Maruti 800 - New Dashboard Required

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

I am bored of the looks of the M800 Type 1 dashboard that my car has & I am not a fan of the Type 2 also.

However I really love the Old zen (not estilo) dashboard, I have also seen recently in a picture where someone has managed to fit the Zen dashboard onto M800. I want to do the same as a DIY, a portion of my dashboard is already broken (looks like someone tried to hit that spot with hammer & I want to change this.

I am a bit worried about the mounting/ screwing points of the Zen dashboard. Is there any major changes between these two?

Till date I have removed & fit back the alternator, bumpers, tail lamps, speedometer & its bulbs, driver seat & its regulator, basic wiring for ICE & replaced bulbs in headlights. But I have never ever touched anything below the dashboard. So is it alright to start off with this DIY?

Varun can you please post that picture you showed me the other day here.

I guess you need to change the mount points..
You can remove the dash board easily, if you know to remove the headlamp/wiper switches.. It will take around 1 hour.. I have done it 2 - 3 times..

One suggestion, why not get the dash painted.. Ilango should help you out.

Here is the pic as you requested..[:)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
I am not sure if beige colour would suite my car interiors. Any suggestion for painting of door handles & dashboard colour just incase I do it

Any colour or colour combination could be painted for dash.

Depends on your taste and how you want to present your car's interior.

All beige or all black are becoming normal one.

Some thing different like coffee brown etc.

Thread Starter #9
Ilango,
I am highly impressed by your works. Especially the zen and getz dashboard. Is that lancer modified? Any links plz

Thread Starter #10
how about leather (art leather) wrapping on dashboard., how much will cost for that. BTW ilango[speed thirst] I added you on my facebook friend list too
Thanks Rakesh,

I think that would be too costly & secondly the M800 (especially Type 1) Dashboard neither is big nor has any elegant curves (crude design) so not sure if it would look good with leather. If anyone has done this before please let us know the cost also.

I guess leather wrapping would be a good idea but for a 800 as SS0 told it is a tough job.. Also for this need to heat the leather and paste but I guess there are no such professionals to do this. If they are willing to do this it will cost a bomb !!

Thread Starter #12
Hmmmm better I go with that Zen type Brown + Beige dual colour theme. Hope you wont mind Ilango, me copying one of your masterpieces.

Saw this 800's dash on the net !! I fell in love with it, may be I will get it done.

@ Ilango, will the paint last, won't it be peeled of after some time ? Need your suggestion..

Attachments

Last edited:
it is easy to swap type1 dashboard to type2 one ,it is simple bolt on only issue will be with petrol guage cos new model guage will work without ignition key

Hi all [:)], I have a small doubt! If i change my type1 dash board to type 2 Do i also have to make any alteration on the AC motor thats under the dash board and also do i have to change my speedometer too??? please need your suggestions, before i do anything.
Thanks in advance [:)]

Top Bottom