Maruti 800: Technical Issues & Solutions

Re: Maruti 800: Technical Issues and Solutions

You can go for a universal power windows, this needs no cutting or do any type of metal alterations
to fix this.. It will cost you 4000 rs for 2 windows..

Maruti 800, Fuel-air ratio screw

My Maruti 800 1996 carb model.[frustration]

Recently my technician cleaned the carburator and tried to tune-up the engine.

Spark plugs cleaned, fuel filter & air filter replaced, CB point gap set to 0.4mm and the Ignition timing set to 7 deg as per specification.

While adjusting the fuel-air ratio screw, the change of RPM could not be noticed so to get to the maximum RPM, he took a lot of time.

What can be the reason?[frustration]

Maruti 800: problems & maintances

Hello Friends, I have one Maruti 800 5 Speed Car for 2000 Model, the are few problems i have having with it,

1.the speed meter stick moved rapidly everytime I ride the car.

2. the back bumper always get lose when ever I place a screw there it get open while driving it.

3.the car is of cherry color but I am not able to find the correct shade in the com-paint website can anyone say where to find the correct color shade.
4. i want to manage the car wires under the streeing wheel of the car as it is much messy place can anyone tell me how to do it.

5. recently my car frist party insurace have been expired and the company is not renewing it as there is a gap of 25days they are saying i can have the third party but i cannot get first party insurance, what should I do in this.

and give me some tip to modify and maintain the ride well[lol]

Threads Merged: Please perform a thorough Forum Search before starting a new Thread

You can go for a universal power windows, this needs no cutting or do any type of metal alterations
to fix this.. It will cost you 4000 rs for 2 windows..
For rear power windows alone, I was charged 7k for MINDA brand. I guess they have charged me more...[cry]

The Universal power window module doesn't require any modification as other branded ones require more mod's like the entire roller module is to removed.. So these are bit costly..

Here the advantage of the Universal power windows are, even if it stops working just fix back the roller handle you are done.

In case of branded ones, need to either repair the module or replace it..

Last edited:
Re: Maruti 800: problems & maintances

Hello Friends, I have one Maruti 800 5 Speed Car for 2000 Model, the are few problems i have having with it,

1.the speed meter stick moved rapidly everytime I ride the car.

2. the back bumper always get lose when ever I place a screw there it get open while driving it.

3.the car is of cherry color but I am not able to find the correct shade in the com-paint website can anyone say where to find the correct color shade.
4. i want to manage the car wires under the streeing wheel of the car as it is much messy place can anyone tell me how to do it.

5. recently my car frist party insurace have been expired and the company is not renewing it as there is a gap of 25days they are saying i can have the third party but i cannot get first party insurance, what should I do in this.

and give me some tip to modify and maintain the ride well[lol]
Replace the speedo meter cable..

Check with duo pont paint you will get all shades from Maruti.

You can use zip tags to tie them, Please post a pic so that we can guide you..

Also post the pic of the bumper where its not fitting properly..

Sorry I have no idea in insurance..

Modifying - Just a set of alloy wheels, K & n air filter.. ice etc..

Thread Starter #26

Today, while driving a very strange thing happened.

While I was driving a Scorpio in front of me jammed his brakes, so even I instantly jammed mine to stop the car. After that it felt like my axle had come loose. The car started giving me the same noise like the noise I heard when my front axle needed to be changed. The rattle that comes from under the driver's seat. I kept noticing that the rattle kept getting louder and I was getting worried while driving because I had only recently got the axles changed from Solar Automobiles.

As i was driving, a two wheeler suddenly crossed in front of me at a junction so i braked a little hard and to my surprise there was no longer a rattle. So what caused this rattle? It certainly felt like the axle. I want to know what could have happened.

Inspect your car's front cross member, mine too was rattling and found that it was cut (it will be welded to the chassis). It will be due to rust..

Next thing is as you said its the axle / lower arm..

Hi
I have a 5 yr old maruti 800.
I am getting mileage of only 10 Km/Lt in the city with A/C [cry]

My normal 1 time travel is of around 2-3km.

What to do increase mileage?
I went to mechanic who checked spark plugs which were brown and he said mielage cant increase

Maruti 800 Steering Wobbling

Dear all,
Please help me by some quick reply
I was willing to buy a Maruti 800.
I test drove a Maruti 800 and found that its steering is wobbling after speed of 30 kmph. If I leave the steering while driving the car goes towards the left side.

Can this problem be solved by alignment
What will be the cost for m800 alignment ??

Please reply

Top Bottom