Mahindra's New Micro SUV Named KUV100

Screenshots from a video of KUV100 with different combination of accessories. Once again it seems Mahindra will be able to convince people on accepting its design language as it did before with the XUV500.

Attachments

Friends,

Sharing with you all on TAI the Exclusive pics of KUV-1OO with Armor Kit on K8 Model.

View attachment 190771

Normal KUV-1OO Diesel

View attachment 190787

Sharing of the above pics needs full credit to TAI.

Regards

Akash
Kya baat hai @Akash a Chammak Challo KUV1OO, even with so much Gahana only looks a decked up bride.

regards

vinod

man... what hideous blings added. Why cant they do a little bit sober work of adding accessories?
Probably MnM have read indian minds better and clearly they know that, major people would opt for these blings. Looking at XUV, I am pretty much sure that this Blingy beast will clock very good numbers for MnM.

I had read a lot of comments about the vehicle. Lets forget for a moment what it is being called / etc.

If I do look at it as just a hatchback / car, it does look macho with that muscled bonnet. Headlamps are done nicely. The slash above the rear wheel arches do look nice. Rear lamps are designed well. Yes, styling is a bit overdone, as usual by M&M. Too much black on the front. Rear door handle on the C Pillar. Hatch looking rear.

Seat cushions are long, providing good thigh support. Good knee / leg / head room. Lots of storage spaces / cubby holes.

But overall in my opinion, it does look different & I like it.

With ABS & EBD as standard across all variants, I am sure if I am looking for a car with 5-6L as budget, I will definitely test drive it.

This is going to be a milestone for M&M for their entry into this segment. I am sure they have turned a leaf.

They have definitely raised my curiosity. I have to test drive it, whether I buy or not.

As always overdone vehicle from mahindra. Today visited showroom to see vehicle in person & had to admit it looks better than pics. There are many parts which seems odd, specially gap between headlight & bonnet. But there are many more things which are great like 6 seater is not a actual 6 seater but that seat can be used as arm rest for first row, second row seating is comfortable, plastic quality for interior & exterior quality is damn good. KUV1OO looks stunning in person.
Adding pics clicked at showroom.

Attachments

Visited Mahindra CAI showroom to have a look at the KUV hatchback.
Here's my brief preview:

EXTERIORS:
1. Although looks awful in pics, the car looks much better in real except for the hideous front.
2. Rear looks sporty and likeable.
3. Side profile is messed up by the bonnet height and length. A bit more raked bonnet would have looked better.
4. Oh I still don't like the ugly and overdone front. Bumper looks like that of a truck.
5. The wheels are puny and 16 inchers would have done a bit of justice.
6. Alloy design is cool. Would look great if coated with matte grey or black.

INTERIOR:
1. Although having a dominance of Grey and greige, Piano black and chrome touches make the cabin look better.
2. Dashboard and steering wheel are squished so closely on the firewall and windscreen.
3. Plastic quality for the most part is quite acceptable. Quality on top portion of the dash and door-pads are good while those lower down are not so good.
4. Greige on the dash-top could affect visibility in sunlight.
5. Gear-lever, mounted on the console is quite easy to access and the gear-shifts are crisp too!
6. However the unconventional layout of the console makes the AC controls a bit far away.
7. AC control knobs feel good. The AC vents are of good quality and each vent can be shut off as well. Power window and mirror buttons/ knobs are of good quality.
8. LOTS of storage spaces, cup/bottle holders and cubbyholes.
9. Storage compartment under the rear floor and the storage basket under the front "combined seat" are quite innovative and useful.
10. That storage basket is available only on the 6-seat models. It can easily hold 2 Tupperware 750 ml bottles.
11. Steering wheel quality is very good. But the wiper/light control stalks are of cheap quality.
12. Handbrake accessibility and functionality is fine for those who have driven the old MUVs,
13. Front seats have good cushioning and are comfortable. Though I would have liked adjustable lumbar support.
14. Height, recline and slide adjustment levers are well engineered and have good range of adjustment.
15. The steering wheel adjustment has good range too, but even the lowest position is quite perfect for most driving positions and I felt no need to move it further up. The highest position is too high.
16. Non adjustable seat-belts are not so good for this price.
17. The front middle seat is usable only by thin people or kids under 10.
18. The middle seat folds down to function as a lovely armrest it is very comfy. the angle can be adjusted too.
19. However with the middle seat upright, the rear seat feels claustrophobic, adding to the small rear windows. AC flow could become a problem as well.
20. The rear seats have good space with me in the driver seat. (I'm 5'10") They have good thigh support and shoulder support. However, the rear seat itself is flat and doesn't have adequate side contours.
21. Rear headrests are quite comfortable and soft.
22. Rear armrest is quite wide and comfy as well. Armrests on the doors are fabric padded and are comfy as well.
23. The front seats have a small cavity in them to improve visibility from the rear seat.
24. The front doors have quite wide opening while the rear doors aren't that wide. However it is easy to get in.
25. The overall flooring is FLAT, be it on the front as well as in the rear. 3rd person in the rear seat is not squeezed as much.

STORAGE AND PRACTICALITY:
Adding to the abundance of storage places in the car, the boot is of a "respectable for hatchback" standards at 240 liters. However the loading lip is too high and the opening is narrow. So loading the boot as well as removing the full-size spare tire is not an easy process.

BUILD QUALITY AND STRENGTH:
1. I was in for quite a surprise as I was expecting heavy doors and handle and the doors were quite very light. Lighter than those of my Ertiga.
2. Strength of the body panels and bumpers are comparable to those of the New Figo. Much lighter than those of the XUV.

SAFETY:
1. ABS and EBD standard on all variants. Dual airbags optional on all variants![clap]
2. The middle front seat is quite very unsafe for anyone seated in it. The sales executive started justifying it's presence and safety like, "Most people don't wear seatbelts. It is approved by the govt. rules, blah, blah."
3. No airbags for the for middle passenger and only lap belt. So I don't recommend it to be used for seating people. Best used as a lovely armrest.

PRICING AND VALUE:
Petrol models ranging from 5.2L to 7.05L.
Diesel models ranging from 6.2L to 8.06L.
There is nothing much unique about this car apart from the seating options. This pricing seems a bit high for the equipment and quality it offers. Going by the reviews, the engine performance isn't that great as well, so I don't think this will make a dent on the Grand i10 and the compact sedans.

Other points:
1. Will be test driving both, the petrol and diesel models soon. Drive review will be online then.
2. Can't comment about the audio system quality as I didn't use it.
3. The boot of the Red display car wasn't opening. Probably jammed.
4. The Executive said that the wheels can be upgraded to 16" possibly. After-market of course.

Attaching few pics: SORRY FOR POOR QUALITY.

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Today I have driven both KUV-1OO Petrol and Diesel and in this chill weather only I know how this TD was conducted:biggrin: A Big thanks to Mr. Tapesh of Noida Mahindra Dealer for accompanying me for the Test Drive and being really involved with the photoshoot. This upcoming review (will be up in 24 hours) would be by my standards and from TAI's laid protocols, the longest review.[cheers] After doing this review of the Kreatively Unique Vehicle today, my present condition is like as seen below!! So, friends, see you all after 24 hours, once I complete this review. Thanks to all of you for giving constant motivation to me.

19552742-tired.jpg

Regards

Akash

Have given my best to make the UGLY, blown hatchback KUV to look better as at-least a Crossover:
Have attached the original car image for comparison:
How about blackening the A pillar a la Swift. May be it will lose that cartoonish look in the side profile.

Kuv100 has been able to increase curiosity level of many people. Many people wants to see the car in person & are the view that it looks good in flesh.

The interior gives mixed feelings. Some parts looks good. The driver handrest is biiiig. I hope it will definitely be comfortable for both driver and the co passenger without much elbowing. The alloys look classy. Eagerly waiting for the test drive report by Akash.

Seems KUV have recieved close to 60,000 enquiries. That is a great way to start. So people are only wanting to have a butch look car what ever that is called a Cross / SUV/ Mini SUV it doesnt matter to Aam junta. It is we autohead who have objection to the vehicle that is categorised as an SUV or Crosss or hatch or whatever.
If it looks like SUV and is cheap then it has to be purchase. Said that, MnM have not only successfully foreyed in the small car segment but also has a winner like Kwid giving hyundai and maruti a reality jolt. Dont know what will happen to Classy looking suave Zica.

Top Bottom