Maruti 800 Air Conditioner (A/C) Problems

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I am facing some strange problem in my 2010 maruti 800 AC. Even though the fresh air vent is closed, somehow, some times outside smell, smell of fumes seeps inside the cabin. Is this due to faulty door rubber seal? Please advice.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Re: Maruti 800 AC issues

Hi Varun,
Thx. My problem is not of the blower. When I passes through a place called "Pacchinaadi" - garbage dumping yard of Mangalore city, (notorious for foul smell in that area) or near fishing dock of " Bunder" area of Mangalore even though with full AC, smell comes inside the car. I think Maruti 800 is not suited for AC since cabin is not fully insulated.[frustration]

As I have mentioned in the above post, our car won't have an cabin filter so you will certainly get the smell from outside..

It's a problem with the fresh/cabin air lever not closing the vent completely. Do you feel any resistance when toggling it's position, if yes something is obstructing it from moving, if not, then the lever has become faulty and not making enough travel so as to close the vent. Do not try any thing on your own as you might induce dashboard rattles, visit MASS and let them have a look.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #6
Re: Maruti 800 AC Problems

Thx Varun and freakdude.
You are right. Earlier fresh air vent lever used to go down automatically when I ride the car on uneven / pothole filled road, thereby allowing outside air enter into the car cabin. This problem was solved when I used some rubber bands to hold the lever in its place. I think doors and rear hatch cover must be the culprits, and all maruti 800s have some gap below the door handles. Will out side air comes through this gap?[confused]

Re: My Modified Maruti 800.

Hi anyone done any modification in 800 A/c..is there any way to increse the A/c cooling in type1 (97 model) 800. Is thr anyway to fix Nano's air conditioner in 800?[evil] Varun request your inputs please

nano A/c in 800?? i guess no. its compressor is in rear and my friends who is using 800(2006 model) says 800's is better than nano's
i heared new model 800 A/c s are very improved than older ones.i didnt driven any new model with A/c. But i felt that Nano cools very faster and it does not makes much effects in drive power.
in my 97 model 800, back seat passengers, does not feels the a/c.i am seriously thinking about changing the car itself due to this non effective A/c.
required expert advise on this.

350Z

Core Team

in my 97 model 800, back seat passengers, does not feels the a/c.i am seriously thinking about changing the car itself due to this non effective A/c. required expert advise on this.
Maruti 800’s air conditioner is not the best but it does the sufficient job of cooling the cabin for me. Lately it was not cooling as efficiently as it used to be though and I figured out that A/C Gas needs to be refilled. Please show your car to a qualified and reliable mechanic, who can diagnose the issues (if any), to make most out of it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

thats the thing you need to do. check your A/C gas pressure. since you say its 1997 model i dont think you must not have repaired / checked its A/C before. so get it checked fully for any leaks or blocks

Before 8 months i had done the gas filling and check up and from last month i felt the cooling is not sufficient. May be due to the hot summer. I had taken the vechicle to the same A/c service technician last wednesday, who is my friend too. He checked and filled some oil and gas. I dont have much knoweldge about the air conditioner. He charged Rs. 350 for this. He tells it is working with out much problems and dont do any thing on it.since it is old model, the engine temp is high compared to new model (i didnt understand this) and it will giv only this much cooling.In my car A/c instead of R12, R 134 gas is using, whether this could reduce the cooling? As per him, in my car R134 gas need to be filled more frequently due to we are using this instead of R12. whether the less usage may be culprit? I had done 7k Km in this last 9 months,40% in A/c. please suggest.

nano A/c in 800?? i guess no. its compressor is in rear and my friends who is using 800(2006 model) says 800's is better than nano's
is that nano compresser is in rear is the real problem to fix it in 800? Is it changing any part of My 800s A/c coluld increase the a/c ?

Mods-is there any way to move my a/c problem to a diff thread? Dont want to disturb Varuns Thread. I didnt find any one mentioning 800 A/c modificaion in the forum

I guess the nano's belts are different so also the mounts..
Why not try Sanden compressor for more cooling.. May be your cooling coil is clogged ? Get it cleaned..

One simple test, start your car, turn on the A/C touch the any one of the AC pipes on the compressor. If it is cold then your AC is working fine..

Top Bottom