Mahindra XUV700 Unveiled

Guys, pls test the ADAS I feel thats more of a feature where we have unlearn driving in india. And then one will see that i have unlearned but the person in front hasnt. So want to understand how that Brake assits works in emergency, how lane assists or de assists us on highway and city driving where we are accustomed to "Cut" overtaking be it city or highways. What about sudden appearance of Tractors on highways, rickshaws in city limits in the square (char rasta) where we have many a time had to swiwel around that obstruction and continue on our path (of rigtheous ness)

will this be possible with XUV700 ADAS? Though I am all for safety, this is bit too much of Safety barrier for me. Feel like B-737Max override.

One thing I have just realised. The MAHINDRA XUV700 is nearly 200 kgs heavier than TATA SAFARI. That added weight should show a toll on fuel efficiency. I expected the weight to be below 1800 kgs. Secondly it will also make it less ajile. Lets see when the actual comparison comes out apple to apple.
Even my XUV500 was quite heavy that caused toll on suspension system that went hard after 6 odd years.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra XUV700 Crash Tested By Global NCAP; Enters The 5 Star Club

0bkte39c_mahindra-xuv700-global-ncap-crash-test_625x300_10_November_21.jpg

It seems the new Mahindra XUV700 can do nothing wrong. Already a blockbuster in terms of bookings with nearly 75,000 prospective buyers, the car has now achieved a top safety score. It is another 5-Star result for Mahindra with the XUV700 scoring big for adult occupant protection. By scoring 16.03 points of a possible 17, the car is amongst the highest-rated of the Indian made vehicles tested since 2014. The car's structure is also rated as stable. The potential injuries to front passengers also remain marginal, and it is great not to see any orange or red on the crash test dummy injury analysis. The Mahindra XUV700 has also achieved the highest score yet for child occupant protection, with 41.66 points of a maximum 49.

Read

This is infact super news for Indian manufacturing. Both the indian homegrown Auto giants are leaving no stone unturned in providing feature rich and 5 Star safe cars to mass market. 5 Star safety is no more privilege for Luxury car alone. Kudos to Tata and Mahindra in this healthy Safety competition.
OT: there are now 5, 5 Star rated mass market cars and guess its from Tata (3, Nexon, Altroz and Punch) and Mahindra (2, XUV300 and UXV700)

350Z

Core Team
Mahindra has announced that Cockpit Domain Controller (CDC) that leverages the QNX® Neutrino® Realtime Operating System (RTOS) and QNX® Hypervisor has now entered mass production.

This CDC platform will be utilized in Mahindra XUV700 to offer a more intuitive and intelligent in-car driving experience. Sharing an excerpt from Press Release.​

The deployment marks a significant Indian automotive market expansion for BlackBerry Limited, whose BlackBerry QNX technology is in production programs with 45 different OEMs, 7/7 of the top Tier 1s and over 195 million vehicles worldwide.

By using technology as a key differentiator, M&M Ltd.’s new XUV700 makes use of next-generation electrical and electronics (E/E) architecture, with an advanced infotainment system and strong suite of sophisticated driver assistance systems to establish a leadership position in this class of vehicles manufactured in India while delivering an elevated level of safety, security and comfort.

Combining the latest in chip technology with the highly reliable QNX Hypervisor, the XUV700 allows for design flexibility and scalability to consolidate multiple systems with mixed criticality and different operating environments onto a single hardware platform, reducing both the initial development and long-term costs of ownership while providing the highest standards of functional safety and security.

“It’s a real pleasure to help innovative manufacturers like M&M Ltd. take advantage of one of the industry’s most significant trends – the exploding demand for safe, seamless, digital in-car experiences,” said Dhiraj Handa, VP, Asia Pacific region at BlackBerry. “With the BlackBerry QNX powered Cockpit Domain Controller combined with M&M’s strong track record and heritage of delivering best-in-class vehicles, we’re confident that drivers of the new XUV700, will relish the comfort, safety and connectivity it delivers.”

“We are pleased to team up with BlackBerry QNX whose QNX Neutrino Realtime Operating System (RTOS) and QNX Hypervisor represents a key ingredient in our push to deploy the first generation of software-driven vehicles in the Indian marketplace,” said Binoy Paul, Chief Engineer E/E at Mahindra. “As a surge of consumer interest has shown since our August launch, India is more than ready for the software centric car and with BlackBerry QNX serving as the secure and trusted foundation of the intelligent infotainment system within our innovative new XUV700, M&M have a strong first mover advantage.”
Drive Safe,
350Z

Came back from the test-drive of the XUV 700 Diesel manual today. here are my observations.

1. NVH, excellent. The car is silent (by diesel standards) inside out. You hear the engine, but not the fatigue inducing types.
2. Speaking of the engine, as always with Mahindra's, engine is a hoot. From the inside feels refined and doesn't feel underpowered at all. The slick shifting manual gearbox ensures you experience the rowdy character of the engine to the fullest. Accelerates like crazy. Holds speed very well and also can pick itself up and run from very low speeds at high gears. Yeah, I meant the in-gear acceleration is excellent. Also, the drive modes can make it suit your mood for the day.
3. The music system is excellent too. The sales advisors played some random pop or something genre (me being a metal head and relatively OLD [:D]) which are favorites among youngsters, sounded excellent to me. I am not an audiophile though. BUT, to an average metalhead excellent, I will enjoy my music in this car.
4. Now that screen, That's a crisp screen and laaaaaaarge. The driver info is crisp and clear too, with cameras showing blind spot when using indicators etc. Lots of customizability. And they have crammed in everything they can possibly. Even apps like Justdial? Why? In the era of Android Auto and Apple Carplay. The issue is when you start using it, you feel Mahindra has not thought through this. May be not as well as they would've liked. Some more time was needed to refine it.

Let me explain.
Feels like, Mahindra first decided they'll have a big screen and also a screen controller on center console. You start playing the music, where will you go for volume adjustment? Natural tendency is to reach for the screen or have a rotary knob near the screen. But that function has been moved to the rotary knob next to the gear lever. Annoying.
When you change the drive mode, there is a custom mode where you can select your preferred setting for each of the engine, brakes etc. etc. Now when in that menu, you are not sure how to change it. No highlighting of the menu header and then when you want to change the setting, you have to scroll it, not click, which is not consistent with other menu selections which is clicking not scrolling. Not a deal breaker, Some refinement would've helped or can be brought about in a software update, but annoying.
5. Speaking of annoying, the ride quality. No where near what I was expecting after reading all the reviews of how XUV has now at par with TATA and how they may have bettered it. Not disappointed, but may be my expectations were high. On a smooth highway, Its excellent, manages to stay planted unlike the XUV500, previous XUV 500 owners will know what I mean by that. Also dynamically very good, like the previous XUV500, as in not nervous when changing directions. But things change when you enter inner roads. The undulations on the road are not ironed out like some of its competitors. There is side to side movements, more than what I was expecting and vertical movements too. Add to that, a not so comfortable middle row seats, again my expectations were very high, XUV700 just didn't make the cut, ride comfort wise. But, from the drivers seat, the dynamics, its a different story. Inner roads or smooth highway, dynamically sorted, nothing to complain. If at all, in the inner roads due to the bounce in the suspension may need corrections mid corner if driven spiritedly, else for a laid back drive, no complaints whatsoever.
6. The Ambience. The leather (or is it leatherette) seats felt nice. The steering, the top of the dashboard etc felt good. Even the sunroof makes the cabin feel airy. But then, all the black bits, looks cheap. Outright cheap. The switches, the AC controls, steering mounted controls for display and audio controls finished in gloss black, looked cheap. I am talking about the perceived quality here. I felt the ambience of the cabin was particularly brought down by the cheap looking glossy plastics. Looks too plasticky. If you have seen cheap plastic toys in black. To use, those switches felt normal/decent. But this definitely is a negative mark for the Mahindra from me, for the perceived quality. That goes for the black bits on the outside too. Those things may be very good quality plastics, but it looks cheap. Perceived quality. Thats the biggest let down for me.
7. The tech. I used limited ADAS features which I felt was useful, like lane departure warning. Road sign reading. Auto emergency brake warning. And in all those, It performed well, warned me when changing lanes, couldn't verify if it read the road sign and also warned when we got close to the vehicle in front. I know ADAS is going to be compulsory in the future, I hope, we can keep the settings at warning and not always on and spoil the fun of driving all together. And that 360 degree camera, I don't know what's with all the cry about a vehicle not having it. If you have to rely on cameras to know the perimeter of you vehicle, then you shouldn't be allowed to drive. Didn't even notice it was there. I use mirrors for backing up and the XUV mirrors served me well on the test-drive.

To summarize,
XUV 700 is a huge step ahead for Mahindra, Its apt that they did not name it XUV 500. In every way its superior to the predecessor. Its built well. It drives well, rides decently. NOTE, I say decently despite me not liking the ride cos, for most people, they'll never encounter "inner roads" all their lives. Its either city roads or smooth highways. Loaded to the brim with technology and priced to kill the competition. What's not to like? yes, the perceived quality. And a wee bit uncomfortable middle row seats. BUT what's life if not for a little compromise here and there. XUV 700 is a great package. Worth every penny you shell on it. If you are in this market segment, you should have ample reasons to not pick one.

PS:
- I am in the market for a car?
YES.
- What cars am I looking at?
Well, starts with Nexon, XUV, Big TATA twins. Taigun and Kushaq.
- Will I consider XUV700?
NO.
- WHY!
1. Waiting period.
2. I travel a lot for my work, and it involves a lot of driving in the inner roads, Here I was let down by the XUV.
3. I can compromise on a lot of things, and tech, but not on perceived quality and ride. After all, I have to live with it for 5-7 years.
- Will I recommend XUV 700 to friends and family?
DEFINITELY. I will ask them to make it the first or second vehicle on the list.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I had booked the xuv700 and cancelled it today. Dealership experience was horrible to say least.
I visited the showroom for PDI today.
Me and my wife waited for 2 hours after the promised time.
Was told to take 50000rs worth of accessories and extended warranty. Advisor said in a rude tone- it's company policy
I called my friend and waited for the car to arrive.
Car came and I started checking the car. Advisor kept 100% watch on what I was doing. Me and my wife stepped out and he instantly told us to close the doors or the car will get soiled.
Opened the bonnet and the headlamp wiring looked odd to me. I started taking photos to compare the same with a car standing inside the showroom. He said " sir, you cannot take photos,it's not the company policy in a very rude tone.

We both got really pissed and told him to just cancel the booking there and then. He was literally bullying us in every way possible and this was after he knew we came through a good contact.

Called my friend and he started defending the owner and told me to just take 25k rs worth of accessories and to calm down.

I went again in a foul mood and my wife stayed in the car.
Earlier I had chosen 8k worth of accessories and could only increase it to 25k. Told him I can only go till this amount and asked him to match the insurance quote I gave them and also to confirm the same with his superior.
Then the loan guy came and said sir, get print out of the documents,get it signed and you can give the same tomorrow.
I controlled my anger and told him to get me the printouts and mark the places for signatures. He started asking for details I already gave to other guy.
Advisor came and told me sorry sir, insurance company is not listed in mahindra portal, we cannot match it and it's company policy we cannot go below 35k for accessories

I had enough of this bullshit, gave him an earful about his company's policy and got the booking cancelled. He was not ashamed to say there will be 10% cancellation charges.
Gave him the bank details and I left.

Please take a look at the headlamp wiring and the weld area. This looks like a really bad Karol Bagh jugaad

Also there was some rust on a part in the third pic.
IMG_20221213_192431.jpg
IMG_20221213_192426.jpg
IMG_20221213_192422.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Was told to take 50000rs worth of accessories and extended warranty. Advisor said in a rude tone- it's company policy
It seems Mahindra dealers are more informed about the “company policy” than Mahindra itself. Sometime back I went to a Mahindra dealer and was told that it’s mandatory to pay for two-year insurance, despite showing him the evidence that other brands weren’t asking for same. Overall environment of the showroom was more like a government office. Good vehicles being killed by bad dealers. Mahindra must take a note before it’s too late.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Mahindra XUV700 gets more features, prices start at Rs 13.99 lakh

Web(4).jpg

Mahindra has launched the updated XUV700 – limited to the top two AX7 and AX7L variants – with more features. The updated XUV700 AX7 is priced between Rs 21.29 lakh-23.99 lakh.

1. XUV700 gets captain seats for the second row
  2. Front row gets cooled seats
  3. Wing mirrors now linked with seat memory function
  4. Top variants get unique exterior theme
Mahindra XUV700 2024: what’s new?

The AX7 and AX7L get captain seats as an option for the second row, with the AX7L getting ventilated front seats and wing mirrors that are connected to the memory seat function. All XUV700 variants get the new “Napoli black” exterior paint shade, while the AX7 and AX7L variants get a unique black theme with an all-black grille and alloy wheels. These two variants also get dual-tone exterior paint shade options and a dark chrome finish on the interior. The infotainment system also gets a few software updates along with the provision for over the air updates.

There are no mechanical or styling changes to the XUV700, and the SUV continues with the same set of petrol and diesel engines as before.

Prices for the 2024 Mahindra XUV700 start at Rs 13.99 lakh for the MX variant. The AX3 variant is priced at Rs 16.39 lakh, the AX5 costs Rs 17.69 lakh, the AX7 is priced at Rs 21.29 lakh and the top-spec AX7L costs Rs 23.99 lakh. (*All prices ex-showroom, Delhi. )

Autocar

Top Bottom