Maintaining Your Honda Jazz

Thread Starter #1
Honda Jazz has been considered one of the best hatchbacks in the country and is also a successful car globally. The pre-2011 models used to come with default 2 + 2 years warranty, however in the current model, you have to buy the extra warranty.

This thread is for those Jazz owners (like myself), who would like to maintain their own cars by themselves (without voiding warranty) either because the parts in question are not available with the HASS or are charged exorbitantly or plainly because HASS does not seem interested in rectifying the problem/issue.

The idea for this thread came to me when I had requested my local HASS for rear wiper blade replacement during the routine six monthly servicing.

My Jazz is nearly 3 years old and my rear wiper had splitted from both ends. I generally do not use the rear wiper that much however thought better to have it replaced, since mistakenly I may turn it on and scratch the glass. It was March and HASS personnel replied that rear wipers are in short supply and I have to order it, which I did. Nothing turned up in the next two months, except promises.

Now that monsoon was approaching, I decided to actively get involved tried sourcing the wipers from the Internet (eBay etc.). Prices for rear wiper only came to about 14 pounds which according to me were quite expensive. Decided to investigate in the local market too.

The three wipers in the Jazz are of different sizes: the two at the front are 26 inch (actually 25.5 inch) and 14 inch and that at the rear is 14 inch. On searching I found that Jazz wiper blades are not available in the market. Other Honda vehicles are available easily (City etc., even Brio), but not Jazz. Also 26 inch wipers are rare (even for other vehicles - Jazz has a huge windscreen). Wiper refills (as generally available in US) are also a rarity here.

The only option is to buy generic wipers from the market (for the above given sized) and replace the rubber blades your self. Its a quite easy task -- you only need to carefully coax the rubber out of the anchor clip at one end and the rest slides out easily.
Inserting is even easier ... just slide in the blade (with the two steel side guides in place) so that the anchor clip just hold one end...stopping the blade from sliding out).

Total cost:
26 inch wiper : Rs.200/-
14 inch wiper: Rs. 80/-

Sourced them from Mullick bazar in Kolkata.

Hope this helps other owners with the same problem as mine.

Jazz itself is in short supply & hence its parts too are following suit it seems. Since profit margins are slim in Jazz, Honda is not too bothered about Jazz & its parts. They are concentrating on Brio & City. The New Civic launch too has been called off unless & until the diesel engine comes to India.
But on the whole good job done. Have you done any mods to your car? Any pics?

Thread Starter #3
Jazz itself is in short supply & hence its parts too are following suit it seems. Since profit margins are slim in Jazz, Honda is not too bothered about Jazz & its parts. They are concentrating on Brio & City. The New Civic launch too has been called off unless & until the diesel engine comes to India.
But on the whole good job done. Have you done any mods to your car? Any pics?
Hi Jazzy, no mods yet as such except the few maintenance here and there. But have plans for:
1) Fitting cargo light (pre-2011 versions did not have these, though had lighted door sill guard
2) Back spoiler (generally goes for Rs.5000/- on Ebay US, shipped from Thailand/China)

Also have fitted JDM style red emblem on the steering wheel and done the normal 3M under-body coat (required), Waxoyl Paint treatment (not mandatory for new vehicles), Waxoyl Inner panel protection (absolutely required for Honda vehicles).

Had initially thought of fitting parking sensor but then never really felt the need as it offers great all round visibility.

Have thought of fitting GPS navigator multiple times, but have not so far either due to lack of choice, where to fit (driver side small triangular glass seems to be a good spot) and off course vitamin M. Google Map on my phone also takes care in most cases.

The magic seats are a boon and a curse. When unfolding them from the straight position, do them gently. Don't just drop them on to the clasp on the floor. With time they will become loose and develop a irritating rattle. HASS would only tape them up with black tape (very good at that), but would not solve the problem.
You need to take off the plastic cover, and squeeze the iron prongs (these catch the seat legs/rods) so that the initial tension is restored.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom