Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [65K Kms Crossed]

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [53K Kms Crossed

Fixed the rat mesh today and also sealed two crucial entry points !
it cost me 1k. I urge all XUV to get his done to avoid rat related damage, trust me a lot of wiring damage can be avoided with this.
Hey IR, did you fixed this from Silver Jubilee @ Hadapsar?

Thread Starter #1,413
Re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [65K Kms Crossed

Yes at silver jubilee hadapsar

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [53K Kms Crossed

Fixed the rat mesh today and also sealed two crucial entry points !
it cost me 1k. I urge all XUV to get his done to avoid rat related damage, trust me a lot of wiring damage can be avoided with this.

Its a quick half an hour job, with the wiper motor and wiper assembly removed.
The air vents inside - sealant needs applying and grill placed and further sealant application. If you do it DIY it shoudnt cost over 400 Rs is my view.

Some pictures Below :-

View attachment 185204

View attachment 185205

View attachment 185206

View attachment 185207

View attachment 185208

See here how the sponge was bitten by the rat, this is inside the passenger side footwell from where it got in eating the plastic cover - its best to seal this tight, we used the same rat mesh sealant, rat mesh is 150 rs, sealant some 770 rs as its an expensive one.

View attachment 185209

And finally

View attachment 185210

and yes there is some display related recall, they didnt have the part in hand and i didnt get a chance to enquire in detail, if you are visiting an svc you should ask, I think this is for older XUVs - am not 100% certain though.
Damn !![frustration]

I've been recently started to notice that my both car's engine bays are frequently visited by rats. I've been noticing rats droppings around the bay. Got both the cars engine bay and under body cleaned up. For time being I've put some rat poison under the front tires, just for at least my peace of mind. Got a rat repellent spray as well. Lemme see if it works out. This is my worst nightmare as well [sad]

Do you have any more ideas to get rid of rats ?

Thread Starter #1,415
Re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [65K Kms Crossed

My method was to use a combination of tobacco and chilli powder every 3 or so weeks and also systematically kill rats by using rat cakes in the premise - there is no other choice but to follow it continuously and repeatedly..

My method was to use a combination of tobacco and chilli powder every 3 or so weeks and also systematically kill rats by using rat cakes in the premise - there is no other choice but to follow it continuously and repeatedly..
Bought a product named RAT AXE. Sprayed in in the engine bay, it has a warmth smell of strong ginger. Kept rat poison under the car as well. Everything is well and good until now. Will sprinkle some chilli powder around the engine bay as well [:)]

Top Bottom