get replacement genuine rubber axel boots and change when needed.

@mahilaljayanath The problem you have is due the the rpm not being visible.An rpm meter can help.You can fix one from the 3cylinder A-star model.It takes time to find the best air-fuel mixture at the best rpm.Tuning by engine sound is an art and it can't be done fast.
For the engine not starting when hot.Check the temperature gauge.Your engine might be overheating.Have you checked the coolant level, engine oil level?If not check them.Since you overhauled your engine two years back it must've been cleaned from the in side.Check the oil level and get the oil change if the oil is a dark color.Also change your filters(oil/fuel/air) when you get the oil changed.If you are facing engine problems when the engine gets hot do the following:
I would suggest you to get your radiator flushed and add new coolant.Refer to the coolant manufacturers instructions for use in hot climates.In hotter places the diluted mixture must contain over 40% coolant.More coolant less water.Replace all the rubber hoses and metal pipes that are present in the cooling system.Also replace the radiator cap if its the old one and check the thermostat.Check the water pump for leakages and also the waterpump belt.Keep your eye on the engine temp gauge after you have done all of this.See if you face the same problem.
If its not an overheating problem:I think your battery is weak.When you start your engine the battery is drained because a lot of its capacity is used when starting.It takes certain rpm for the alternator to start charging the battery.Hence the problem starting the car.Get your battery charged/replaced would be a solution in this case.
I would further suggest you post a detailed explanation of your problem so we can help you better.

@vaibhav:For low km travel, the fuel efficiency is always low.The fuel efficiency is an issue if you are driving long distances and still getting low fuel mileage.Get your car tuneup done,since yours in a fuel injected car get the injectors cleaned.Replace all your filters(oil/fuel/air)during the next oil change.The brown color means you car engine is performing correctly.

@harish_gkumar:Refer to the door sil of your car.The sticker there says it all.

@amitkumar:That is a definite alignment issue.If the problem cannot be solved with wheel balancing and alignment then you might have to get the suspension work done.This is a costly repair.Easily 8k including labour.

@abhisek9089:There are a lot of mods that can be done.Depends on your taste and the budget you have in mind.The paint is Dupont. You can find a shade card at a Dupont dealer in your are.Try automotive paint shops.

@guruindian24:The waterpump itself isnt too expensive around Rs600.It is a labour intensive job.if the leakage is on the left side of your car its a waterpump problem if its on the radiator side its a hose leak.Inspect the car from the bottom while its on a ramp to better judge the issue.

Last edited:
Re: fan

Hi everybody, new to this post.

I have a Maruti 800, 1997 (non-AC), 2 owners passed, vehicle is in good condition, i purchased it in 2006 and did some minor works, otherwise the vehicle is in perfect condition. Recently changed the tyres and rim, (all round--Michelin tyre--tubeless, filled with nitro) it is the best I have seen with the road grip. Due to this hot weather, I had installed a fan in the car because I sweat a lot, but unfortunately it gave away, I am wondering is there anything else (good fan--heavy duty), which I can rely on. Please suggest if u know of any.[:)]
Well Varun is working on a DIY (which will be copied by me to0 [evil]) to solve this fan issue. I would request varun to put his new idea here. You will surely love it.

Top Bottom