Maruti 800 Modification (Kerala Style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sir. You are mistaken. EX and DX always had rear coil springs and radial tyres straight from the factory. Our own VR SHENOY sir has a 1998 4 speed Carb DX which has coil springs. I have it's brochure, hence I am sure. Type 2 DX always had coils at rear. Go and check.

I don't think so. Coil spring set up first appeared on the 5 Speed DX in 2000. The 5 Speed EX continued with the leaf springs. After the 5 Speed was discontinued all 800's came with coil springs around 2003-2004.
Get your facts right sir. 800 Type 2 came in 3 Variants. EX and DX always had coil springs and radial tyres from factory.

Later in 2002 EX was discontinued and even the STD model got radial tyres and coil setup.

Thread Starter #18
No sir. You are mistaken. EX and DX always had rear coil springs and radial tyres straight from the factory. Our own VR SHENOY sir has a 1998 4 speed Carb DX which has coil springs. I have it's brochure, hence I am sure. Type 2 DX always had coils at rear. Go and check.
Get your facts right sir. 800 Type 2 came in 3 Variants. EX and DX always had coil springs and radial tyres from factory.

Later in 2002 EX was discontinued and even the STD model got radial tyres and coil setup.
In that case it's good news for me. It's a bit difficult for me to check as I'm out at sea and I have to rely on information given by the owner.

YES, Sumitsinha is right about my car.

In that case it's good news for me. It's a bit difficult for me to check as I'm out at sea and I have to rely on information given by the owner.
The older green 5 speed was nice. I am not happy with these two cars. Honest view, please dont mind :)

Thread Starter #21
I have dropped the Hubli car. The Pheonix Red is just standby in case I don't find anything better. Still looking for a 5 speed. There is a sliver one that's overpriced and a white one without AC. I'll be hunting physically for some better options when I'm down.

Thread Starter #22

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Can anyone identify the size of the tyres of the blue Alto in the previous post. Looks like 14" but I could be wrong. Experts please comment.

Thread Starter #24
Finally the search comes to an end. In the absence of any good 800's in the market, I expanded my search to the Alto. Surprisingly I could not find any decent Alto's in the market too. Most were not the LXi model, those that were Lxi's were either too badly abused or ridiculously overpriced. Finally I managed to convince someone to let go of a car I was familiar with and I knew was well maintained. It's got a few scratches and dents but mechanically sound. I guess I should be able to fix everything in 6-7K. Seat covers and steering covers are gone. I'll probably just remove them and not put new ones.

Please see the following thread for details:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-alto-spice.html?highlight=Red+Hot+Alto+Spice

Mods kindly close this thread and re-open the thread in the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom