Maruti 800 (SS80) - An Indian Classic

@saleem: What was the cost of the interior upholstery for your SS80?
Brother,

Total cost came to around 20 to 22k which includes

1. Roof
2. Floor Mat
3. Front two new seat foam (Brand New) which come in i10
4. All new door pads
5. Art leather seat covers

Thanks
Saleem

Hi All

Thinking for parting with this car as I am looking for a willys jeep so I have no place to park it. Any one interested please email me for more details.

Regards,
Saleem

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my 1984 SS80. I am planning to sell it as I am buying another classic. Do PM me for more details.

Attachments

Hi Sakmji, your's is an excellent car! Congrats. Could you inform from where can I get the silver roof trims on either sides of the car and the silver patti on the windscreen pls? I have an SS80 and those items plus the digital clock on the dashboard is missing :(.

Love this car. The true harbinger of automotive change in India. My friend's father had one and he used to call it 20-20 because it was 20 years old and still managed to deliver 20kmpl in city despite running on stock bore ! That's Japanese quality for the masses !

350Z

Core Team
I thought to share this image as I felt depressed to see an SS80 lying in this condition somewhere in Delhi.

Maruti 800 SS80.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Guys, I have been planning to buy a SS80 for quite some. My dad had booked the SS80 in 1986, however my mom did not like the car as said " This one looks like a toy", so we ended buy an Amby. But I somehow was always in love with this car Now that I have grown up to be a man, I want to own one. Can anybody help me get a SS80 in running condition in and around Delhi? I will much appreciate it. Looking forward to some replies !

I thought to share this image as I felt depressed to see an SS80 lying in this condition somewhere in Delhi.

View attachment 49501

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hi 350Z can you help me locate this car. I am looking forward to buy a SS80

This car is lying in Malviya Nagar in front of a private house. Somewhere near the roundabout (Bus Terminus).

Drive Safe,
350Z
350Z, I went to Malviya Nagar to hunt down this red beauty, but sadly could not find it. Could you please help me with some more details about the exact location? maybe a landmark will help me close up the search.

I had been in love with ss80 for some time and after a search which lasted for more than 3 months I chanced upon a 1985 deluxe model, which I soon acquired. After a month and half of being in garage to clean it out of some rust, the beauty is now back home. Thought of sharing some pics of my new beauty. [:)]

Attachments

I had been in love with ss80 for some time and after a search which lasted for more than 3 months I chanced upon a 1985 deluxe model, which I soon acquired. After a month and half of being in garage to clean it out of some rust, the beauty is now back home. Thought of sharing some pics of my new beauty. [:)]

Congrats Mr.Krishna,
That is one well maintained SS80.

Nowadays there are more number of SS80's in running condition sold for around 50K (no repaint, worn ply tyres, sick interiors, GEM like JAPANESE engine) & there are equal no:of "parked to rust" Ss80 cars everywhere. The sellers quote such high price because they know that this model is usually bought by people who know about that car or its history or its engine or pure love for this GEM.

Incase anyone passes by Indiranagar (100ft road, old madras road junction) you can see a ss80 white colour, parked outside a hut with all old mattress & blankets on top of it. It really hurts to see such a legendary car in such a state. I wish no SS80 is left on road like the one I mentioned.

Top Bottom