Maruti 800 Enhancement Required

Thread Starter #1
Guys I have a Maruti 800 EX 94'model white colored and i now want to make some enhancements to it.
1. Color my Bumpers White for a Body colored feel.
2. Put rear Spoiler.
3. Put new maruti 800 headlights in place of old ones(This dont know how to make space)
4. Make some changes in front grill (or replace it)
5. Design my car with some stickers /decals.

Assist me in suggesting cost of each of the above parts and specially the New headlight thing.

P.S: Other enhancement ideas are welcome[:D]

hi vicky, welcome to TAI.

1) our member '350Z' has a 800 & has painted his car's bumpers in white, you can PM him.
2) a small & sleek spoiler will look good but a big one (like the one in modified lancers & OHCs) will look ugly.
3) for this, you will have to do some body work like cutting, denting & then painting. if done at a good garage, the finish will be good else you will spoil your car.
4) our members 'deville_56' & 'renegade' are our DIY experts, PM them. have a look at this thread.
5) stickering depends on your taste. it can make your car look awesome or make it look wacky!

i would suggest, instead you invest in some good fat tyres & alloys, will make your car look much better & classy.

Last edited:
hi vicky, welcome to TAI.

1) our member '350Z' has a 800 & has painted his car's bumpers in white, you can PM him.
2) a small & sleek spoiler will look good but a big one (like the one in modified lancers & OHCs) will look ugly.
3) for this, you will have to do some body work like cutting, denting & then painting. if done at a good garage, the finish will be good else you will spoil your car.
4) our members 'deville_56' & 'renegade' are our DIY experts, PM them. have a look at this thread.
5) stickering depends on your taste. it can make your car look awesome or make it look wacky!

i would suggest, instead you invest in some good fat tyres & alloys, will make your car look much better & classy.
IMHO i think the Old 800 will not look good with body coloured bumpers won't look nice

Upload pics of your car.

napster

Suspended
dint some one talk bout m800 here??
im here to help you out dude! :)
well,
1. dont color your bumpers coz they dont go well for an m800 94, better keep your stock bumpers in black and keep them polishing to have a fresh feel.
2.spoilers dont go well with hatchbacks, specially m800, alto and zen, though some spoilers which are sleek look good sometime.
3.this is possible, the new ones cost you around 3300 as they come with headlight leveling system.
4. you can replace it but i dont hing the new one fits in the gap, so try making some changes to your current grill, cut the stock grill mesh and put a diamond shaped grill, that'll add some look for your ride, chec kthe DIY section, you'll find some tips on that
5.stickers make the car look wacky most of the times, you need to take immense care in making stickers for your car, my suggestion is a NO to stickers.

-try getting some wheels, wheels change your car's look completely.
-get a paintjob done if your car has visible scratches or dents.
-get your ICE upgraded

post some pics of your ride, that will help us on suggesting you regarding your enhancements

Thread Starter #6
Thanks for your opinions guys.

I will drops the idea of white bumper.

Here are some of thew pics of my car.

I've put a Learner sign as my younger bro is learning driving from it.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Hi Vicky!
First of all I wish you a very warm welcome in The Automotive India.
Please do make sure that you read Rules & Regulations of community to enjoy each and every bit of your stay here.

Your ride is quite old and in not very good condition, So I suggest you to improve its basic looks first instead of adding more accessories.

If you've got enough of budget then firstly go to a reputed mechanic to remove the small dents and rectify other small issues as well.For Eg; I think that your car's driver's side window is not in good condition, Does it rolls up and down easily? So pay attention to such issues first.

Once this is done, You can go for a paint job, As I can spot some rusted parts on your vehicle, There you can also ask them to color the bumpers as well to body color.(I got painted the bumpers of my 800 (2003 Model) seperately for around Rs.4.5k from an authorised workshop.)

When you're finished with these job, You can start hunting for the add-ons.

3. Put new maruti 800 headlights in place of old ones(This dont know how to make space)
About the headlamps, New ones definitly looks much cooler but I suggest you to also replace the tail lamps as well because the combination of new headlamps with old tail lamps doesn't sounds too good. For the headlamps replacement some modifications for the fenders will be needed, So if you're not interested to get into this complicated task then simply go for the brand new stock ones.

vicky said:
4. Make some changes in front grill (or replace it)
The front grille can be changed without any modifications.

Other exterior modifications which come in my mind are:
  • Alloys, If not then try better wheelcovers but please don't go for white ones as they tend to get direty easily and aren't suitable for long run.
  • Tints, Go for new black tints, I got installed Llumar for around Rs.400-500.
As for the interior accessories,

• Go for a good dry cleaning job first of all.
  • New mats if current ones have gone old.
  • A good dashboard polishing job.
  • New seat & steering covers if they are old.
Post some images of interiors aslso which will help us to guide you better. Keep us updated and let me know your exact budget for all the accessories.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Looking at you car's pic's here are my view's -

* Denting & painting is the first thing your car needs.

* good alloys are the second thing.

* Just change your rear & front light with new original ones. (Fitting some other lights may spoil the looks of your sweet car)

* Get some good filming done,Polish your current bumpers (don't color them,it will again make your car look odd)

All the above is more than enough to make your ride look fresh.Then you can think about the interiors,performance mod's as well.

Welcome to TAI Vicky

I'll advise you to do these mods only after your brother has finished learning to drive.

Guys the only dent i saw on the car from the pics was near the right headlight.
Get the right headlight aligned correctly it is not directing straight and is a bit out of place.
Get it properly done.

Get some good wheelcaps/alloys,
Don't go to sion-koliwada area for wheelcaps.The design they have is pathetic.
Go to milan subway and search for good designs.Don't buy at the first shop.Go looking and noting whats best and then zero it down to what you want on the car.
Don't change the lights,the stock ones are very good according to me.

The drivers side window needs attention,its not properly fixed in its location.It clearly looks tilted in the 4th Image.
For the bumpers paint it Matt Black
it really looks cool.
A spray can of Matt black costs 200 Rs,i think 2-3 will be enough to paint both bumpers.

Like vibhor said get some black tints.
And what about the ICE???
Do you have a music system in the car?

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
get a paintjob done, get a new set of wheels, and change those head and tail lamps, that should do the job, if you want more then you can upgrade your interiors too,

Hey Napster
Your 800 looks really cool and classy at the same time.
The blue Led's just below the headlight is not my taste white would have looked better.
Blue neons[thumbswink]
Alloys[clap]

napster

Suspended
Hey Napster
Your 800 looks really cool and classy at the same time.
The blue Led's just below the headlight is not my taste white would have looked better.
Blue neons[thumbswink]
Alloys[clap]
offtopic,
i just posted it so that he can get a rough idea on how to mod an m800, ill post the report bout my car once its back from service, we'll have discussion bout it in a seperate thread..anyways thanks for the compliments, and the white LED thing will be coming soon, as of now im working on something big for my ride, ill post about it also very soon [:)]

Top Bottom