Maruti 800 Redefined

Thread Starter #31

napster

Suspended
AFAIK CAI diameters dont make any difference, Eve nif the CAI is big, It doesnt cause any damage to the engine, The thing is that it should not be small for the engine and for a .8 ltr engine anything which suits a 1.0ltr engine will do. [:D]

@Renegade : I still remember the roof thing which we discussed earlier. I'll do it for sure. All I'm waiting for is your contribution . You know what I'm talking about [:D]
lol

Last edited:
AFAIK CAI diameters dont make any difference, Eve nif the CAI is big, It doesnt cause any damage to the engine, The thing is that it should not be small for the engine and for a .8 ltr engine anything which suits a 1.0ltr engine will do. [:D]
i am not telling that the difference will harm your engine but you wont get the topmost performance level which you will get by matching them.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
renegade said:
Dude his m800 has a sun-roof.
Thats enough IMO.
Low Bumpers et all will make it look cheesy.
I had discussion with napster earlier about the sunroof thingy, Which is actually not a real sunroof.

Drive Safe,
350Z

After consulting professionals and taking sugessions from different people who got their engine upgrade done , I decided to stick to my good old engine.
I got more of the cosmetic mods along with tiny performance mods, Now it's time for some heavy performance mods so decided to get a FFE,CAI,ported and polished heads,Little weight reduction.

That will enhance your performance well dude but be sure that the diameters of FFE and CAI are same or differ very negligibly, as if they differ largely then you will not get the optimum performance upgrade which you will get from matched FFE and CAI.Check out while installing
So napster,how much gains are you expecting ?

That will enhance your performance well dude but be sure that the diameters of FFE and CAI are same or differ very negligibly, as if they differ largely then you will not get the optimum performance upgrade which you will get from matched FFE and CAI.Check out while installing
Then why do mufflers come in different sizes (diameter) ?

Placement & piping for the filter - Headers with proper angled pipes is the only way to OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE.

So napster,how much gains are you expecting ?

Then why do mufflers come in different sizes (diameter) ?

Placement & piping for the filter - Headers with proper angled pipes is the only way to OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE.
Dear Cutie Pie,

Mufflers or best said--the Endcans have their outer diameter and look of different sizes and shapes but the end which get fixed on the silencer pipe is same as the diameter of the silencer pipe.

Let me explain you, suppose if the cold air intake diameter is bigger than free flow exhaust then the amount of suction of air will be higher to the engine which will increase the power, highly,but when the engine will give out exhaust gases after combustion which will be similar to the amount of inlet air, the flow of the gas will be hindered by the lesser diameter of the free flow exhaust and the clearance of the exhaust gases from the combustion chamber will not be faster , therefore air from cold air intake will not get in and the performance will reduce.

In the same way if the FFE diameter is bigger than the CAI, the rate of flow of exhaust gases out of the combustion chamber will be faster than the rate of flow of fresh air through the CAI, which will make a lesser combustion of mixture of fuel due to less amount of fresh air/oxygen and thereby hinder the optimum performance of the vehicle which can be well achieved will similar diameteres of CAI and FFE.

Hope yor doubt is clear.

Last edited:
Dear Cutie Pie,

Mufflers or best said--the Endcans have their outer diameter and look of different sizes and shapes but the end which get fixed on the silencer pipe is same as the diameter of the silencer pipe.

Let me explain you, suppose if the cold air intake diameter is bigger than free flow exhaust then the amount of suction of air will be higher to the engine which will increase the power, highly,but when the engine will give out exhaust gases after combustion which will be similar to the amount of inlet air, the flow of the gas will be hindered by the lesser diameter of the free flow exhaust and the clearance of the exhaust gases from the combustion chamber will not be faster , therefore air from cold air intake will not get in and the performance will reduce.
Basic's Basic's !

Air expands on heating.

The amount of air ****ed into engine will never be same ones it get into the engine. It expands in the combustion processes.So the amount of air let out through the silencer will always be more.

And to avoid excess back pressure (to which you are reffering as "clearance of the exhaust gases from the combustion chamber ") is adjusted to a proper level by using expansion chambers,proper piping & by removing the cat con rather than matching the CAI's diameter to FFE's diameter.

In the same way if the FFE diameter is bigger than the CAI, the rate of flow of exhaust gases out of the combustion chamber will be faster than the rate of flow of fresh air through the CAI, which will make a lesser combustion of mixture of fuel due to less amount of fresh air/oxygen and thereby hinder the optimum performance of the vehicle which can be well achieved will similar diameteres of CAI and FFE.

Hope yor doubt is clear.
Excess diameter exhaust will result in "lack of back pressure" & performance drop.

But this does not mean that CAI's diameter should match your FFE's diameter.

Last edited:
I dont agree. Has no logic at all.

Here are some pics which i managed to click, Couldn't get any better pics . SORRY!
ImageImage
ImageImage

@350z : I personally don't like white bumpers on my car, I like the black and white combination which are on my car currently so..anyways thanks for the sugession
Its a real squeeze. Good job buddy. Now your car's ICE consist more of computer's parts than Cars'.

Basic's Basic's !

Air expands on heating.

The amount of air ****ed into engine will never be same ones it get into the engine. It expands in the combustion processes.So the amount of let out throuh the silencer will always be more.

And to avoid excess back pressure (to which you are reffering as "clearance of the exhaust gases from the combustion chamber ") is adjusted to a proper level by using expansion chambers,proper piping & by removing the cat con raher than matching the CAI's dimeter to FFE's diameter.

Excess diameter exhaust will result in "lack of back pressure" & performance drop.

But this does not mean that CAI's diameter should match your FFE's diameter.
Hey Neha
I'll agree with what you said.
You know quite a bit about cars.
Atlast a girl who knows well about cars[;)]

Thread Starter #41

napster

Suspended
Hey napster [:)]

Dude you own one of my favorite cars.The way you have maintained it..Hats OFF.
Thank you.[:)]

I had discussion with napster earlier about the sunroof thingy, Which is actually not a real sunroof.
Drive Safe,
350Z
RENEGADE knows that it's not a sunroof,He was sarcastic 350z.[lol]

Its a real squeeze. Good job buddy. Now your car's ICE consist more of computer's parts than Cars'.
HAHA, True, I'm getting some more accessories for my carputer now.(graphic card for better gaming)

Thread Starter #42

napster

Suspended
Any idea of how much would a FFE cost? Iwant the entire thing from headers to endcan.
Appropriate prices are appreciated.

Hey you dint reply her ohhh i mean me.[:D]
How much gains you expecting with the FFE,CAI & Porting polishing ?

About the FFE cost - Mufflers alone cost 3-4 K.The entire headers to end can thing will cost your around 10-12 K.

Here's the famous AutoMech website - http://www.automechexhausts.com/

Last edited:
Dear Napster,

here are the details you wanted.

Free Flow Exhaust Prices:

HKS:
Type:Universal for all cars
Price:Rs6500/-

Remus:(Titanium tip)
Price:Rs14,600/-

Magnaflow:
Type:Different variants available
Price:Rs9800/- to Rs49,000/-

I got these prices from one of our associate dealer.

Thread Starter #45

napster

Suspended
Hey you dint reply her ohhh i mean me.[:D]
How much gains you expecting with the FFE,CAI & Porting polishing ?

About the FFE cost - Mufflers alone cost 3-4 K.The entire headers to end can thing will cost your around 10-12 K.

Here's the famous AutoMech website - http://www.automechexhausts.com/
I mailed automech guys about the pricing and other details as i heard good reviews about them so waiting for their resonse.
I'm expecting a gain of around 5bhp or so..not more than that from a 0.8ltr engine dude..anything mroe is an overkill [evil]

Dear Napster,

here are the details you wanted.

Free Flow Exhaust Prices:

HKS:
Price:Rs6500/-

Remus:(Titanium tip)
Price:Rs14,600/-

Magnaflow:
Type:Different variants available
Price:Rs9800/- to Rs49,000/-

I got these prices from one of our associate dealer.
HKS for just 6500? Thats a pretty good price, But it says its universal so do i need to get it custom made to suit my car? Mine is a 3cylinder car so the headers should be made on demand.

Top Bottom