Mahindra's New Micro SUV Named KUV100

Re: Mahindra Compact SUV Codenamed S101

Oh !! It looks like Quantos brother from some angles and from side angle it looks "Mahindra Swift " to me[lol]
If its like either of them the product is doomed![lol] The shape frankly looks like those Diesel three wheeler autos which also seats six people! [;)]
Guys I think we need to hold on , its just a prototype we don't even know how the design will look finally so I think its too early to pass any kind of judgement .

More better the design , more better the competition , more better the competition much better choice for the consumer .

All the best to mahindra hope they design this in new edge style and don't go over the top .

^^^ Well said.

If you check out the grooves for the headlights, it is similar to the rendering we have seen. And the rendering shows a very well styled car. Lets see what's in store. I expect a good looking car with a lot of nasty and unwanted make-up!

Those lights are just for testing purposed i guess, the design has taken a lot of inspiration from XUV, this might be the entry level hatch or SUV or some UV for Mahindra.

Spied – Mahindra S101

The Mahindra S101 has entered its initial testing phase.The spyshots reveal the dashboard partially but don’t get excited for it’s fully disguised, just like the exterior.

Except the instrument cluster, everything else is hidden under a thick disguise. As far as we can see there are three dials in the instrument console with the centre one being prominent. The design is simple and conventional but it’s unclear whether these instruments sport a finalized design or a makeshift design for testing.

Coming to the exterior, the S101 still continues with incomplete body parts to keep us guessing. However, the recent test mules get front bumpers, earlier missing in the first prototypes.

The compact SUV gets a slit like front grill which mimics that of the Ford EcoSport. If the test mule is anything to go by, the lower air dam sports a twin port design. The headlamp design has a semicircular profile in its lower part but again we are not sure whether its a decoy or the original design.

The Mahindra S101 will be a sub four metre SUV which would have petrol and diesel motors that comply with the Indian government’s sub four metre rule. The car is still in early stages of its development process and hence is still sometime away from hitting the road.

The SUV will pickup a fight with the Ford EcoSport and the upcoming Hyundai mini SUV.

Mahindra S101's interior partially revealed

Attachments

Seems surprisingly well proportioned for a Mahindra! I think I love the way the new headlights have been designed and love the triple slat grille with its unique mesh design.

I have always wished M&M gets a better design department, I think they heard us... fingers crossed.

Spied – Mahindra S101

The Mahindra S101 has entered its initial testing phase.The spyshots reveal the dashboard partially but don’t get excited for it’s fully disguised, just like the exterior.

The SUV will pickup a fight with the Ford EcoSport and the upcoming Hyundai mini SUV.

Mahindra S101's interior partially revealed
The pics posted here feels like they are testing the engine first and then design the body, currently it looks ugly/

According to somebody in mahindra, W6 of Xuv500 will launch with a decent features list but a less powerfull engine with the pricing of higher varients of ecosport. He claims to have learnt this at a recent XUV cum Rexton Training.
So they must be developing a new engine for the scorpio and w4

Last edited:

This is the latest rendering of the S101 -

Falls more in line with the pics of the prototypes seen on the road, I mean the cuts and shapes of the headlights, grille, creases, etc.

Source: Mentioned in the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why cant we design anything with decent sized wheels ? the Xylo would be so much better looking if it had bigger wheels to give it a better stance, I hate these tiny wheels.

Mahindra S101 compact SUV test ends in rollover and crash

Mahindra S101 compact SUV test ends in rollover and crash
by Nabanita Singha Roy

Pictures of the soon to be launched Mahindra S101 compact SUV have been revealed. The model, which should come in at a base price of INR 5 lakhs, has been sighted on test in a number of locations though heavily camouflaged.

Mahindra‘s compact SUV that has oft been spotted on test runs has now taken a tumble. Quite literally so. Mahindra S101 will measure under 4 meters in length ensuring a favourable price tag, a dilemma that has plagued M&M since the Union Budget this year.
While Mahindra sells the highest number of SUV’s in India, it surely looks like a lot of testing remains with a rollover like this. The heavily camoflouged SUV does wear a wide front grille.

The test mule from Mahindra, code named as on date S101 tested for a rollover and crash somewhere in the Nilgiri ghats. The rollover resulted in some vehicle damage, a crowd of curious onlookers, and these photographs. M&M well versed in styling rough and rugged SUVs has gone a step further in the design of this upcoming model. To have higher ground clearance and high riding stance which are must see features to tackle Indian road conditions, the new Mahindra SUV should also possess higher centers of gravity.

Mahindra’s S101 is expected to be cheapest SUV in the company lineup and will come in at a price tag that will even rival B Segment hatchbacks. It will possess seating capacity for upto 6 adults, while it will be powered by a 1.5 liter twin turbo diesel engine also seen on board the Quanto. Mahindra is also developing a 1.2 liter petrol engine with SsangYong which may make its way into the S101.

Read more at Mahindra S101 compact SUV test ends in rollover and crash | Rush Lane

Attachments

This was expected when you design a contraption with high ground clearance and a short wheel base.Can't they just bring out a proper vehicle instead of chasing the less than 4 metre class.Reminds me of farmers in my place jumping on to ginger and vanilla farming en masse and getting everyone into trouble.

Top Bottom