Maruti 800 - New Dashboard Required

No need of getting the blower changed, its all the same. But you need to get new pipes which circulate the air to all the other vents except the middle one's.

Old speedo can be fit by doing some small alterations.

No need of getting the blower changed, its all the same. But you need to get new pipes which circulate the air to all the other vents except the middle one's.

Old speedo can be fit by doing some small alterations.
Thank you for the reply [:)] I live some where out of city limits so do you happen to know the cost of new type 2 dash board by any chance or any idea how much it may cost?? [confused]

Type two dash alone costs you 1200 and all the other parts like the console, air vents, pipes come around 500-600. Total around 2k.

You can also go for type3, no change at all except the color of the dash will be grey !

Type two dash alone costs you 1200 and all the other parts like the console, air vents, pipes come around 500-600. Total around 2k.

You can also go for type3, no change at all except the color of the dash will be grey !
[glasses] Hmmmmm so its good if i go for type 3 itself! And if in case my old type 1 speedometer didn't look that good with new dashborad and if i want to change it, There wont be any change/problem with the wiring pin's of type 1 and type 3 speedometer wright? Both speedometer looks alike but i dint saw its pin...

Varun is it an aftermarket dash.
No its not an aftermarket one, it came with the last sold 800's that is from 2008 to 2012.

[glasses] Hmmmmm so its good if i go for type 3 itself! And if in case my old type 1 speedometer didn't look that good with new dashborad and if i want to change it, There wont be any change/problem with the wiring pin's of type 1 and type 3 speedometer wright? Both speedometer looks alike but i dint saw its pin...
No, type 2 speedo will be difficult to manage, as there is sensor in type 2 , and has more warning lamps, the wiring clip would not match it. So if you are very keen to replace, just replace the speedo gauge plate, and put a new glass it will be fine ![:)] (but again needs some mods as the fuel and temp gauges are located in different places in type 1 and 2)

Thank you Varun, I look into it... if can i'll change it but i really dont want to tamper the speedometer. So still thinking about it [thinking]

Thread Starter #24
I request you all to add/ paste links of good modified/painted interiors of M800 in this thread. Will help a lot of people (especially me [lol])

Hi Guys badly need help :help::please: i had by dashboard painted this week (Did not do a DIY as i wanted a professional finish) after a lot of delays the painter finally finished. i had actually chosen the two tone finish i.e black on the top and beige on the bottom.. the problem is first of all the painter has selected the wrong color, it seems more yellow than beige[frustration]more so the with a poke and pull by my nail im able to scratch off the paint from all parts (By seeing all the DIY's i was assuming that the painting job from the painter will ensure there is no chipping/peeling whatsoever atleast with nails)

Any help would greatly be appreciated as im so confused and frustrated for having spent money on this, iwant to salvage whatever i can by taking advice of fellow TAI members

To sum up im adding my questions below -

1. keeping in mind the dashbord is already painted what can i do next ?
2. Can i use the spray paint cans from SP road to repaint the whole stuff again
3. Will i get beige spray paint in aerosol cans ?
4. Has any other member faced chipping after painting dash with aerosol spay cans on their dash

Thnaking in anticipation

Thread Starter #27
Yes, please do post a pic of your dashboard and also the scratch from nails.

I have recently painted my dashboard (a total DIY) & I can say that you need to scratch atleast 2times before you leave an impression/ scratch. Although I goofed up the colour, the finish is still good.

May be the painter skipped the Plastic primer part & straight away painted it. So it might not be stuck to the dash as firmly as OEM paints do.

How much did he charge for the whole dashboard painting? I assume you are referring to you esteem's dashboard.

hi, everyone is it possible to swap the zen dash to 800 type1,if it is possible let me know the procedure

waiting for your valuable inputs

It is possible cos the mounting point of ZEN dash board is almost similar to Type 2 800 or Even type 1 dash... With small alteration on the mounting points it can be fitted, I have seen it too. But the real prob is you cant fit 800 speedo to ZEN dash. Have to change that! Which i dint wanted to do it. The bigger porb is AC Ventilator and Fan is totally different (According to the mechanic i consulted). He said, If i'm ready to loose my AC i can fix it. I think it looks kinda ODD after fixing it, cos the door pad of 800 do not match with ZEN DASH!!! ZEN dash is around 2k max, No idea about its speedo. If you find more info about it do reply...

http://www.cardekho.com/interior-pi...BS-III-cars-Jaipur_431/Passengers_View-56.htm

found this link! check it out once...

hi, hemanth thanks for the suggestion speedometer and the other components is not a big problem but the problem is with AC and the door pad side anyway we can't use the door pad of zen, other thing is ac controls seems to be mechanical like in 800 we need to risk some amount for buying used components and do some DIY kind of job any body can exactly share the price of zen speedo console.

Top Bottom