Maruti 800 ('92) Fuel Meter Not Working

Thread Starter #1
The fuel meter in my maruti 800 92 make is not working and the service guys at the maruti authorized service center (SAI Service) told me that the same is not available with them and maruti stopped its production. They also told me that it comes as a single unit including speedo meter, Temperature gauge etc. so the new model is not compatible with 92 model even if I change the dash board etc.

So, please let me know if any other way to get the old model, or any other means like fitting an extra fuel meter outside the dash board like the rpm meter. Is fuel meter only units available for maruti 800 as an extra fitting in open market?

350Z

Core Team
Re: Maruti 800 ( 92 Model ) fuel meter not working & replacement not available

You can try souring the assembly from elsewhere outside Maruti Suzuki After Sales. There shouldn’t be a big trouble. Please check with local workshops too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
After market fuel gauge for maruti 800 '92

Is fuel gauge ie. fuel meter for maruti 800 92 model available in after market? I mean as an extra fitting like rpm meter. MASS guys and local workshop guys confirmed that the old model is not available ... so looking for a replacement as an extra fitting..

350Z

Core Team
Threads Merged. Please do not create multiple threads for similar topics. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

New fuel meter for maruti 800 type I

The fuel meter in maruti 800 DX type I is not working and not repairable. When inquired in MAS & local market they informed that its not available and the new model ie. Type 2 wouldn't fit for Type 1.

So, is it possible to get a separate fuel meter as extra fitting like tachometer?
or Any other model fit for old M800?

vinodtrc. Hi, I also own a Maruti 800 1992 model. First of all make sure that it is the meter which is not working and not the sender. If it is the sender, Its a cheap fix and is available in MGP.
If it's the cluster, AFAIK, instrument cluster is still an open part in MGP. Costs 1.5k or so. Contact the mgp dealer in your city to confirm.
If at all it is not available, you can easily get a cluster from scrapyard.
Last resort, get a T2 dash and cluster from scrapyard or new, fix it. T2 dash and cluster, together is straight fit in 92 model T1.

vinodtrc. Hi, I also own a Maruti 800 1992 model. First of all make sure that it is the meter which is not working and not the sender. If it is the sender, Its a cheap fix and is available in MGP.
If it's the cluster, AFAIK, instrument cluster is still an open part in MGP. Costs 1.5k or so. Contact the mgp dealer in your city to confirm.
If at all it is not available, you can easily get a cluster from scrapyard.
Last resort, get a T2 dash and cluster from scrapyard or new, fix it. T2 dash and cluster, together is straight fit in 92 model T1.
Today, the SAI Maruti Authorized Service Center confirmed that maruti stopped the production of Type-I cluster instruments, and only the Cluster Body is available on demand. They also informed that Type-2 instruments are not suitable for Type-I.
Everything is available in aftermarket but not Fuel Meter [confused]

I would advice you to search for a good condition T1 cluster in scrapyard and swap it. You will get a good condition second cluster within Rs 700- 800.
Else get second hand or new T2 dash and cluster. This setup is a direct fix.
If you see Anand's thread (SS80), he had some issues fixing a T2 cluster in T1 dash, that is why i am advising you for either a second hand T1 cluster or a complete T2 setup (dash and cluster).

Top Bottom