Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [65K Kms Crossed]

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [53K Kms Crossed

Finally and example is set for all the rodents around. Don't mess with IR!!

Literally this is the best photograph and best post in all the 94 pages of this ownership review.

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [53K Kms Crossed

Haha that's one of the best pics and a strong message to the enemy. BACK-OFF or you are NEXT. [lol]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Revenge of the fallen
Finally and example is set for all the rodents around. Don't mess with IR!!
Haha that's one of the best pics and a strong message to the enemy. BACK-OFF or you are NEXT.
Probably they did not know "What the Rock was cookin!![lol]. IR clearly states to the rodents "Don't Angry Me!!"

Regards

Akash

Putting aside everything, I would request IR sirji to give a brief description of the entire process along with the items used so that it can be of some help to other forum members who are also seeking their revenge.

On a lighter note: We have frequently seen the cats or dogs hunting the rats but this is for the first time a rat is hunted by a TAIger (==Tiger) :biggrin:

@Reporter Saab: (OT: I have copyrights of that name, I was the first to use that term)
Those were good old WW'F' days which that "Rock was cookin" phrase has reminded me of.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

@Reporter Saab: (OT: I have copyrights of that name, I was the first to use that term)
Ok Fine, Have an extra Diet Coke with me as the life time royalty of the copyrights.[:D]. Lets not be more OT now, as we never know, What the Rock is cookin!!

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #1,402

Ha ha Gentlemen and Vipul, I am keeping busy rat hunting so far 3 massacred in my hunting blitzkrieg. Well the reality with rat issue and cars is you have to be patient and consistent - just if you killed a few doesn't mean problem is solved, you have to be on your toes!

Currently there is chilli powder/ black pepper/ tobacco mixture in crucial areas(which cannot blow off - be careful you don't want the ac vent blowing chilli powder on your face) - i top this up every 2 weeks or so, clean up the droppings if any. I also found a specific rat kill cake(HIT) which doesn't kill the rat immediately but takes that little extra time to give them pain and make them go out in open air and die, so far this has worked really well as the rat cannot die inside the car immediately.

Also prevention is better than cure, so make sure all vehicle entry points are well sealed/grilled - you cannot prevent a rat from entering the engine area, but you got to prevent them from entering the cabin, else it will be havoc as i experienced. I do NOT use ultrasonic devices a i have plenty of other animals at the farm + i don't really believe its effective.

Last edited:

@Iron Rock:
Last OT Saarji; I have a very simple but important question. I hope I won't be infracted for this one (ehh.. Playing with mods has a joy of itself; there is always a fear of unknown) :biggrin:

Why you wrote 'gentlemen' and 'vipul' separately? Either that proves me superior or outstanding I guess.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

dear IR. please update your thread. how's cheetah doing?

Thread Starter #1,405

My Apologies BHVM i have been out of action for a while.
The cheetah is doing really well, its touching 61k now, did the 60K service recently, will post the details once i get a chance..

I had to replace one tyre - as it had a bad side wall cut not sure how it happened.

Thread Starter #1,406

Crossed 65k not much to add - no issues nothing, running is comparatively less, have not done anything apart from the routine service items (already posted previously)

IMG_20161205_205329.jpg

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [65K Kms Crossed

^^ Hi @Iron Rock

Since I've been driving XUV for quite some, I wanted to ask this. And find your thread. Anyways, I practice idling rule in our XUV and in our Xylo. But I can see a lot of articles claim that newer vehicles don't require this. I usually idle XUV/Xylo around 30 seconds if the trip is short and in case of a long trip, I will idle it for 1-2 minutes.

Do you practice idling in your XUV? Do you think it is needed?

Thread Starter #1,408
Re: Mahindra XUV5OO: "The Dark Knight" Buying & Ownership Experience [65K Kms Crossed

^^ Hi @Iron Rock

Since I've been driving XUV for quite some, I wanted to ask this. And find your thread. Anyways, I practice idling rule in our XUV and in our Xylo. But I can see a lot of articles claim that newer vehicles don't require this. I usually idle XUV/Xylo around 30 seconds if the trip is short and in case of a long trip, I will idle it for 1-2 minutes.

Do you practice idling in your XUV? Do you think it is needed?
I am very sorry for my late reply, i completely missed your message. I see the idling thing as more of a warm up required before you exercise. I usually start the car and idle for about 15 secs and then make a very slow start - i never hit 60kmph 3 secs after starting. The idea is to let the oil circulate and pick up temperature slowly. Similarly when i come to a halt i amble around slowly, letting it in lower rpms and finally park safely and switch off in 15 secs or so. I dont believe in unnecessary burning of fuel but at the same time believe in oil temperature and circulation - so the idea is to take it easy both at start and end.

BTW i see a lot of people advocating and practicing the 30 sec rule - the irony is they practice this at the first start - if they go from home to office, anywhere else they dont practice it, they just start and zip off, have seen this several times - moral of the story is good habits need discipline no matter where you are. The human mind needs to be in sync with the machine, an ideal man machine interface can create bliss and result in long life for both the man and the machine [:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,409

An update and a final one on this thread :)
After a lot of thought and with a heavy heart i have sold the XUV, i got a decent price(wont mention here) and i decided to part with it. It served me impeccably well over the last 5+ years and has been a faithful runner! I am sure and hopeful the new owner will take care of it very well.

Top Bottom