Mahindra's New Micro SUV Named KUV100

Re: Mahindra Compact SUV Codenamed S101

Don't you guys feel that they're making something like an final year engineering project?

Jokes apart, but this 6 seating concept is somewhat good and bad IMO. good for people who are capacity conscious and bad for people who looks for a personal vehicle.

But why should they bring this when they have the Quanto already?

quanto was a stop gap arrangement meant just to fill the void at the price point. They too know that quanto has some drawbacks when compared to the likes of the duster or the ecosport.

So their line of thinking is right. Their execution needs to be seen though.

For seating, i have a feeling they may have flexible seating options. 5 or 6 seaters.
I for one would want the 5 seater just for the captain seats upfront.

When was the last time we saw a passenger car with a bench in front? This is stupidity. The bench is not safe at all (in crash situation ie).

I think they are experimenting various options. I would be surprised to see the bench make its way into production.

When was the last time we saw a passenger car with a bench in front? This is stupidity.
I prefer to call it radical thinking. Squeezing in a extra passenger, a child if not an adult, by moving the gear lever to the dash is not stupid in any ways.

Doing things differently is not being stupid.

The bench is not safe at all (in crash situation ie).
If provided with a proper seat belt, why would the bench seat in front be unsafe? And I am sure the middle passenger would have a seat belt of his own.

I think they are experimenting various options. I would be surprised to see the bench make its way into production.
I think they should offer both options - 5 seater and 6 seater. Having a 6 seater vehicle in this price range would be a USP as there is literally no competition in this segment.

@raj,

Its near impossible to provide a 3 point belt for the middle passenger. Radical thinking at the expense of safety is stupidity.

@raj,

Its near impossible to provide a 3 point belt for the middle passenger. Radical thinking at the expense of safety is stupidity.
Yes, a lap belt can be provided. But how many will even wear it, considering its not visible to the cops?

We all like talking about safety. How many of us wear seat belts in the rear seats? Be honest. Why do we buy seven seater cars with side facing seats in the boot? Or for that matter, seats in the boot? Why do we even buy cars without ABS and Airbags?

Even if someone is highly safety conscious, just because it is a lap belt and not a 3 point belt, they cannot just immediately dismiss it off by calling it unsafe.

Anyways, point here is that M&M should sell both variants. Let the consumer decide whether he wants the comfort and safety of a 5 seater or the utility of a 6 seater.

Last edited:

Anyways, point here is that M&M should sell both variants. Let the consumer decide whether he wants the comfort and safety of a 5 seater or the utility of a 6 seater.
If i would have been in the position to buy one, it's definitely going to be a 6 seater, not because its a 6 seater, but from the utility point of view and at times a friend or family members just jumps in, and do we always drive with all the seats occupied?

If i would have been in the position to buy one, it's definitely going to be a 6 seater, not because its a 6 seater, but from the utility point of view and at times a friend or family members just jumps in, and do we always drive with all the seats occupied?
Exactly my point. There is always a market for such utility vehicles, especially at this price point... simply because there are no other options.

Thread Starter #54

Exactly my point. There is always a market for such utility vehicles, especially at this price point... simply because there are no other options.
At this price point? Do we know what they plan to sell at? or is it just speculation going around ?[:)]

At this price point? Do we know what they plan to sell at? or is it just speculation going around ?[:)]
I think the basic purpose to leave this in the market is to capture people who goes for an sporty hatch who alongside want a sporty(mostly ugly by mahindra) SUVish looks with some amount of utility which works in India.
By this the pricing would be around 5-7 lakhs with petrol and diesel option.

Perfect to call UV isn't it? [clap]

Since there are targeting a sub-4m length and a small 1.5 engine to get excise duty benefits, we can assume it to be in the range of 5-7 Lacs. Of course, its a guess and not officially announced.

Oh !! It looks like Quantos brother from some angles and from side angle it looks "Mahindra Swift " to me[lol]

Thread Starter #59

Oh !! It looks like Quantos brother from some angles and from side angle it looks "Mahindra Swift " to me[lol]
If its like either of them the product is doomed![lol] The shape frankly looks like those Diesel three wheeler autos which also seats six people! [;)]

Last edited:

Headlight/ taillight is clearly not original... back bumper is broken or intentionally broken.. hmm nothing much to see I guess

Top Bottom