Mahindra Xylo: Now in Diamond White + Other Updates.

350Z

Core Team
Official Press Release

Here's Official Press Release from Mahindra Auto -:

Synopsis:

• Mahindra launches the XYLO D2 with fuel efficient 2.5 litre mDI CRDe engine
  • New engine combines the best of DI & CRDe technology:
  • Excellent power & torque
  • Enhanced fuel efficiency of 13 kmpl
  • Low maintenance & spare parts cost
  • Low emissions
  • Lower NVH levels
  • The XYLO’s proposition of style, space & comfort continues with the D2:
- Surround Cool dual ACs

- Power Steering

- Power Windows

- Transponder-based Immobilizer

- Height adjustable driver’s seat

• Available in three elegant shades – Gold Shimmer, Mist Silver, Fiery Black

November 16, 2009, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), India’s undisputed market leader in utility vehicles, today launched the XYLO D2 a new variation of its best selling XYLO vehicle. Equipped with a new 2.5 litre mDI CRDe engine, the XYLO D2 offers excellent power and torque and a excellent mileage of 13 kmpl.

“The XYLO D2’s mDI CRDe engine offers the best of both the trusted DI and the new advanced CRDe technology. This includes greater fuel efficiency, lower maintenance and spare parts cost and decreased emissions and NVH levels. These advantages coupled with more power and torque and the XYLO’s value proposition of space and comfort, make the D2 ideal for long journeys,” said Mr. Vivek Nayer, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.

mDI CRDe – the best of both worlds

At the heart of the XYLO D2 is the mDI CRDe engine which combines the benefits of both DI and CRDe technology. These include enhanced fuel efficiency, decreased maintenance and spares costs and low emissions and NVH levels.

This technologically superior engine complies with BS 3 emission norms and delivers a power-packed 95 bhp with 22 kilogram meter torque over a range of 1400 to 2600 rpm. When a burst of power is needed, the top mounted intercooler delivers. Dual pilot injection increases the XYLO's drivability scores, while advanced engine damping, hydraulic lash adjustor technology and auto tensioner ensure minimum service frequency and a pleasurable drive. On a long drive, you can zip down the straights with the long wheelbase and multi-link suspension keeping the XYLO composed and rock steady. The vehicle also tackles sharp bends effortlessly and skirts bumps with ease.

• Roof Mounted Rear AC vents
  • Mobile Charger on
  • front IP
  • Tiltable Power Steering
  • 1 + 1 + 2 Courtesy Lamps
  • Height Adjustable Driver Seat
  • Theater Effect Lamp

Style, luxurious space and comfort for long drives
The XYLO’s value proposition of style, luxurious space and comfort continues with the D2 variant. Surround cool dual AC ensures that each passenger has a comfortable journey. Spacious third row seating allows you to stretch your legs, while a height adjustable driver’s seat makes the ride even more pleasant. Power steering ensures greater ease while driving and power windows allow you to roll down the windows at the mere touch of a button. An engine immobilizer ensures that the vehicle does not start without the right key, making this stylish Sedan Plus theft-proof.

Sleek contours coupled with structured edges and the signature Mahindra front grille give the XYLO the sophistication of a sedan and the aggressive stance of an SUV. the strong curves on the bonnet and fenders add to the car’s stature. Body side cladding with chrome rails and rear lamp clusters with well defined edges add oodles of panache to the car’s design. Stylish clear lens headlamps add to the car’s cool quotient.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

So it means that now taxi stands and pvt taxi owners would be queing up to buy this new cheap version of Xylo which is more Efficient along with lower maintainence cost.

Thread Starter #34
now the taxi market has an alternative to the tavera!

theater effect lamps are the same as in scorpio- it means the lights gradually dims when you close the door.

OK. I think it is available in most of the cars. Even my 4yr City has it. I thought theater lamps are some kind of disco light which are shown in the initial advertisements of Xylo.

350Z

Core Team
now the taxi market has an alternative to the tavera!

theater effect lamps are the same as in scorpio- it means the lights gradually dims when you close the door.
......And a better alternative we should say. Recently our relative who runs a business purchased couple of Xylo as Taxi. Without a second thought, This is a much more suitable, Comfortable and Value For Money MUV for this purpose.

Drive Safe,
350Z

and cheaper option too. I believe the maintainance cost of Xylo is a bit lesser as compared to innova(as told by my uncle who runs a transport company).

Thread Starter #38
three main contenders for the taxi market from the MUV segment are-

1) innova- it is the most expensive to buy & maintain. recently, the ORVM of my innova broke & it cost a whopping Rs. 6500! the scorpio's electric ORVM costs Rs. 1500 & i expect the xylo's to be similar. FE of the innova is nothing great too. but then innova has got the brand value & image & hence can be positioned as a "premium" taxi.

2) tavera: it is as expensive to buy as the innova but much more cheaper to maintain. spares are cheaper than the innova & FE is the best of the lot. but it is a bit too dated now & interiors are nothing worth talking about. also, tavera taxis have flooded our streets which is both a good & bad thing.

3) xylo: finally comes the xylo. it is the cheapest to buy & maintain. FE wont be as good as the tavera though with the new Mdi engine, it can come close. comfort & space is much better than tavera & similar to innova. spares of mahindra will be the cheapest. so now i feel, xylo is the best contender for the taxi market.

i have not considered the

1) sumo grande & sonalika rhino- because of obvious reasons!
2) scorpio & safari- no taxi owner will want a performance savvy & thirsty SUV!

Here it looks Xylo should be most successful in MUV taxi market. But currently all taxis i see are innova.[thinking]

Then Tata is launching similar MUV.

Even Taveras are also very famous among taxi operators. Here i have seen fewer Xylos as Taxi.

Thread Starter #41
that is because according to the info i have got, till now mahindra was not selling the xylo with taxi registration. it is only recently i have started seeing xylos with yellow number plates, that too in kerela & not in mumbai.

Thread Starter #43
According to autocar india Nov 2009 issue-

mahindra is planning to launch a base version of the xylo to cater to the taxi market. the base xylo will come with the mustang engine- essentially the same engine as in the M2Di scorpio, but now turbo charged & featuring common rail injection. the mustang motor is expected to develop around 90 bhp.

finally this xylo has been launched but the nomenclature has changed. mustang is now D2. also power is 95 bhp & not 90 bhp as assumed (not a big difference though).

Top Bottom