Maruti 800 Basic Upgrades. Help Needed.

Thread Starter #1
I am currently studying in college, and my mom had a Maruti 800, 2000 model, which is now going to be mine for college use. It has no proper music system and has the normal features of a maruti 800. I want to add a good music system (not too expensive but something I can connect to my ipod and which has aux and usb slots) and one of those remotes that you can attach to your steering wheel. I also want to either change the steering wheel to a better one, or just go in for a cover, which is better?
Also I'm just curious about a few things
Firstly, can a normal steering wheel be converted into a power steering? If yes how much will it cost?
Secondly, because my car will have no resale value I wanted to know if it can be modified into a better looking car, how much does that cost? (I wont be doing that till about a year and a half)

Can you guys tell me some good audio systems like the one I mentioned and tell me how much all the things I asked will cost?

lxi.

Suspended
Welcome to TAI iwantacamaro.
So you want to modify your M800.
First thing you should do is to add some alloys Rs,10000-15000(Or Paint the rims black, Cost Rs.500).
Regarding the steering wheel, I think that can be converted into a power steering. Dont know the cost. Better ask at MASS.

Regarding the Head Unit. Better get a Pioneer. Our member "Tasuray" has some pioneer HU in his alto with which a remote can be bought seperately (Rs.1200 for remote) and can be attached to the steering wheel.

You can add steering wheel cover to the steering. I got a Velvet one for Rs.300 some 2 years ago.

What is your budget for all the modification stuff?
And what thing are you interested for? Exterior/Interior/Engine?

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Saransh.

Firstly, can a normal steering wheel be converted into a power steering? If yes how much will it cost?
Possible but not recommended.

I also want to either change the steering wheel to a better one, or just go in for a cover, which is better?
You can fit aftermarket steering wheels like Momo. But there’s a fairly wide range of steering covers available in both the types, readymade and custom made. Cost varies from Rs.200 to 1,000 depending upon the choice. I would advice to opt for a better quality steering cover if grip is the only concern.

Secondly, because my car will have no resale value I wanted to know if it can be modified into a better looking car, how much does that cost? (I wont be doing that till about a year and a half)
What kind of modifications you are considering? Maybe we can suggest a few upgrades if you show us some pictures of the car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think you can opt for a JBL music system which has USB compatibility . costs you around 3K and then a decent set of 6X9's JBL with a sub and a 4 channel amp . I think that will help. Do cosmetic changes to your car by having tints, wheel covers, door visors, scuff plates and waistline moulding.

Steering - You can fit any steering wheel as per your liking with little or no mods, For power steerng the closest you can get is a alto or zen power steering column. Its very much possible if done right. But then does the 800 even need a PS? Cost using scrap parts around 3-7K
Mod - Convert it to a mehran look, ie old m800 bumpers, new m800 body, alto IA-ORVM, painted grille outer and larger tires n alloys. Maybe an ffe or a muffler? Alloys 10-18K, tires 10-13K, orvms 700+.
Music system - Get the basic JBL3, hu+components+bass tube.

I want to add a good music system
Either Pioneer or JBL are available around 3k with AUX & USB

remotes that you can attach to your steering wheel.
Please make sure you really need steering remote. This could cost atleast half the price of your basic HU. Instead you can invest this amount for better ICE setup

I also want to either change the steering wheel to a better one, or just go in for a cover, which is better?
Steering cover will be VFM option. There are variety of covers available in market ranging from 200 INR to 3k INR. Choose the one with proper grip.

Firstly, can a normal steering wheel be converted into a power steering?
Yes. But not recommended for poor 800cc mill.
IMO M800 don't need a power steering. If you feel your steering is hard, get it checked & serviced.

Secondly, because my car will have no resale value I wanted to know if it can be modified into a better looking car, how much does that cost?
Alloy wheels: 10~15k (or 5~8k for used ones)
Paint the Bumpers, ORVM, door handles with body color (may be radiator grill too): 5k
Seat Cover: 3~5k
Windtone horns: 1k (Roots horn costs 550 INR + relay 150 INR + wiring)
LEDs: I'm not a fan of LEDs, no info on cost too.

I have a similar query, thought of adding it here itself instead of opening a new thread. Somehow I have fallen in love with the CHUNKY, BEAUTIFUL steering wheel of the Alto K10, Is it possible to fit it in my 800?

If yes, how much would it cost? Will the smaller steering wheel add more pain to the steering at parking speeds?

I just found one nut kind of thing holding on to my steering in my 800.

Sorry for bumping this thread [:D]

lxi.

Suspended
Sorry for following OT :
@350Z, Can We (I and Saishibu) create a thread in the "Road safety" section related to stunts? Tricks and precautions while stunting?

Cheers.

Maruti 800 upgrade :)

Hi TAI Members,

I own a 2007 Maruti 800. It needs and lot of cosmetic and performance improvement. To start with I want to replace its tyres. I am right now using Brigestone tyres in it. Two are worn out from inside (Don't know why always) though I bought new one. My previous MRF ZVTS were also worn out from inside only. Any problem in car?

I am now planning to either buy a set of four tyres (if advised) or buy two new. For the new one I have decided to buy either Apollo Amazer XL or Brigestone. Further I need some more mod like Power Brake and steering, Central Locking, Power Windows (May be). A rear tray for speakers and AC (I have a standard version).

Please I need the price quote also. Not rich enough to buy every week [roll].

Regards and Respect,
Liquid :)

I have uploaded some images for your reference.

Front tires (Got them swapped with the rear ones), still in good condition.

Rear tires totally worn out from inside

Please suggest me now if it is needed to replace all four tires or only two is also possible. And I have decided either Apollo Amazer XL/MRF ZVTs or Bridgestone s248.

I also thought to buy it online from snapdeal or changemytyre or tyreonwheels OR should I buy it from the market? Please suggest and advice.

Regards and Respect,
LiQuid :)

Change all the tires at a time. Get the suspension & wheel bearings checked. They are the main cause for uneven tire wear.

Get a brake booster installed which will cost you 4500 rs total.
Central locking will start from 3.5 k (autocop).
Power windows - 10 k

A/C I would not recommend because even if you get a new one spending 20k it would not cool the cabin as in other cars. (I have experienced the same).

Thanks Varun for your timely response. I am confused for the tyre brand and the size. I prefer Apollo XL/MRF ZVTS or Bridgestone. Budget is tight around 10k for tyres. And I am currently using 145/80 R12 size. Should I change the size to default 145/70 or this is also ok? Plus there is a sound of "ghaf ghad" everytime from the engine and while driving. I have 3 times rrplacwd the axle (not MGA) still they get damaged. Any problem?

Thanks in advance.
LiQuid

Top Bottom