Maruti’s New Ace Card – Jimny To Hit Indian Shores?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Ever since the information of Mahindra’s Compact Xylo-Version has hit the media headlines, of late, the rumours of other auto-manufacturers following same trend have begin to float around too. India’s leading Auto Manufacturer – Maruti Suzuki is said to be soon releasing the Mini-SUV – Jimny, that will compete with Premier Rio and likes. There is no solid confirmation about the launch or pricing yet, however, we will keep you posted as and when more details emerge out. Until then, have a look at the pictures of this small wonder, which appears to be pretty practical and of course, a lot more reliable than Rio.

suzuki-jimny-1.jpg

Suzuki-Jimny-2.jpg

58136suz-.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
One request: Please avoid posting one-liners. In future, they will be simply cleared.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good that Suzuki is now thinking in the lines of variety & taste of the Indian customers, but my point of view, they might be mistaking if this 3-door car is lanuched as such.

I mean, the Indian market is not ready yet for the 3-door concept fully is my idea.

The Sierra being a wonderful style icon of its time did not fare well; one of the major reasons being a 3-door concept.

Secondly, Diesel has become the mantra of the day and Suzuki should have a torquey diesel engine in the offering.

These two things if done, Suzuki would have their first winner in the segment.

Looks pretty good, not sure if it would come by 2012. I feel they would wait for Mahindra Mini SUV to launch. See if its a success and then launch Jimny with a petrol engine... My feeling thats it...

This is good! But they should launch it in a diesel avatar! The main reason for Vitara not doing good is its petrol engine. A good torquey diesel engine and an affordable price tag will do wonders for Maruti.

AMG

Suspended
This car will be an epic failure as it is neither good off road, nor is spacious.

Just look at the rear seat.

I dont get it why Maruti is launching it here? [frustration]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
I have previously spotted some second hand Jimnys for sale in Delhi. The car has dimensions as much as of a PAL Rio. It looks good and with the image of Maruti Suzuki in hand, the chances of success are high. However, Two-door cars have never been a success-story in India. So, I seriously hope that the company would not repeat the mistake (Like 2-Door Zen), and rather bring the 4-door version of Jimny, which will be a lot more spacious as well as practical alternative.

jimny4doors.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey! that one looks very much like hummer from side. is it only me everybody feel same?? anyways, 4 door version + diesel + price under 6 lakhs + spl. features + maruit suzuki = meaning success!! [clap]

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
A sudden update – Maruti could be considering to replace our good ol’ Gypsy with Jimny in India.

We’re looking at how to strengthen our portfolio and are identifying new gaps. We’re actively looking at the small SUV space. This will have to be a four-door diesel model, as a petrol two-door SUV will not click with the Indian consumer. We’re working on an almost new concept for this.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom