Mahindra XUV500 (W201): First Impressions Pg.29 Onwards

Hi All,
I will be booking XUV 500 W6 Red (Wooohoooo! [:D]).
It is raining here on the forum with SUVS in 'Red' of late.
Congrats in advance on the Cheetah !

Forget any detailing on the paint on a new car. God only knows what they are rubbing on your car with. Ask them to do an anti-rust undercoat instead.

Hi guys. I am planning to buy w6 variant of the cheetah aka XUV500. I just wanted to confirm is there any news regarding facelift models/variants of xuv500 coming in next few months or is it still far? Is it right time to buy the beast? Suggest me guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the current versions of xuv500 are niggle free?? Is it the right time to buy it. I know there is a facelift coming to xuv, but its sometime after march 2015 as i have been told. So is it worth waiting for another 4-5 months for the facelifted version (still mahindra has no official word about this) or can proceed to buy the current version. Help me out guys

Last edited:
SiriSiri888, Same here. Waiting for any news on upgrade. The waiting part is a terrible pain.[;)]
Yup buddy. No info about facelift or any new variabts launching apart from rumors of an automatic version. Im keen to know whether the facelift versions will have different interiors with upmarket plastics/leather or the same.

Yup buddy. No info about facelift or any new variabts launching apart from rumors of an automatic version. Im keen to know whether the facelift versions will have different interiors with upmarket plastics/leather or the same.
We all know the character of Mahindra that they are lazy to change the shape of most body panels for facelifts(e.g.previous facelifted scorpio;not latest one).To some extent it is true in new generation scorpio.They use it for many years with only minor changes in the vehicle like changing headlights and tail lights,adding features,adding chrome etc.IMHO don't expect much changes in XUV's body panels and dashboard.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I am planning to buy w6 variant of the cheetah aka XUV500. I just wanted to confirm is there any news regarding facelift models/variants of xuv500 coming in next few months or is it still far? Is it right time to buy the beast? Suggest me guys.
Is the current versions of xuv500 are niggle free?? Is it the right time to buy it. I know there is a facelift coming to xuv, but its sometime after march 2015 as i have been told. So is it worth waiting for another 4-5 months for the facelifted version (still mahindra has no official word about this) or can proceed to buy the current version. Help me out guys
SiriSiri888, Same here. Waiting for any news on upgrade. The waiting part is a terrible pain.[;)]
Since the test versions are caught recently, you cannot see them coming at=least for 2~3 months, It's wise to buy the current model and ask the SA for more discounts!

The ideal time would be from next month, if you wouldn't mind the VIN date and year then you can book it now for year end discounts.

Hi Vishwas. Thanks for your suggestion. However humans mind (more specifically - men for cars!) works irrationally. The dil maange more thought never ends. It always feels that if I could have waited for another 2-3 months, I could have got the latest one.
I understand, only cosmetic changes are anticipated. But kya kaare. Yeh dil hai ki maanta nahi.

Hi Vishwas. Thanks for your suggestion. However humans mind (more specifically - men for cars!) works irrationally. The dil maange more thought never ends. It always feels that if I could have waited for another 2-3 months, I could have got the latest one.
I understand, only cosmetic changes are anticipated. But kya kaare. Yeh dil hai ki maanta nahi.
Yes that's true, but in these higher budget cars cosmetic upgrades can be less prioritized, moreover the car is already loaded with many features, finally it's your call [:)].

Top Bottom