Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [65K Kms Crossed]

re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying and Initial Ownership Experience

Damn! Even I was on the express highway yesterday & I was following a grey XUV for quite a long time!

Thread Starter #47

Damn! Even I was on the express highway yesterday & I was following a grey XUV for quite a long time!
Definately not mine then [;)] , yes we will be seeing a lot of XUVs on the road now

Nice pics Iron Rock, the beige theme suits a lot better to Black Xuv.

Mood lighting would have been a treat to eyes in the night.
Thanks Mukesh, regarding the mood lights i must add its red in colour and not as much on your face as you would initially expect - infact its subtle and not bright at all. To be honest even i was expecting it to be a bit garish and extravagant - but it turned out subtle and not too taxing on your eyes. I am sure some people might question Mahindra's choice of color here , but thats really a subjective thing

Good news for you. Bookings are reopening in Jan 2012.
Thanks 350Z. this is a great news that bookings will reopen in Jan. I m still wondering on how M&M has managed to deliver the vechile to who has booked it on time as promised. . I have already started to see many vechiles on road and in my office parking too.
This i guess shows best planing stategy expecting its sales Vs production in advance unlike other manufactures.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team

Yes. That’s true. Also as expected, Mahindra is ramping up the production of XUV500.

Drive Safe,
350Z

While reading through all these thread, I was wondering on Merlin and its details.
As anyway i need to wait till Jan for changing my beloved Bolero, wil Merlin from TMl match up to my expectations is on the mind now.
I heard it comes with best futures from Aria and rough platform from Safari. will this impact my decision? Not sure.
few questions on my mind..
1. How much would this be priced againts Xuv W6
2. What features will it come with.
3. What will be ASS (any better than before?)
4. How reliable will it be in fit and finish.
5. How much better TML be when compared to M&M.
Hope i see release of Merlin before my booking towards XUV.

AMG

Suspended
@ krish_go

Cant you start your own thread and ask all the questions in one place rather than sabotaging each and everyone's thread?

@ Iron_rock

Nice interiors man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #53

@ Iron_rock

Nice interiors man.
Thanks AMG - I am still looking for proper foot mats, i didnt buy the original ones, but wanted something nice aftermarket, i couldnt find any custom fit ones for XUV in the market as yet, i guess i need to wait for that - in the meanwhile got a universal one..if anybody has any suggestions please be kind to suggest [thumbsup]

@AMG Sorry Bro...
Just that i was been so much confused on my decision to go or not to for XUV is kill my mind..

Its a Scorcher of a Car! Congratulations on this black beauty, Iron Rock. Wish you miles of happiness.

Thread Starter #57

Just inquire about the Kagu 3D Mats (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...has-come-my-volkswagen-vento-8.html#post83630). They look better though you will have to confirm if they are available for XUV.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Enquired abt 3d mats in a few places in Pune, seems like they dont have one for the XUV yet. i guess i have to wait..
Btw i mentioned the small offroad tryst in my review, coming up shortly some pics..[cheers]

Thread Starter #58

A pic for starters ..dont take the word offroad too seriously [;)]

Attachments

Iron Rock - man, I am not sure how I missed this thread, but reading it gave me a sense of elation! Great review and great color. You have found the beauty in the beast [:)]

XUV5OO is a game changer for sure. I am hoping that this opens a new segment in niche UVs at affordable prices, as I plan to own one in next 2-3 years.

So what is your ODO reading now? Any new experiences or surprises?

@Iron Rock: I can see a kid in the front, make sure it is accompained by anyone in the front.

Or they must be made to sit in the middle seat with seat belt, as they are the precious cargo you carry.

The pic looks cool [glasses]...

Top Bottom