Maruti 800 - New Dashboard Required

Why not order them, it will take 20 - 30 days. But as you said we too have a list of spares which are not available (no manufacturing).
Nope tried that too waited for 2 months straight, but to no avail. The painter gave me an idea of doing a panel in fibreglass. The fibreglass option can open doors to all new creativity like making custom made panel to fit your tablet PC to look like a screen in your dash.
But again it there might be cons like Rattling/Bad finish etc. besides fibreglass option will be a costly affair

Thread Starter #47
Yeah, I know how it feels when you want some part & they say "NO STOCK/ NO SUPPLY" got to live with it buddy.

Did your painter give any quote or approx cost of ingredients etc? Can you shed some light on cost, items & where to buy this stuff in Bangalore?

@RPM try to visit some salvage yards. Just recently I saw a bunch of m1000 and esteem dash and interior claddings rotting away at a yard in kozhikode. You could find more in bangalore. If you are planning to keep the car you should buy all the backup parts which you will otherwise not be able to find in the market.

Did your painter give any quote or approx cost of ingredients etc? Can you shed some light on cost, items & where to buy this stuff in Bangalore?
The fibre glass guy is another person who the painter said he would refer mr to; The painter too did not give me any idea on cost since i dropped the idea, however If you tell me exactly what you intend to fabricate i will get you more details by this weekend when i visit the garage

Last edited:
Thread Starter #50
I was thinking of fabricating thick plastic trims based on the "wafer thin" MGP kit we get for 800. This way we'll have a much better feel on the interiors as the current plastics are seriously flimsy. Here is a link to what I bought (colour is good, but no strength or thickness)

I think it would cost us less if we fabricate in slightly large numbers. In case other TAI M800 owners too want the same. As fabricating for one will be time consuming & I guess costly too.

OT: I really loved the Blower option through door pad on your car. Kind of unique & interesting.

I think it would cost us less if we fabricate in slightly large numbers. In case other TAI M800 owners too want the same. As fabricating for one will be time consuming & I guess costly too.
Yes. thats right if you have the mold with you the fabrication will be a lot cheaper, since you have the panels already no need to make molds

OT: I really loved the Blower option through door pad on your car. Kind of unique & interesting.
Thanks ,i wanted to swap them with type 2 pads but didnt want to loose the blowers , besides when the door is opened the blower pipe connection is exposed, i spray the perfume im wearing,it forms a small collection of liquid at the bottom , So the car smells like me when the AC is on :stupid:. Doing the same on dash will leave stains

PS - i have PM'ed you a link on some DIY's in fibreglass fabrication ,might be of interest to you

Attachments

Last edited:
Saw this 800's dash on the net !! I fell in love with it, may be I will get it done.

@ Ilango, will the paint last, won't it be peeled of after some time ? Need your suggestion..
A great looking interior and well- maintained too. i miss my 800. thanks Varun for sharing the lovely picture.
I made one decision today, when time and money (space too) permits i will buy my 800 back, and mod it till i am satisfied.

Thread Starter #53
Yes. thats right if you have the mold with you the fabrication will be a lot cheaper, since you have the panels already no need to make molds

Thanks ,i wanted to swap them with type 2 pads but didnt want to loose the blowers , besides when the door is opened the blower pipe connection is exposed, i spray the perfume im wearing,it forms a small collection of liquid at the bottom , So the car smells like me when the AC is on Doing the same on dash will leave stains

PS - i have PM'ed you a link on some DIY's in fibreglass fabrication ,might be of interest to you
Thanks for the link. Looks interesting but it is a pretty tough DIY for me [:)]

My small suggestion to you regarding the interiors - Please keep it in stock condition, especially the AC vents (I have not seen this in any other car). Thats a nice trick keep the cabin fresh [;)]

Thanks for the link. Looks interesting but it is a pretty tough DIY for me [:)]

My small suggestion to you regarding the interiors - Please keep it in stock condition, especially the AC vents (I have not seen this in any other car). Thats a nice trick keep the cabin fresh [;)]
Completely agree with you, these type of air vents are indeed very interesting. They also came on Maruti 1000s & early Maruti Esteems too IIRC.
BTW apart from the looks they were not very effective in directing the air, they were small & placed very low, i have experienced this myself as there was a Maruti 1000 in our family.

Wouldn't it be possible to paint it with Aerosol type paints/spray cans? Or anything else?
Like custom paint the parts of the dashboard or doors.

Wouldn't it be possible to paint it with Aerosol type paints/spray cans? Or anything else?
Like custom paint the parts of the dashboard or doors.
My Dashboard is painted with aerosol spray cans only, however i would recommend this only if you intend to have your dashboard color black, for other colors you may want the normal paint process

Saw this 800's dash on the net !! I fell in love with it, may be I will get it done.

@ Ilango, will the paint last, won't it be peeled of after some time ? Need your suggestion..
This is awesome... I am happy to find these many 800 lovers here.
I love to do the same kind of interiors. Can any one, help me out?

hi varun,

I am really impressed with the interiors of the maruthi 800 you shared. It is just awesome.
I too own a maruthi 800. I would like to do the same type of interiors. Can you suggest me where it was done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I am bored of the looks of the M800 Type 1 dashboard that my car has & I am not a fan of the Type 2 also.

However I really love the Old zen (not estilo) dashboard, I have also seen recently in a picture where someone has managed to fit the Zen dashboard onto M800. I want to do the same as a DIY, a portion of my dashboard is already broken (looks like someone tried to hit that spot with hammer & I want to change this.

I am a bit worried about the mounting/ screwing points of the Zen dashboard. Is there any major changes between these two?

Till date I have removed & fit back the alternator, bumpers, tail lamps, speedometer & its bulbs, driver seat & its regulator, basic wiring for ICE & replaced bulbs in headlights. But I have never ever touched anything below the dashboard. So is it alright to start off with this DIY?

Varun can you please post that picture you showed me the other day here.
I’m also intrested to switch MS800’s in to Zen’s Dashboard

Top Bottom