Maruti 800 Automatic 1988

Thread Starter #64
is still all spare parts are available in local market for 1987 maruti 800 automatic?
Day by Day parts production of T1 800 is getting stopped [cry]
common parts are manufactured and max t2 t3 parts are available in MGP or Local market[glasses]

Regarding Automatic Parts
only on special request order is placed to SGP.. Still they have few parts left
If order is placed particular part will take 1 month or more to Arrive at MGP Store

Last edited:
Boy o Boy! This is the beauty of our Indian Car Scene just When you think you've seen it all and have brushed up your automotive GK then comes a vehicle which challenges all your knowledge about Cars and tells us that there is still much more to explore and learn! Adil brother this has got to be the most unique M800 on the Indian roads right now! So cheers to that! And We would like to be updated more about the technical fronts of the vehicle, ride quality etc!

bhvm

Honoured Member
what is that rust cote?
Some kind of clear varnish/Resin I suppose? But that has made the rust look more ugly I feel. its standing out due to gloss.

Also Please post full pic of the beauty!

what is that rust cote?
Some kind of clear varnish/Resin I suppose? But that has made the rust look more ugly I feel. its standing out due to gloss.

@Bhvm I believe rust converter is supposed to seal the area (chemical conversion to a tougher substance so the rust doesn't spread) and prime it (for painting).

@Adil are you planning to touch up the converted area with paint?

Thread Starter #70
Boy o Boy! This is the beauty of our Indian Car Scene just When you think you've seen it all and have brushed up your automotive GK then comes a vehicle which challenges all your knowledge about Cars and tells us that there is still much more to explore and learn! Adil brother this has got to be the most unique M800 on the Indian roads right now! So cheers to that! And We would like to be updated more about the technical fronts of the vehicle, ride quality etc!
Thanks a Lot[:D]

what is that rust cote?

Its a Rust Converter, used it for the first time.
check this video link for more info on how it works[:)]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lodAfnIbVqM

https://www.theruststore.com/Rust-Converter-FAQs-W48.aspx

@Bhvm I believe rust converter is supposed to seal the area (chemical conversion to a tougher substance so the rust doesn't spread) and prime it (for painting).

@Adil are you planning to touch up the converted area with paint?
You are right @Viru
right now I don't have plan for touch up because soon car exterior will be painted

Adil sir,you have done wonderful job[clap] and turned this vehicle into prestine condition.
For my eyes it looks like a showroom vehicle.

congrats adil bro for keeping this SB308 automatic in pristine condition[clap] .hope your manual SB308 is also mint condtion. its always feel happy when seeing these 80es and 90es cars in mint condtion[:D] .by the way saw a blue SS80 in the above pic near this red SB308? is it also for restortion?[roll]

Last edited:
Mudflaps look really awesome with original finish.[:D]This rust problem is evident in the old cars during the monsoons.Seen that in the Omni too.[frustration]I guess a nice paint touch up would make the surface new.

What a rare car!! Brings back so many memories of learning to drive on my dad's 1988 Maruti 800 Dx. The car and I arrived in the family in 1988 [:D] , so we quite literally grew up together.

Top Bottom