1st Service of 10000 Kms
Due to unplanned travel which came-up for next day and the odo already at 9500 Kms, checked with the local dealer Mighty Mahindra if they could accommodate the request for 10K service an hour later at 3pm. They were kind enough to accommodate the request and had a blazingly fast turn around of just 2 hours which included some minor jobs.
Engine Cover was rattling and it was fixed properly. Tyre rotation with steering calibration addressed the issue of steering feel which was different since the Lower Control Arms replacement. Engine Oil, Oil filter and cabin air filter were replaced while cleaning the Engine air filter. 6 Liters of DEF was also added bring the total service cost to Rs. 4,471/-. Including the previous DEF top-up of 8 Liters (Rs. 977 including filling charge), the total DEF consumed was 14 Liters (Rs. 1631 total expense) for 9500 Kms leading to approx. an average consumption of 680 Km/L and additional cost of Rs. 0.17/Km.
Waiting for bay allocation
Oil used - surprisingly the grade is not mentioned on the Oil
DEF is also specially packed for Mahindra
Washing which took most of the time even in this short window
The next day left home early for the destination but upon crossing the 9800 Kms mark, the alert for scheduled service due came-up.
Tried to search for options through the settings but couldn’t find any and finally waited till 9AM before calling the CoTek for help. He promptly guided on the process to reset this by Switching OFF the ignition and then Switching it back ON without pressing the brake pedal but keeping the Enter button on the steering pressed and releasing it just before the needles complete their sweep. Post this, the alert got cleared and it didn’t come-up again.
Post lunch after the restart suddenly the look and feel of Android Auto changed to coolwalk which was a pleasant surprise with the maps using the entire screen real-estate.
Some observations after covering 10K Kms:
1. Till now I have had 05 additional visits (once for Navigation issue, Silver Box replacement diagnosis, Silver Box replacement and twice for Tail Lamp replacement).
2. The only persistent noise bothering as of now is from DEF / fuel tank.
3. Drive normally and this engine rewards with exceptional FE and whenever you need that extra power, it delivers without hesitation.
4. Though ADAS is over cautious at times with some random braking, once you adapt to it the drive is quite blissful especially on the expressways.
5. Last couple of weeks saw quite a lot of issues with AdrenoX app (remote commands activation getting stuck, random log-out from app, trip history not working, live location sharing not working etc.).
Why can't they be always more cautious while installing fitments.
That's there but I feel it's more to do with the Plastic composite tailgate and in my opinion the dimple in the paint visible in the Driver side pic would not have been there on a metal surface.