Maruti 800: Technical Issues & Solutions

My Maruti 800 2005 AC model developed over heating issues when stick in bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore .I opened the bonnet to find the coolant boiling out of the reservoir .
Checked the fan and it seemed to be stuck and not turning .I pushed it forcibly with a stick and it started working .
Suspected a fan motor damage and took to nearest maruti suzuki service and it was confirmed as a bad fan motor.
Got the part replaced with new MGP for Rs 1800 plus labour charges and new coolant .Now the car drives cool as a cucumber

Hi
This is Srikanth from Visakhapatnam. Own a Maruti Suzuki 800 AC BS3 MPFI 2006 model.
I was getting the MIL. My mechanic tried resetting the ECM by disconnecting the battery few times but after few days it pops up again.
Then i purchased CarPm OBD2 scanner. In the report the device generated I got the error code as P0500 - Vehicle speed sensor is not working properly.
I need your help in fixing this issue.

Attached the report generated

Hi,

Anyone help please. I am getting very low mileage of 10kmpl in city and 13 in highways

Thanks

I had problem in my car that the front tyre rim getting heated and smoke coming out of it after half an hour of ride. So I gave it to garrage and changed the Brake cylinder and today it again the front tyre rim got heated .... when i checked the cylinder the oil was full above the max line.. what is the problem now

deville_56

Honoured Member
I had problem in my car that the front tyre rim getting heated and smoke coming out of it after half an hour of ride. So I gave it to garrage and changed the Brake cylinder and today it again the front tyre rim got heated .... when i checked the cylinder the oil was full above the max line.. what is the problem now
Check for blockage in lines and debris inside the caliper.

Well, better to have dent free and painting but Rs 10,000 seems to be high. Though my car is in good conditio, i did inquire about full body painting to know the rate, He quoted Rs 25000 to Rs 28000 for the full body and by removing all the parts and refitting. and he said it would take 3-4 weeks time. No need for me at present, because i do waxpol cleaning before monsoon and after monsoon. and also did some rust spot removed myself and did minor painting myself, that was somewhere in nov 2017 i think and i did share the details in the group that time.

I did many tasks in 2017, 2018 and 2019 spent almost Rs/50000 plus to make it more fit and regained the better milleage of 18 plus., Carbureto overhaual, AC to put back in use ( but I stopped after 6 months because the M49 gas did not hold for long timein place of that R12, Then chnaged all 4 tryes by tubeless, complete over haul of GEAR BOX, Dynomo o/h and replaced the regulator, changed speedometer cable and also hand brake cable.Changed the shell 20w50 oil by MOTUL - Mineral oil now available in India in Dec 2019 and changed again oil filter, air filter, all the spark plus from champion to Denso.Oh changed both rear Shock and springs, Engin oil chnaged afte about 3000 kms. Though I got the underbody antirusting done in May 2017, I i posted in the group that time with full details and photos did at Bosch service centre here. In january 2020 ( after about 3000 kms and 2 1/2 yrs, I again did the underbody coaing since left over paint of TUFKOTE was about to dry up, Replaced the rear bumper too.My car is in very good condition.
Just came to know about this thread. Shall I ask you, how you got speedometer cable for Maruti 800 DX, 5 speed? I tried several times from bodomo, industrybuying, all time got wrong one I.e. of 800 std. Even the latest order is getting delayed by a month. MASS also unable to get here in Raj.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need advice Friends
I have Maruti 800- (2002) model, belongs to my father thats why not going to sell it due to issues I am facing. Recently I am facing an issue like whenever I start the car the engine sounds bhak..bhak..bhak . Also when I put it in gear it feels like it is struggling a lot to move, this was not happening a week before. When I reduce accelerator the engine stops right away. I have removed the carburetor and cleaned it still no luck. I bought a new accelerator cable which is slightly long, will this affect the throttle? I have also checked the fuel pump, which give adequate amount of petrol when I accelerate.

Recently I am facing an issue like whenever I start the car the engine sounds bhak..bhak..bhak . Also when I put it in gear it feels like it is struggling a lot to move, this was not happening a week before. When I reduce accelerator the engine stops right away. I have removed the carburetor and cleaned it still no luck. I bought a new accelerator cable which is slightly long, will this affect the throttle? I have also checked the fuel pump, which give adequate amount of petrol when I accelerate.
When was the fuel filter changed last?

Can't remember. Maybe 10-15 years before. But fuel pump is working fine, that means fuel filter might not be clogged. Am I right?
Not necessarily. Pump is doing its job if pumping the fuel from the tank to the engine through the filter.

Presume, the filter is clogged, the pump will have to work longer and harder to maintain the engine running conditions. I mean the fuel quantity delivered by the filter will be lesser for the same pumping duration.

Change the fuel filter ASAP. 10 years is a really long time. Also if possible, lower the fuel tank and clean it once at a competent mechanic.

Actually I cannot drive my car for long. Is there a way to empty my fuel tank completely? I have installed the filter but want to empty the tank before I connect the input to the fuel filter. Need to know about which pipe I need to remove.

Actually I cannot drive my car for long. Is there a way to empty my fuel tank completely?
Disconnect the fuel return line and inlet to the carburetor. Loosen the bolts that hold the fuel tank, carefully remove all the electrical connections etc and remove the fuel tank from the chassis to work easily.

I have installed the filter but want to empty the tank before I connect the input to the fuel filter. Need to know about which pipe I need to remove
Here's the image of the fuel system from Boodmo:
Screenshot_2023-08-03-23-39-29-07_21d7ae11b56d281f3d1eaf85000220e7.jpg

In the above image:

1. 'Item - 9' = "Pipe, Fuel" (15811M84002)
2. 'Item - 10' = "Pipe, Fuel Return" which you don't need to open.
3. 'Item - 29' is "Hose, Pump to Carburetor" (09343M05177).

If you plan to keep the car for a longer duration, I'll suggest you to change all rubber hoses related to the fueling system. It may be costly but worth the effort.

Last edited:
Disconnect the fuel return line and inlet to the carburetor. Loosen the bolts that hold the fuel tank, carefully remove all the electrical connections etc and remove the fuel tank from the chassis to work easily.

Here's the image of the fuel system from Boodmo:
View attachment 312655

In the above image:

1. 'Item - 9' = "Pipe, Fuel" (15811M84002)
2. 'Item - 10' = "Pipe, Fuel Return" which you don't need to open.
3. 'Item - 29' is "Hose, Pump to Carburetor" (09343M05177).

If you plan to keep the car for a longer duration, I'll suggest you to change all rubber hoses related to the fueling system. It may be costly but worth the effort.
Thank you for the valuable information. Will update you on this.

Changed Fuel filter and I was still facing the same issue. One thing I missed to share here was my accelerator cable was broken and replaced the cable with a local cable which was quite longer in length and thats why was loose. Then I installed a new cable which I bought from Maruti genuine store and the issue I was facing is gone. Thanks for the valuable help Anuraag ji. Could you also guide me with how to reduce engine vibration as my engine vibrates a lot when the car is idle and when I accelerate it doesn't.

Could you also guide me with how to reduce engine vibration as my engine vibrates a lot when the car is idle and when I accelerate it doesn't.
What I can think of are:
  1. Engine and transmission mounts - may need replacement due to age
  2. Spark plugs are not performing optimally - may require a change
  3. Check the wiring for the spark plugs too

Top Bottom