Mahindra XUV700 Unveiled

But diesel prices only will reveal how things are going to be[roll]

I have made some basic comparison between HARRIER and XUV700. I have not compared SAFARI as 7 seater variant prices have not been released.

So it seems prices are in comparison and Optional pack specs will have higher prices and will be in a different league.

These prices seem introductory only and we'll see a price hike after a couple of thousand copies.

View attachment 288621
It is written XUV500 on the image...it should be XUV700 right!

What an amazing unveiling by M&M . My current car is Xuv500 and looking forward to upgrade to Xuv700 manual AX5 withAWD ( hope they do have that option! Totally excited about this car!

350Z

Core Team
Sharing a quick list of features of “AdrenoX Connect” that Mahindra has shared with us in a Press Release:​

The Mahindra Connected Car platform onboard the XUV700 consists of various connectivity features that can be accessed on Mobile App and smart watches through the Adrenox connectivity system. Some of the features are:
  • Enhanced Safety: The Adrenox connected system consists of unique safety features such personalised Safety alert and Driver Drowsiness alerts. In case the vehicle is being driven too fast, a personalized alert can be set to indicate the driver to slow down. With the first-in-class driver drowsiness detection from Bosch, the driving behavior is anlaysed based on the situational context and provides a reliable warning to the driver. Besides, an emergency assistance using e-call/SOS is enabled through the AdrenoX Connect App.
  • Convenience & Comfort: The journey planner provides the convenience of pre-planning the journey on the mobile with configurable pit stops, reminders and enables seamless integration with vehicle navigation. The journey planned coupled with the features of remote start/stop, climate control enables the user to set the in cabin temperature remotely to ensure a comfortable cabin at the time of vehicle entry. Also the features like remote window control, remote lock/unlock enable users to ensure vehicle control through a mobile app and smart watch.
  • In car connected experience: The content applications on infotainment enhances the driver experience by providing access to the contents such as News, horoscope, weather, points of interest around a location and gain travel recommendation through the well-known content partners
  • Seamless Integration of connectivity: With the integration of smart home features, it is possible to configure and control the smart devices at home from the car. Additionally, XUV700’s Alexa Built-in integration makes it possible to control the vehicle functions while driving as well as through remote voice commands.
  • Omnipresence of vehicle data in your hand: The vehicle data and dash board is always available in hand through smart phone and smart watch for quick glance of vehicle status. The configurable alerts and control options provided through Geo/Time fencing, Valet mode etc., gives the user the additional information to understand the vehicle usage.
Drive Safe,
350Z

I watched a couple of reviews, its a mixed bag. Some praising the dynamics and some not happy with. All are happy with ride comfort and engine. And a mixed bag on interior quality too. Smart move by Mahindra, by announcing lower variant price before the media drive, they've successfully avoided bad press. At that price you can forgive them for some miss's. BUT over all, the product looks very promising. I still cant digest the exterior but that opinion may change when I have look at it in flesh.

I was planning to buy Nexon. Now I'll test drive the Mahindra and then try to get more discounts from TATA. Who knows, if my luck works, I may end up with a Harrier, all thanks to XUV700. [lol]

But diesel prices only will reveal how things are going to be[roll]

It is written XUV500 on the image...it should be XUV700 right!
My bad!!
Thank you for correcting me. Its the XUV 700.

I think the initial crazy for the XUV 700 may not last long.

Mahindra's esp XUV 500s are difficult to maintain as you only have to reach a dealership service center as outside mechanics cannot touch the vehicle as accessibility is too difficult due to compact fit. This is my personal experience. I got the Air condition repaired and that guy screwed up the power steering rake set up. Now it doesn't go down.

WE had to use our influence from top management to get our XUV within 15 days in 2012 as waiting period then was 5-6 months.

500 despite having many class leading features never seen in any SUV in the beginning could keep up the sales despite being priced closer to many 5 seater SUVs.

Let's see how long will the Euphoria last.

Last edited:
I have been watching and reading all the videos and reviews. Being a former owner of XUV 5OO, I love the super power of the petrol engine @ 200 BHP and extreme torque of 450Nm of the diesel AT. I wish to upgrade to the variant that offers 5 seater + petrol or diesel + AT + AWD + ADAS + Sony 3D surround sound system + 360 degree camera - sun roof. But, now I realize that I won't get that variant in the near future! AWD will be available only in top AX7 7-seater diesel AT variant with sky roof with either tech or luxury pack and not both. The dimensions will remain the same for both 5 and 7 seaters. Why? 7-seater Safari is longer than the 5-seater Harrier by 63 mm. The curtain airbags will cover the 3rd row seat area even in the 5 seater. I don't like the front and rear of XUV 7OO with disproportionately large head light, DRL and tail lamp clusters. I am not a fan of sunroof either. On the contrary, I love Harrier in all the sides. It is beautiful and proportionate. I can have most of must-have features in the XZA variant. Of course, I will be missing AWD. Slowly and steadily, I am tilting towards Harrier XZA, not withstanding the missing gizmos, difference in the pricing and the expected long waiting period for XUV7OO.

I have used some logic in making the final price list for the XUV 700.

As per my information collected from various videos is that AX3 &7 will have 7 seater variants and we have only 5 seater variants in AX5. AX7 further will have T or Technology pack, that will be bare bones and L or Luxury pack that will be loaded.
All variants in AX 5 &7 will have Auto and Manual transmissions and AX3 will only be available in Manual GB.

AWD will only be available in Top end 7 seater Luxury pack.

I have placed 1.5 Lakhs premium of Diesel over petrol and a further 1-1.2 lakhs premium of Auto GB over Manual.
And further premium of about 1.5-2 lakhs of Luxury over Technology pack applied.

Based on the calculations I have arrived at the approximate ex-showroom prices.

Let's know your comment and final price reveal from the company.

PicsArt_08-23-12.56.15-min.jpg

Last edited:
My first look exterior walkaround of the Freedom Drive XUV700's at Coimbatore. No one was allowed to seat or take pics of the interior though weirdly.
I am impressed and really looking forward to being in the driver seat.
English:
Tamil:

I have used some logic in making the final price list for the XUV 700.

As per my information collected from various videos is that AX3 &7 will have 7 seater variants and we have only 5 seater variants in AX5. AX7 further will have T or Technology pack, that will be bare bones and L or Luxury pack that will be loaded.
All variants in AX 5 &7 will have Auto and Manual transmissions and AX3 will only be available in Manual GB.

AWD will only be available in Top end 7 seater Luxury pack.

I have placed 1.5 Lakhs premium of Diesel over petrol and a further 1-1.2 lakhs premium of Auto GB over Manual.
And further premium of about 1.5-2 lakhs of Luxury over Technology pack applied.

Based on the calculations I have arrived at the approximate ex-showroom prices.

Let's know your comment and final price reveal from the company.

View attachment 288833
As I expected, Mahindra is going to offer a wide spread variants to offer with the XUV700 and it will be economical in the C variants but will have premium pricing in the L luxury variants.

But read somewhere that AX5 will have only 5 seater variant in E L and T.

mahindra-xuv700-variants-ax3-ax5-ax7-mx3-seats-7.jpg
MAHINDRA XUV700 TO LAUNCH IN 37 VARIANTS

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra XUV700 Launched In India

XUV.jpg

The Mahindra XUV700 has been finally launched in India. The company had announced ex-showroom prices of lower variants in August earlier, starting at Rs, 11.29 lakh for the base MX variant and now it has finally launched the range-topping AX7 variants. Prices for the base MX variant now start at ₹ 11.99 lakh, instead of ₹ 11.29 lakh. The Mahindra XUV700 AX7 has been launched at ₹ 17.59 lakh for the petrol manual variant, going up to ₹ 19.79 lakh for the top-of-the-line AX7 diesel automatic trim. That said, the company is also offering a luxury pack on the AX7 automatic for an ₹ 1.8 lakh additional to the ex-showroom price, while for all-wheel-drive (AWD) system available only on the diesel automatic, buyers will need to shell out ₹ 1.3 lakh more in addition to the ex-showroom price.

XUV700.jpg

Read

Here is the price list of XUV700 my friend today picked up from a dealership in Hyderabad.
With the AX7 L 7 seater prices have gone above 25 Lakhs which doesn't seem so mouth watering.
Showroom was packed today. This is anyway inaugral price and will see upward revision soon.
IMG-20211002-WA0063__01.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Important Timelines:

1st October: Preview For Mahindra Customers | 2nd October: Test Drives Phase-I. | 7th October: Test Drives Phase-II. | 7th October: Bookings Open From 10:00 AM.

10th October: Deliveries Begin. Petrol Variant Deliveries To Precede Diesel.

Mahindra XUV700 Pricelist (Ex.Showroom, India).

The 7-seat variants are available for additional ₹60,000.

There are also two seperate Optional Packs: Luxury Pack (AX7 Automatic) for additional ₹1.8 Lakh and AWD (AX7 Diesel Automatic) for additional ₹1.3 Lakh.

Mahindra-XUV-700-Pricelist.png

Press Release:
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., today announced the complete variant line-up and date of booking commencement for the most awaited SUV of the year, the XUV700. While launch prices for some of the variants were announced at the time of the product debut, the complete variant line-up announced today aims at straddling a wide spectrum of buyers, starting at ₹ 11.99 lakh for the MX series (MT, petrol, 5-Seater) and ₹ 12.99 lakh for the AX series (MT, petrol, 5-Seater) (Ex-showroom, all India). All prices (details included below) will be applicable for the first 25000 bookings. Official bookings will open on October 7, 2021.

Mahindra has also launched an Industry-first ‘Add to cart’ functionality on its website www.auto.mahindra.com/suv/XUV700/ for the XUV700. It allows customers to save variant configurations, including fuel type, seating capacity, colour and dealer preference ahead of the bookings opening and formally book the vehicle online from October 7, 2021. Upon the completion of booking, any further modifications made by the buyer to the variant will be treated as a fresh booking.

Variants and Top features

Mahindra-XUV700-Features.png

Mahindra-XUV-Variant-Features.png

There is an XUV700 for everyone who seeks a rush with the widest range of offerings you will find in the segment.

Note: AX7 will be available with an optional Luxury pack and will include features like Immersive 3D Sound by Sony, electrically deployed Smart Door Handles, 360o Surround View, Blind View Monitoring, Electronic Park Brake and Wireless Charging.

Test drives for the XUV700 will begin in phases, starting from 2nd October – subject to local government rules & restrictions regarding the national holiday; customers to plan test drives in consultation with the local dealership. Additionally, existing Mahindra customers will be invited for an exclusive preview to their nearest dealerships.

Phase I cities for Test Drive from 2nd October 2021

Mahindra-XUV-700-Test-Drive-Schedule.png

The company will add more cities subsequently to initiate test drives for the rest of the country starting from 10th October.

Deliveries of the Petrol variants will precede deliveries of the Diesel variants. An official announcement regarding the date for start of deliveries will be made by 10th October.

FinX

FinX is an industry-first Financing Initiative which is exclusively tailor-made for XUV700 with 20 “Xclusive Launch Finance Offers.” In addition to the best existing market offerings with lowest interest rates, processing fee and EMI, FinX is a vital tool for sales consultant to help XUV 700 customers get next level of Funding, Saving and Driving experience.
  • In addition to Ex-Showroom funding, Registration and Insurance; Accessories, Shield, AMC and Loan protection can also be funded up to 100% On-Road Funding with Zero Down payment.
  • Higher savings with exclusive ROI, Processing Fee and Foreclosure Charge. Low EMIs starting at ₹ 799 per Lakh and extended tenure options up-to 8 years.
  • An enhanced driving experience and affordability with Industry leading innovative step-up and balloon schemes. Opportunity to Shift-up or Upgrade to Mahindra XUV 700 from various segments like Sedan, SUV and hatchback.
Mahindra will also offer XUV700 under Leasing in association with Mahindra Finance and Orix to its retail and corporate customers. Customers can benefit from a hassle-free ownership experience that includes repair, maintenance, resale value and insurance.

Additionally, the XUV700 will be available under Mahindra Subscription at zero down payment and road tax. Customers can enjoy the flexibility to change the tenure of ownership and upgrade to a higher variant every year.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra XUV700 Bookings Open Today; Special Price For First 25,000 Bookings

Official bookings for the Mahindra XUV700 begun from today and so did the test drives in cities like Jaipur, Surat, Patna, Cochin, Cuttack, Kanpur, Calicut and Nashik. The company had already announced that the first 25,000 bookings received by the company will be able to avail of the introductory pricing announced by the company a week ago. Prices for the base MX variant start at ₹ 11.99 lakh. And the range-topping Mahindra XUV700 AX7 has been launched at ₹ 17.59 lakh for the petrol manual variant, going up to ₹ 19.79 lakh for the top-of-the-line AX7 diesel automatic trim. That said, the company is also offering a luxury pack on the AX7 automatic for an ₹ 1.8 lakh additional to the ex-showroom price, while for all-wheel-drive (AWD) system available only on the diesel automatic, buyers will need to shell out ₹ 1.3 lakh more in addition to the ex-showroom price.

Read

The XUV 500 frenzy continues with XUV700 as well. 25,000 bookings in under an hour is what i read. Some dealers in Blore booking 700 cars in 1st 15 minutes. Bookings closed for the day might open again tomorrow but price increased by 50,000. Hopefully again get another 25-30K bookings. So in a nutshell, MnM getting their orderbook for the entire year in couple of days. Price of car increase by 50000 in just one day (at this rate by end of week the car could beat Fortuner (:stupid:)

The initial price shock seem to have delivered for the group. The fully loaded variant without ventilated seat (Which the Safari has) is in pricier than safari . and is just shy of 30L on road. I mean this is no cheap vehicle but the shocker price has done its bit. Must be a learning lesson for Tata. Safari sold 1500 this month, XUV700 sells 1370 copies in last month. Surely this will overtake Safari fairly and squarely.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Mahindra sure is using compromise effect by pricing the variants.
The skyroof alone would have costed atleast 1.5 lakhs yet the price difference between the variants is just 1 lakh ex showroom.

IMG_20211008_003236.jpg

But now a days the price difference between the lower variant and the highest variant is 1.5 times - 1.8 times.

Top Bottom