Maruti 800 1992 Model Restoration

ASIR- Here is the total price breakup-
Denting and painting- Rs 35000
Spare parts- Rs 6000
Wiring- Rs 2700
Lubricants- Rs 2200
Seat- Rs 3000
TOTAL- Rs 48900
Sumit, that's good. Get alloys for your beauty. It will surely increase the profile of ur car.

Thread Starter #47
Thanks a lot Asir, our main motive was to get the car in complete stock condition. I think 800 looks best in its stock condition that's why we didn't go for alloys.[;)]

@sumitsinha12:Great job.Hats off to your dad and the awesome mechanic.Wish there were a lot more mechanics like him.

What a thorough job he has done.[clap][thumbswink]

Congratulations on getting your car back to all its glory.

@ sumit: congrats man. I too had a used 2006 800 mpfi.we bought in hurry in 2010 and had no much knowledge in inspecting car while taking and got cheated.. It break downed freeguently and we were fed up.. But i loved that car and were proud.. It had following complaints
1: oil leaked from crankshaft bearing due to weared bearing(need overhauling)
2: starting problem when condeser gets heated up after a run.
3: hole on the floor
4: lot of rust
it clocked only 50000 km when we got and we driven 20000 in 3 years..
I have plan on rebuilting it but my father and sisters were not interested in it so we took a used alto k10 in good condition..

Varun- The engine is not overhauled,only the fly wheel bearing is changed. The engine was surprisingly in good condition. The car has clocked 4,10,000 km and the engine is overhauled twice before.
82 days of hardwork, and the final product looks amazingly great! Kudos for the great love for your car![clap]

Thread Starter #55
@fayizct Thanks a lot man. Please rebuild your maruti 800 soon and do post it on the forum.
It's really fun to see your car being restored in its former glory.
For your car I would suggest you to get the engine and condenser problem rectified at an authorised service centre and for body work get hold of a good tinker. Getting the body work at a local service centre will save you a lot of cash.
Good luck for your restoration.

You are lucky bro,to get back your old love back after years.Just one word "keep Loving".
Congrats for that,keep loving.Your posts is just holding me back from selling my old 1994 modified Omni.

@Sumit, I respect your dad's decision to get your car back. And i respect your interest you have in your car. The pictures you posted explained more than words.
Above all, you are lucky to get a responsible mechanic.

Top Bottom