Maruti 800 (SS80) - An Indian Classic

Guys, this thread has been dead for quite a long time.
Any one in for discussion about spares for SS80 and spares which are different from the current gen MS 800 or Type1.?

Hello there,

im a newbie here.

just bought a ss80 dx and wondering if there is advice to restore this in chennai. 100+ kms but the car is in great condition with jus few rusts and pain job. still havent seen this car as my dad bought and kept is waiting for me to start the restoration....why i find it a bit not prefered as i like it the way it is right now :)) that reflects its age :) and beauty. is this biege or white color...any mechanics who could take a good care and restore to pristine condition in chennai ? all thoughts are really appreciated.

Attachments

congratulation @smvijayan.. and welcome to TAI
body line is in good shape with originality... what about mechanical condition? is that reading genuine 94** or 1.94***
if i am not wrong the color name is Francoise White ;)

Thank you! It's 94,xxx an the mechanicals are fully working. Ac doesn't but got one . All headlights original lights works can be a regular commute. I want to retain its original paint and just remove all rusts an do patch.... I love it looking old and I feel it's 30 yr pride ... Don't want to spoil it my new paint an cheap plastics :)

Congrats smvijayan, your ss80 really looks good. Even though it has a good amount of rust it does not look bad at all considering the car was in Chennai and the age.
about the patch work you are planning to go is a good idea, but make sure your painter matches the paint shade with the old original paint on the car cos the fresh François white shade will look new when compared to the other body parts.
also try to find a original side mirror, i am telling this cos i see you live in Singapore right now and it shouldn't be hard to source the same there.

While waiting for a detailed restoration, Meantime to kill its rust a some patch work and a fresh quote has been done . Thanks to my dad and the local mechanic :). Honestly for the 12k..they did a great job. Now im more keen to know what spares will make it look more original. The car looks ins great shape and healthy :). Im keen on a older convertible or a bettle if anyone has one..im upto it :)

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/nostalgic-era/6027-my-suzuki-800-ss80-3.html

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Below is an excerpt from a legendary Maruti SS80 which was the 1st one ever to come and be owned in India. At present the car appears in not so good condition. But the history behind this car is still evergreen and interesting as ever.

4773c1fe-0203-4b72-b527-ccc48a52f89awallpaper1.jpg

maruti2.jpg

Harpal had sold his Fiat car when he bought the Maruti 800 and drove it for the rest of his life. When Maruti Zen was launched, the family advised him to upgrade to Zen but he was adamant that he would not leave this car till he is alive.
link

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom