Maruti 800 (SS80) - An Indian Classic

Re: The Maruti 800.Beauty of Indian cars (Desi_Mustang)

awesome restore.
the best part is alloys. perfect combo of alloys n tyres
[clap]

@Indian_Mustang:Please post a thread and pictures of your own car.We want more people sharing their own vehicle related information and knowledge here.We help each other out as best we can.

Please post only original restoration pics here.

Awesome work! [clap]
Did you missed out material cost for painting work? only labour charge for painting was mentioned in the excel sheet. what about cost of paint?
You did a great work. How about parts? was it readily available?

@Indian_Mustang:Please post a thread and pictures of your own car.We want more people sharing their own vehicle related information and knowledge here.We help each other out as best we can.

Please post only original restoration pics here.
Dude I have own M800.but i was . so in those pic.if any one get inspiration from picture i am very happy i have many friends from other forum. so he shared with me i shared with you guys.

Awesome work! [clap]
Did you missed out material cost for painting work? only labour charge for painting was mentioned in the excel sheet. what about cost of paint?
You did a great work. How about parts? was it readily available?
Sir its just collection. the Guys Provide me Only that sheet. Sorry And thank you For Like

More Collection UPdate Soon with pics.

Member will be confused as to the use of the pics.There is no write up.No information about the actual restoration work.

How was the rust issue dealt with?

Were the replacement parts readily available?

You need to provide more information.Since this not your own restoration you have no idea what was done

That is why I said you should not create this thread.Members like gns_blr think you have more information about the actual process where as all you are doing is copy paste.

.Members like gns_blr think you have more information about the actual process where as all you are doing is copy paste.
Ohhh[frustration] I was in an impression that he himself did restoration of this M800. I did not paid much attention to his introduction where he has mentioned that these pictures are collected from other websites.
Anyway whoever did that restoration did a good job.

The original restorer surely did a good job.It is good to see an classic being restored back to glory.

The pictures presented above are of a restoration done very elaborately. The entire process is detailed well in another forum by the owner himself. A very well executed restoration [clap], but currently he is contemplating an engine swap for the car due to some serious problem which developed with the original engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
maruti 800 1985m

Hi everyone its raj frm delhi
i purschased maruti 800 1985 model its delhi no. and frm 1 owner
its in running condition

i want make it like brand new

20130618_165006.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Re: maruti 800 1985m

i purschased maruti 800 1985 model its delhi no. and frm 1 owner. its in running condition i want make it like brand new ]
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. You have found a decent example. Are you considering refurbishing it only look-wise? BTW where was this image clicked?

Drive Safe,
350Z

thanks 350z
this image clicked at owners door step in subash nagar
i am going to re-paint full body and want to change all lights ,seats,carpet,and all glass
in aug i start the work

Last edited:
Great to see this post reminds me of my Dad's Sky blue SS80, we were in ranchi then 1983-1984 i guess, he drove all the way from Kolkota to Ranchi. I still remember i was in class 1 and my Father arrived at night and there was this entire crowd from the colony to see the car. Couple of years when we moved to MP, also had a trip to Kerala on it a 4 day trip with absolutely no problem. People before used to make fun because of it light body when compared to fiat and ambassador. my Father kept it in mint condition till 2000 that's when he got retired and had to sell it :-(. I learned my driving in this car. there was one funny story i remember back in those days the SS80 was the top end vehicle and when we had shifted to MP in that place there was a guy who had the same SS80 in red colors and he was called "Maruti Pandey". whwn he moved out ours was the only SS80 there and if someone dint knew who my father was they people would say " the one with sky blue maruti". Nice to see that there are people who are trying to restore it and are still on the hunt for this car, wish i had picture of my old car. Good job guys [clap]

sir i have seen (My SS80 Restoration Process). thousand times and even save these photos in my phone
in other words you can say that i am inspired from sakmji

sourcing the parts would be an issue for me as i am new for all this

i request all members to help me

i want to share one more thing that i have paid 25000 for this 800
engine and drive line is good
78000km
body line 70% ok
tyres are not good

soon upload more pics

Top Bottom