Mahindra XUV500 Wheel Dislodged While Running

Silver streak hope your freind is fine and m$m will do the need full but pls do post some video or pics if you have let's see what happened there exactly .

Re: wheel comming off on the xuv500

dear friend's my friend has purchased new xuv500 recently after having driven it for 1500 kms very carefully as it is in running in condition to his utter shock and dismay the front driver side wheel just broke off and car landed on the bumper
That's a shock for a brand new vehicle.

The wheel broke off means? What exactly happened? did the bolts come off? Or was it sheared?

Any pics?

on informing the dealer india garage bangalore in a matter of 10 hrs they came and took the car on a truck to their showroom
10 hours????

pls help it is the same car that had the siren going off in the night without any reason of which i had posted a question in this section
Switch off the impact sensor, the siren will stop.

Is this due to Chinese origin of the XUV?[thinking]
Chinese origin?? What are you talking about?

no it was not after service the car just taken home from the showroom
If it was a brand new car being taken home from the showroom, how come it clocked 1500 kms? [confused]

That's a shock for a brand new vehicle.

If it was a brand new car being taken home from the showroom, how come it clocked 1500 kms? [confused]
Raj his friend took the delivery from India Garage Bangalore.

And he stays at Shimoga means approx 280 kms away from Bangalore.

Thread Starter #21

this happened in our hometown after the car came home and was running for a few weeks when this happened will be posting pic's soon my friend is away out of town the pics are in his camera

Last edited:
I'm yet to see what vw has to say about the vento that caught fire, unless we know exactly what happened from his friend we wont get an answer.

This is really bad where lives of many occupants were involved. My few questions are:

1.) Is the wheel of the vehicle comes out beacause of the loose nuts?
2.) Or Is the entire wheel hub with brake assemble comes out of the vehicle?

As both the scenarios are different and involve different sets of curlpits. If the bolts were loose or someone has tried to stole the tyre and left the nuts loose than the wheel will come out but if the entire HUB along with THE WHEEL has come out than its a serious issue of Quality control of M&M and parts reliability.

Hope and pray it will not be repeated again in any vehicle.

Lets just wait for the report and pics before gunning down any one.
Hope everyone is safe..

Very sorry to hear this plea of your friend, however a wheel coming off while driving bamboozles me

tornado has highlighted 2 potential causes, for point 2 above to occur it would take multiple failures all happening at the same time - however poor a build quality of a car is even probability wise it would make this an extremely rare case. what was the circumstance of this happening ? did he hit anything when this happening or was it in normal flat road driving ?

i sure would be keen to know the root cause, please keep us posted.

Amongst all this, I have a question.
During the drive, didn't the driver feel the wobble before the tyre came out? I find it hard to believe that there was no wobble and the feel of it in the steering (as its a front driver side tyre...this should have been very prominent).

If at all it was a case of loose nuts, the driver would have come to know about the problem quite early. If he did and still ignored it, it is purely the driver's fault. (I am not trying to put anything in favor of M&M, I am in no way associated to them:suspect:).

If it did come off without any wobble, I am sure it wasn't the loose nuts, but some manufacturing defect/bad quality. In this case, there must surely be something which is broken, either the rim, the springs etc(for an axle it seems way too early to break), which would have exerted extra pressure on the wheel.

It would only be clear once we have some pics of the vehicle. Did the service guys not say anything about the problem ??

@Silverstreak : I feel sorry for your friend, I know it was a life endangering accident, I am sure the speed on which he was driving was very low, else only god knows the fate. Hope everything is well now.
Do you have any idea whether something broke or was it just the tyre ??

Top Bottom