Maruti 800 Overheating Problem

zengetz

Suspended
Re: Overheating Problem in Maruti 800

Ya I followed the same method, now the boiling problem has solved, still I am feeling its getting heated than the normal, now the coolant stays full in the reservoir(box)..

Glad to know the boiling problem is fixed.
When you say you 'feel' its over heating, where do you feel this from ? What does your Temperature Guage indicate ?

How long did you drive after the refill ?
Send a pic of the temp guage if it helps

- Avi

zengetz

Suspended

Nothing to worry about.This looks normal.
Now that you have made the changes few days ago, did you face the same problems again ?

Avi

350Z

Core Team

That is normal. My car also tends to heat up this much after continuous use. You should not worry much unless that needle begins to tilt towards right.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi after 4-5 days of testing , The coolant has reduced, topped it up two days back again today when I noticed it has gone to empty level in the coolant tank.
I drove it for around 30-35 kms every day..for past 5 days.
Pls give me some suggestions regarding this.

When the engine overheats , dont turn off of the engine.
Switch Off the AC if you are using.
Turn the blower to windshield mode, and set the temp to heat mode and blow the air.
Engine cools of instantly.
Keep the engine running.

zengetz

Suspended

Hi after 4-5 days of testing , The coolant has reduced, topped it up two days back again today when I noticed it has gone to empty level in the coolant tank.
I drove it for around 30-35 kms every day..for past 5 days.
Pls give me some suggestions regarding this.

Varun,

Looks like you would need to get it checked at the service center next. There seems to be a major leakage in your coolant system.

Did you drive your car a lot after a very hot engine ?

I have a feeling you must have damaged your head gaskets too.

Important Please check
1. Do you notice water dripping from the exhaust ?
2. Check your engine oil using the dip stick and see if the oil has become sludgy with water mix (Worst case scenario)
3. Open your spark plugs and see if there's traces of oil sludge at the end of the plugs.

Seek immediate help.

Let me know how it goes buddy.

- Avi

Varun,

Looks like you would need to get it checked at the service center next. There seems to be a major leakage in your coolant system.

Did you drive your car a lot after a very hot engine ?

I have a feeling you must have damaged your head gaskets too.

Important Please check
1. Do you notice water dripping from the exhaust ?
2. Check your engine oil using the dip stick and see if the oil has become sludgy with water mix (Worst case scenario)
3. Open your spark plugs and see if there's traces of oil sludge at the end of the plugs.

Seek immediate help.

Let me know how it goes buddy.

- Avi
Hi zengetz

Hi have checked the pipes and found no leakages, what is head gaskets ?
Spark plugs are new, upgraded to mico iridium 4 pin spark plugs just run 1000kms after that..Oil is ok as per the dip stick.

zengetz

Suspended

Varun,

Looks like its a blown engine gasket. Gasket is - Source Wikipedia below

between the engine block and cylinder head in an internal combustion engine. Its purpose is to seal the cylinders to ensure maximum compression and avoid leakage of coolant or engine oil into the cylinders; as such, it is the most critical sealing application in any engine, and, as part of the combustion chamber, it shares the same strength requirements as other combustion chamber components.

Read Gasket problems -
Head gasket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seek immediate service center attention but do not tell him about Gasket yet. Let him check the complete Coolant system and he will eventually get to it.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Avi

hi guys. I too have been facing this over heating problem in my 800. its an 96 model non a/c, non mpfi. Had a faulty fan switch got it fixed but the problem persist. Thing is the coolant starts to overflow from the expansion tank.this happen even when the quage is below its half level. It gets even worse when we go on a long journey. Coolant starts to boil. all kinds of sound start to come from the radiator and the guage crosses the OK limit. All the while the fan operates normally. I showed it to an A.S.S and he did not find any fault in the radiator. I am puzzled any suggestions.

hi guys. I too have been facing this over heating problem in my 800. its an 96 model non a/c, non mpfi. Had a faulty fan switch got it fixed but the problem persist. Thing is the coolant starts to overflow from the expansion tank.this happen even when the quage is below its half level. It gets even worse when we go on a long journey. Coolant starts to boil. all kinds of sound start to come from the radiator and the guage crosses the OK limit. All the while the fan operates normally. I showed it to an A.S.S and he did not find any fault in the radiator. I am puzzled any suggestions.
Hi try getting the radiator cleaned this will solve the problem..

Check the radiator again at some other workshop. It might be clogged. Have you cleaned or given it a flush before?

Top Bottom