Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [65K Kms Crossed]

re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying and Initial Ownership Experience

Congratulation Iron. XUV is a wonderfull machine.. I was unlucky by few hrs as by the time i went to book it, they declared bookings were closed. Anyway i hope its all for the good. Will by in 2012 :)
Safe ride and enjoy every bit of it...

congrats iroin rock on your new ride. wish lots of miles on your beauty. one of my colleagues is planning to buy an suv and today i had told him to consider xuv 5oo. will let him know about the deatils that u have posted about the vehicle.

350Z

Core Team

I was unlucky by few hrs as by the time i went to book it, they declared bookings were closed.
Good news for you. Bookings are reopening in Jan 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats "iron_rock"

good report of pre delivery and good pictures.

have miles of happy driving!

wow what a car man. congrats!! black one looking killer. did ya got entry in purple club ??

wow what a car man. congrats!! black one looking killer. did ya got entry in purple club ??
Buddy, its just a membership, which is enrolled, when a vehicle is purchased.

Here a problem or any other query is reported to Relationship Manager or SA especially for that vehicle.

the underbody is fully protected with plates underneath except the exhaust pipes, which run underneath it - so yes it comes with factory fitted steel underwears
Lol I cracked up at the steel underwears bit[lol] ,since your car is gleaming black keeping the paint protected with meguiar wax seems like a good idea,some good detailers here in Bangalore use them

I am happy to see you did not rush your feedback such as braking etc,please take your time & give your most honest opinion as I am sure it will help many people who read reviews online to make decisions.

Ohh well underbody treatment is really for rust - i dont think it might help with the grass and weeds - but having said that the underbody is fully protected with plates underneath except the exhaust pipes, which run underneath it - so yes it comes with factory fitted steel underwears [lol]
Thats a really good thing. Protects the underbody from stones & kerbs. proves that Mahindra has not really done too much of cost cutting.

akit

Suspended
Re: Mahindra XUV500 (W201): Initial Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

Excellent review!

This might be a bit offtopic ,but now I have started feeling that finally in the form of all-Indian, Aria and the XUV , we have cars that are (very nearly) fit for India's Head of State to travel in!

Re: Mahindra XUV500 (W201): Initial Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

Excellent review!

This might be a bit offtopic ,but now I have started feeling that finally in the form of all-Indian, Aria and the XUV , we have cars that are (very nearly) fit for India's Head of State to travel in!
That may be true but the State of Heads' of the Head of State may be such that they may consider it down market to travel in an Indian SUV, when the likes of Lexus and Prado are at their service.

Thread Starter #42

Some pics interiors, let the pics do the talking [:)]

Attachments

Nice pics Iron Rock, the beige theme suits a lot better to Black Xuv.[thumbsup]

Mood lighting would have been a treat to eyes in the night.

Even I like the beige interiors more.

I was following a XUV on the mumbai pune express highway & that chap was taking corners at 80-90 kmph on the ghats.

Thread Starter #45

Well, i always wanted the beige interiors, so option was limited either a satin white or the black...i preferred the black..

well the xuv has clocked over 1500 kms now and feels smoother with every passing day - guess all mechanical elements are sinking their teeth in.

btw i was on the express way yesterday and did a max of 120 kmph yesterday to check for vibration ( as reported elsewhere with speed alloys ) - i didnt find any on the stock alloys - infact it was super smooth and stable - the engine was not under any strain whatsoever. it handles exceptionally well on corners too for an suv!!

Some more updates will follow later [cheers]

Top Bottom