Maruit Ritz VDI 35k+ Long Term Update

Thread Starter #16
nice ownership report.

though rear is bit cramped ritz have better ride quality than swift may be due to softer suspensions hence the body roll .

i wonder why there is so much of engine noise comparitively .this car also uses same mutlijet engine is'nt it?
anyway average of 19 with full ac is mouth watering.

ps:picture could have been better i wish i could see your head unit and ice setup more clearly

wishing you the best.
As promised a new pic of ice setup

Attachments

Iam having one query, though both Tata's and Maruti's share the same heart.... our national engine, then why is the oil change interval for Tata Vista QJD is not matching with Ritz DDIS or swift DDIS. Oil change for my Vista QJD is at 10, 000 KM. I have completed already 7000KM in almost 8 months. The TASS dealer mentioned that they are using synthetic oil as Original oil.

Iam having one query, though both Tata's and Maruti's share the same heart.... our national engine, then why is the oil change interval for Tata Vista QJD is not matching with Ritz DDIS or swift DDIS. Oil change for my Vista QJD is at 10, 000 KM. I have completed already 7000KM in almost 8 months. The TASS dealer mentioned that they are using synthetic oil as Original oil.
buddy i think because both are tuned differently! hope technical gurus can answer better than me!!!

Thread Starter #19
AFAIK the synthetic oil change interval is indeed 10000 kms minerals 5k kms.

@ Fusion Defusion No buddy most of the cars using synthetic oils have the service intervals for every 15k kms for example all Fiat , Skoda and VW cars and still many more. Mineral oil most manufacturers mention oil needs to be changed every 10k kms.

Thread Starter #21
Well we will carry out the oil discussion somewhere else. An update from me. Tires are having minute bulges on the wall. Is it serious? all of them, the tread is nice no other problems with the tires just worried about these bulges. The puncture wala says it is manufacturing defect, not to hit his tremendous experience with tires, but i beg to disagree with him.

Thread Starter #23
fd, pics please..problems with tyres can be anything from ordinary to extra ordinary.
If only i have a good camera [frustration], i will try to post but cannot guarantee that you can see them. It's more like, can be felt better by hand rather than actually looking at it.

Well we will carry out the oil discussion somewhere else. An update from me. Tires are having minute bulges on the wall. Is it serious? all of them, the tread is nice no other problems with the tires just worried about these bulges. The puncture wala says it is manufacturing defect, not to hit his tremendous experience with tires, but i beg to disagree with him.
Tyre buldge may occur due to various reason like manufacturing defect, heavy impact on the side walls, or a damaged rim. Post some pics of the buldge.

Ritz diesel Rocks.[clap] keep going. Friend, what's the milage you are getting even after 35k[lol]
Hope you had great time with ritz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #26
Tyre buldge may occur due to various reason like manufacturing defect, heavy impact on the side walls, or a damaged rim. Post some pics of the buldge.
But how come manufacturing defect occured after 38k kms? I will try to post the pictures.

Ritz diesel Rocks.[clap] keep going. Friend, what's the milage you are getting even after 35k[lol]
Hope you had great time with ritz.
Fuel Efficiency(All figures with A/C On always)
Worst: 15kpl (All city)
Average: 19 kpl (City+Highway)
Best : 23.46 kpl (Purely Highway)

But how come manufacturing defect occured after 38k kms? I will try to post the pictures.
I have mentioned the major causes of the buldge, and not specifically the cause of your problem. It may have occurred due to the any of the mentioned reasons listed in my previous post, but before reaching to any conclusion i would first like to have a look at the image of the tyre.

Fuel Efficiency(All figures with A/C On always)
Worst: 15kpl (All city)
Average: 19 kpl (City+Highway)
Best : 23.46 kpl (Purely Highway)
Some excellent FE figures out there[clap]. I would be happy if our Civic delivers the figure which is specified under your cars worst efficiency[lol].

Thread Starter #28
I have mentioned the major causes of the buldge, and not specifically the cause of your problem. It may have occurred due to the any of the mentioned reasons listed in my previous post, but before reaching to any conclusion i would first like to have a look at the image of the tyre.
Ofcourse it may occur for any other reason and not specifically this. As I have said earlier, I cannot guarantee a quality pic as I have only my mobile as a source and on top of that they can be felt by rather touching and not seeing.

Some excellent FE figures out there[clap]. I would be happy if our Civic delivers the figure which is specified under your cars worst efficiency[lol].
Ya but i don't have the power of civic [:)]

Tyre bulges can happen due to manufacturing defect after anytime i guess. I think your warranty too must have expired by now , else you could have claimed it.

I happened to see an i20 with Apollo Acellere's with bulges in the sidewall while i was fixing my puncture at a shop. He also said its manufacturing defect only. His car looked old and the tread was worn out a bit.

Buddy, how was the tire buldge issue rectified? Also do post some updates along with some pictures of your ride.

Top Bottom