Maruti 800 Redefined

No Akash by just only installing K&N filter Napster might not have increased his stability and decreased his vibrations at high speeds.He definitely have done some modifications in suspension like installi Blistein or Koni suspension, and engine mods,etc and enhanced the stability at higher speeds like 165km/h.

@Napster: Please throw some light on your suspension and engine mods friend.But its really stunning that just by instaling K&N filter you are achieving that top speed of 165km/h.Even cars with refined 1.1L engine cant achieve it with its stock filters, efficiently without vibrations.Congrats friend.

Yes I agree with you that tyre upgradation is required for better stability at higher speeds.
@AHI - I got your point. I just wanted to enquire abt the changes he felt after getting the K&N on., since we both have 0.8L engines.

@Napster- Have you done any suspension mods?

Thread Starter #78

napster

Suspended
After getting K&N, Initial power isnt that improved but the power delivered at highspeeds is great. I could feel the engine to be suffering to breath with a factory fitted filter. After i got the K&N replacement, It was easily taking speeds over 100.(with stock 145/70 r12). Now with the replacement filter and 165/60 r13 it takes time to hit even 140 :P.

If I'm not wrong, I mentioned that i mentioned 145kmph and not 165kmph.

Here is the pic. My car is running o nstock suspension. Got them replaced with the new ones few months ago.
Oh I regret, correction:- 145km/h.

@Akash: yes I understand that, hope you also achieve what he achieved and enjoy your ride to the fullest.

3 x 1 setup
- In a 3 cylinder engine the Headers consist of 3 exhaust pipes(1 to each cylinder) which are joint together in one single pipe & this pipe then has the muffler & end tip.

3 x 2 x 1 setup - In a 3 cylinder engine the Headers consist of 3 exhaust pipes(1 to each cylinder) which are joint together in two pipes & then these two pipes are joint to one single pipe & then the muffler & end tip.

Similarly for 4 cylinder engines its - 4 x 1 or 4 x 2 x 1 & so on (Depending on where we want the power gains)
Thanks for the explanation.

Hi Cutepie & AutoHubIndia,

Could you Pl. suggest the best exhaust for with Stock filters (3:2:1).
I'm looking for the best FE & lil Perofrmance improvement with low sound (not a fav for the sounding exhaust).

Regards,
Sri

march 30th 2001 9pm my dad came home with this beauty of mine, he used it for some 5years and drove around 35,000kms. he handed over the car to me 3years ago and from that day i started loving it more than anything around me.

it has a small engine, more than enough to handle my weight [:D].
i felt the car to be pretty booring from inside so started upgrading its interiors and exteriors one by one. now after 3years i finally achieved what i wanted for my ride. i wanted something interesting, something unique, some thing which is a head turner and now i finally installed a carputer in my ride.

it has a 796cc engine , 145/70 r12 mrf zvts rubber, front discs as mine was the 5speed transmission one. had only minor repairs from the day we bought it. changed my suspension, drive shafts, bearings , clutch plates, etc only once in the past 8years.

i got a mileage of 18.5kmpl on the highway with full load and AC on all the time. that was the max i got. no accidents so far.

upgrades i did to my ride so far :

*k&n intake
*5% visibility tints on all glasses
*sony cdx-gt 460us head unit
*sony 350watt amplifier
*sony 1000watt sub
*sony tweeters
*jbl gt5-a 604 amp
*jbl wiring kit
*neons
*strobes
*HR-alloys
*bridgestone potenza G3 165/60 r13 rubber ( upsize from 145/70 r12)
*debadged things on the boot
*custom made door pads
*4 in 1 rpm gauge
*hella rally 130/110 head lamps upgrade
*tweeter neons

i think i mentioned everything, if i miss anything ill update later [:D]

recently updated my ride's ICE
installed a carputer, here are the specifications
*intel atom 1.6 board
*transcend 2gb 667 ram
*seagate 500gb hdd
*mercury Dazzle mini itx cabinet
*atx 160 watt dc-dc power supply
*lilliput eby-701 7" touch monitor
*usb track ball
*belkin wifi receiver
*bluetooth 2.0 dongle
*glabalsat usb gps
**ir camera, usb dvd-r & other accessories coming soon :)

thats it for now, pics coming soon
Hi, napster, good looking car. Did you add spacers to heighten the car?

Top Bottom