Manjusha Vintage Car Museum, Dharmasthala

Thread Starter #1
@ Mods sine this is not a complete travelogue, i am posting it here. if not appropriate kindly move the thread.

Last December we went to Mookambika Temple. on our return we visited the Dharmasthala.

There is a Vintage car museum there owned by Dr. D. Veerendra Heggade. the entry fee is Rs. 3. unfortunately they do not permit photography inside the museum. and i don't like to break rules. so i just purchased a book containing the details of the cars inside. been a little lazy that's why the delay in posting this. not posting all of them, only a few.

i will scan and post the next set in a few days.

Dr. Veerendra Heggade with his cars.
22.jpg 24.jpg

vintage beauties
adler.jpg ambulance.jpg austin.jpg benz_1926.jpg chevy.jpg fiat.jpg fiat-25.jpg frazer.jpg jeep.jpg morris.jpg opel.jpg packard.jpg plymouth.jpg rolls24.jpg skoda.jpg stud.jpg sunbeam.jpg vaux.jpg yaz.jpg

The cars are well-maintained and still taken for vintage rallies. while we were there a 54 Dodge convertible was driven into the yard and a demo was given for the visitors.

Last edited:
Re: Manjusha Car Museum

Thank's for posting it here buddy, we make a trip to Dharmasthala once a year and visiting this museum is always a part of the plan

350Z

Core Team
Re: Manjusha Vintage Car Museum

There is a Vintage car museum there owned by Dr. D. Veerendra Heggade. the entry fee is Rs. 3. unfortunately they do not permit photography inside the museum. and i don't like to break rules.
Thanks, Kannan, for the efforts to scan these images for us. The entry fee is negligible though I wish if photography was permitted. I have been to a few vintage car museums and rallies. It’s always such a delight to watch these cars all in their glory. I’m sure your visit to this museum was worth it. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Thanks, Kannan, for the efforts to scan these images for us. The entry fee is negligible though I wish if photography was permitted. I have been to a few vintage car museums and rallies. It’s always such a delight to watch these cars all in their glory. I’m sure your visit to this museum was worth it. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes it was a wonderful experience. i think they have set some kind of entry fee just to restrict access. both the car museum and the antique museum has very low entry fee. i have seen the smiles on the school children (on tour) entering both the museums. otherwise any body can wander in. Also they are very strict about photography.

i got friendly with an official, at first he was very hostile thinking that i want to take photos or enter a car. but later on he became chatty. he told me that their best was a 54 Cadillac (auto transmission, power windows etc).

he said that they are trying very hard to keep up the condition of the cars. while we were talking a young man tried to enter a Beetle. the official panicked and ran up to the person and very rudely asked him to leave the museum. then he carefully examined the car to make sure that all is well.

they do welcome true enthusiasts.

Thank you Kannan. Fantastic write up. where is this museum in Dharmasthala? Near the temple OR should we take a deviation from temple?
for the car museum, if my memory is correct, you have to right after you exit the temple, then comes a guest house (vaishali not sure) any way you walk till a left curve and you can reach there, sorry not accurate. we could not spent much time there because my daughter (just 1.3 then) was very upset and crying. and i can't find that in maps also.

attaching a few snaps outside the museum

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
they do welcome true enthusiasts.
Good to hear that since the museum is itself owned by an enthusiast. I can understand the reason for not letting the visitors to touch the cars but they could have done something about photography. Perhaps for an additional fee as in case with several other museums.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom